Author Topic: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)  (Read 393045 times)

Offline countoftuscany42

Re: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 01/16)
« Reply #1155 on: December 18, 2013, 01:39:02 PM »
this crowdsurge thing thinks I'm in the UK, so it won't let me change my shipping options  :face palm:
guess ill be doing this the live nation way...

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1156 on: December 18, 2013, 01:43:05 PM »
No shit. I can't believe there's actually a worse option than Ticketmaster or Live Nation.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #1157 on: December 18, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »
The fucking thing isn't working for me.. I can't get past the sign up page!!

EDIT:

I'm good. Still..WTF?
Now I can't, I click "Sign Up" and nothing happens.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1158 on: December 18, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »

EDIT:

I'm good. Still..WTF?
I had the same problem. I had my laptop, iPad, and iPhone trying. I eventually made it through.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline BelichickFan

« Reply #1159 on: December 18, 2013, 01:58:19 PM »

EDIT:

I'm good. Still..WTF?
I had the same problem. I had my laptop, iPad, and iPhone trying. I eventually made it through.
Me too, you just have to keep trying I guess.  I hope this actually works, the website didn't give me a lot of confidence.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #1160 on: December 18, 2013, 02:01:37 PM »
Got my tickets for LA Orpheum and Riverside. Again, it's kinda confusing the way it gives you seats, I'd suggest trying a couple different times to see if it gives a different row. And it's also crappy that it said the presale was tomorrow, and then it went on sale today without any notice.

Anyway I'm gonna see AN EVENING WITH DREAM THEATER TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Flacracker

« Reply #1161 on: December 18, 2013, 02:10:22 PM »
Wow they are completely skipping the South East United States. I am in Florida myself. Haven't seen then since 2011 too. Hopefully they do a second NA tour and hit my location. And hopefully an evening with too.

Offline As I Am

• Banned
« Reply #1162 on: December 18, 2013, 02:13:29 PM »
anyone familiar with this program DT is using to sell tickets through their website? was looking at Philly dates which aren't on presale or anything on live nation yet, but you can buy tickets on DTs site.  the seat it showed me was pretty average so i might just wait, i probably should have been up early for it.  anyone else try and buy that way?

Yeah, I got 20th row center aisle through DT.net. That was good enough for me.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #1163 on: December 18, 2013, 02:20:30 PM »
Damn!  I was out all day today, and now the dt.net available tickets for Toronto are gone.  Don't really feel like shelling out $190 or $300 for VIP.  Don't think I like DT that much.

Last time I saw them at Massey, I ended up with row G for either general sale, or Live Nation presale.  I can live with that.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #1164 on: December 18, 2013, 02:25:30 PM »
Right there with you.  Although, traveling to Red Bank on a Monday is gonna suck.  But, here I am complaining about getting to a show in my own state when other people are bitching about not having anything within 500 miles of where they live.  So, I guess I'll shut up now.

How bad could the traffic be there?
Coming from Morris County after work straight down 287 to the Parkway or taking 78 to the Parkway doesn't lend itself to a fun time on the road.  If I go by myself (and wife decides to stay home), I can bail a little early and get a jump on rush hour.

Offline cfmoran13

« Reply #1165 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »
Anyone ever been to the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC before? thinkin about buying floor tickets..

Yes...I saw Iron Maiden there when Bruce first rejoined the band.  If you don't mind standing in a packed crowd (which I do) then you should be fine. It's a pretty big place. Ironically enough when I saw IM there, Mike Portnoy walked right by me.
Was that the Ed Hunter tour w/ Clutch opening?  I was there, too.

It's definitely a cool place to see a show.  However, the idea of standing for 2.5+ hours for an "Evening w/DT" doesn't really excite me.  Damn, I'm getting old!  Standing during the Roseland Scenes show was pretty brutal by the end.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #1166 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:41 PM »
Am I right in thinking that the Montreal show will be 15,000? It would surely be the band's biggest ever North American show?
I'm just wondering what they will do for a stage? Majesty logo in the center definitely....It'll be cool to see
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1167 on: December 18, 2013, 02:40:05 PM »
Got my tickets for LA Orpheum and Riverside. Again, it's kinda confusing the way it gives you seats, I'd suggest trying a couple different times to see if it gives a different row. And it's also crappy that it said the presale was tomorrow, and then it went on sale today without any notice.

How much did you pay?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

mitchgo

« Reply #1168 on: December 18, 2013, 02:49:41 PM »
crowdsurge sucks. here's a tip that i discovered, and what was actually the root of my problem...make sure each field says OKAY as you exit it. don't leave any dashes in your phone number. make sure your pw has at least one numeral and one capital.  if you don't, when you hit SIGN UP nothing happens. and you're left wondering wtf.

i finally got through all of it, had two row G center seats for Boston, and crowdsurge tells me i already have an account. i had to get a pw reset mail, re-sign in...and then the timer hit 0 and i lost the seats. ended up getting row I in the same section, so still pretty sweet. Looking forward to the lovely Opera House, a nice change from that dump we call the Orpheum.

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #1169 on: December 18, 2013, 02:54:53 PM »

How much did you pay?

$102 per ticket in LA and $60 per ticket at Riverside.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1170 on: December 18, 2013, 03:03:56 PM »
Sonofabitch

Were those the cheapest?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Yoshi Yogurt

« Reply #1171 on: December 18, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »
There is no GA for Detroit?

How can there possibly be only reserved seating??

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #1172 on: December 18, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »
Sonofabitch

Were those the cheapest?

$102 was for the orchestra level at the Orpheum. The balcony is $60. I think the orch and balcony levels in Riverside are both $60 and maybe the more expensive tix for that show are already taken? Idk really.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1173 on: December 18, 2013, 05:21:03 PM »
My experience of the DT.net presale for the UK dates was that there actually ended up being better seats in the general sale, so I wouldn't worry too much yet.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #1174 on: December 18, 2013, 05:46:30 PM »
Probably doing the NY show. What sucks about that is that I want to be close to the stage, but I'm short and my dad hates standing room.
Boston is too far and we'd have to drive to get there. My dad certainly does not want to drive 130 miles at midnight on a Wednesday.
It'd be nice if they came back to a CT theater like the Oakdale, but that's clearly not gonna happen...
Oh well.

The Oakdale is the best venue I've ever seen a concert at. It's my favorite. I've seen DT there four or five times, but they haven't been back since the Chaos in Motion tour. I love DT and all, but to go see them in NY turns into a really expensive day. Way more than I'm willing to spend to go see a concert. The trip costs more than the tickets do.

CT is such a shitty place for bands that are in the middle, popularity wise. There are Toad's Place and The Webster, but those are only good if you don't plan on attracting more than 200 people. The Meadows holds 25,000 when they really cram people in there. DT played there with Yes, but it was during the winter months when they had the lawn closed off. Even then, it still holds 9,000 or so (I believe). There is the stadium that Uconn plays in, but that's ridiculously huge, I saw The Police there. The Oakdale seems to be the only venue for in between bands. Sure DT never sold it out, but they'd still get close to 3000 fans in there. That venue hasn't been doing much of anything lately. The best act (subjective) to come through there in the last year was Steel Panther, and they played in the arena, not the main stage.
They also came for PN09. The Oakdale isn't intended to be much of a music theater, more of a theater theater.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #1175 on: December 18, 2013, 06:27:33 PM »
Just got my ticket to my very first Dream Theater concert!!!  Great seat, too -- first row of mezzanine (so I don't have to stand up and still see it  ;) ).

So pumped!!!   :metal
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline dongringo

« Reply #1176 on: December 18, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »
Got my tickets for the Salem, OR show.  :metal

Edit: 7th row Center
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:30:09 PM by dongringo »
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline jmasterx

« Reply #1177 on: December 18, 2013, 08:26:37 PM »
4th row Montreal, got 2 contiguous seats!  :metal

BTW, how long is an evening with Dream Theater usually? Is it 4hrs of music?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:33:39 PM by jmasterx »

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #1178 on: December 18, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »
It's 3. I'm not entirely sure if the 15 minute intermission is added on top of that, or if it's included in that, I hope the first one! I think they've done it both ways.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1179 on: December 18, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »
Sonofabitch

Were those the cheapest?

$102 was for the orchestra level at the Orpheum. The balcony is $60. I think the orch and balcony levels in Riverside are both $60 and maybe the more expensive tix for that show are already taken? Idk really.

ok good. I don't mind sitting in the way back. I mean... the venue is tiny. I sat in the very back at The Grove and it was still great seats.

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1180 on: December 19, 2013, 10:13:53 AM »
Mexico dates have been slightly changed:

2014-04-23 - Arena Monterrey - Monterrey, MEX
2014-04-24 - Arena Ciudad de Mexico - Mexico City, MEX
2014-04-26 - Auditorio Telmex - Guadalajara, MEX

Fan club presale will start on January 13th, 2014
Public on-sale January 15th, 2014

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #1181 on: December 19, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »
I'm still excited they're playing a 23k people venue in Mexico City. This is gonna be incredibly epic.  :D
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1182 on: December 19, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »
I'd completely forgotten that they only play South of Denver if they have an opening act. Since I don't care enough to spend any more than the ticket cost to see them, I guess there's no DT for me for a while. I'll just wait for the DVD, which will be beat for beat identical to the show anyway.

At least I'm getting to see TA a couple of times.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: December 19, 2013, 03:39:37 PM »
Which means a Bartoless DT concert experience for me! :(
I'm actually debating New York or Chicago shows, the wife wants to make a trip out of Texas and she has friends in NY that she really wants to see and I have friends in Chicago, beside the fact that it would be awesome to see Chicago. I have work to do though cause her heart is still set on the Grand Canyon and as soon as I can convince her that it's just a glorified hole in the ground which does great as a wallpaper but loses it's appeal about 20 minutes into actually being there then I could sell her NY or Chicago, hopefully it won't be too late to get tickets to these shows.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #1184 on: December 19, 2013, 04:29:01 PM »
I'd completely forgotten that they only play South of Denver if they have an opening act. Since I don't care enough to spend any more than the ticket cost to see them, I guess there's no DT for me for a while. I'll just wait for the DVD, which will be beat for beat identical to the show anyway.

At least I'm getting to see TA a couple of times.
And you will party with the tickster! :metal
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #1185 on: December 19, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »
Does anyone know where to get tickets for the Chicago show? I can't find it on ticketmaster or any other site.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1186 on: December 19, 2013, 04:53:45 PM »
Which means a Bartoless DT concert experience for me! :(
I'm actually debating New York or Chicago shows, the wife wants to make a trip out of Texas and she has friends in NY that she really wants to see and I have friends in Chicago, beside the fact that it would be awesome to see Chicago. I have work to do though cause her heart is still set on the Grand Canyon and as soon as I can convince her that it's just a glorified hole in the ground which does great as a wallpaper but loses it's appeal about 20 minutes into actually being there then I could sell her NY or Chicago, hopefully it won't be too late to get tickets to these shows.
Tell her to hold off until you can do the Grand Canyon right. I'd only want to experience it floating down the Colorado river during the day and tripping balls on the banks at night. Seeing it from above sounds more like a 2 hour detour than an actual destination.

As for NYC vs Chicago, I've never been to Chicago, but NYC is definitely something worth seeing/doing once. It's pricey, but it really is a whole different sort of world.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #1187 on: December 19, 2013, 08:48:02 PM »
So the CA shows went on sale on DT's website yesterday before the Live Nation presales (LA was today and Riverside is in January), but it almost seems like not all the tickets were even on sale from DT's website.. Like some seats are being saved for those "pre"sales... Could that happen, or is there no way?

I ordered mine yesterday from DT.net and closest I could get was 7th row. Now someone just said they got first row today from the LN pre-sale, unless I read that wrong.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #1188 on: December 19, 2013, 08:53:40 PM »
So the CA shows went on sale on DT's website yesterday before the Live Nation presales (LA was today and Riverside is in January), but it almost seems like not all the tickets were even on sale from DT's website.. Like some seats are being saved for those "pre"sales... Could that happen, or is there no way?

I ordered mine yesterday from DT.net and closest I could get was 7th row. Now someone just said they got first row today from the LN pre-sale, unless I read that wrong.
For any concert the venue gets blocked out. So yes, DT will get a block to sell. LN will get a block. American Express often takes a block. Various entities that you've never heard of will get a block. A huge block never goes on sell at all to be held back for VIP fucktards. Tis the nature of the concert industry nowadays.

And in all fairness, never complain about 7th row seats.
E.F. Benson

Offline TheAtliator

« Reply #1189 on: December 19, 2013, 09:02:18 PM »
That's really freakin stupid. They should at least be clear about which seats go where. I don't even care that the tickets get spread out to be sold in a bunch of different places, I just wish they'd say where to buy which seats, which day BEFORE they go on sale. That way it's fair game, and whoever wants to spend the money and effort to get them the second they go on sale, at least knows how to do so.

And to be clear I am TOTALLY happy with my seats! It's just annoying how confusing this is to work with. Thanks for answering btw!