Author Topic: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)  (Read 393133 times)

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
Re: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 01/16)
« Reply #420 on: April 13, 2012, 01:21:16 PM »
I'm definitely going to the Columbus show, but i'll try to go to either the Cincinnati or Cleveland in addition.
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #421 on: April 13, 2012, 01:27:59 PM »
2012-07-18 - Paramount Theater - Huntington, NY   
2012-07-19 - Paramount Theater - Huntington, NY 

This is extremely interesting. I would say "cover album time!" if that hadn't been already ruled out by James...
Are there any particular special album anniversaries for DT in this time frame?

Mh, well, it's 20 years and 11 days after Images And Words was released. Full IAW on the second night? Well, I guess that the upcoming leg will shed some light on this: if they rotate the Images song including something like Take The Time or Another Day, or switch back to Metropolis as encore, than we could say that there's a strong chance of it happening.

They already did that in 2007 for the fifteenth aniversary, but back then the album in its entirety was only played in the european leg, and the US is still waiting for a full IAW show...

:)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #422 on: April 13, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »
MIGHT be at the show in Los Angeles @ The Gibson... and / or may possibly be at the Anaheim show @ The Grove.... my buddy's birthday is that week... might be a good excuse to go
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #423 on: April 13, 2012, 01:34:33 PM »

This is extremely interesting. I would say "cover album time!" if that hadn't been already ruled out by James...

15 years since FII was released, and 20 years since I&W as someone else mentioned. Also, 10 years since SDOIT.

Offline Flacracker

« Reply #424 on: April 13, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »
WHY NO FLORIDA????

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #425 on: April 13, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »

15 years since FII was released, and 20 years since I&W as someone else mentioned. Also, 10 years since SDOIT.
I meant something close to the date of the show. I&W seems to be the closest from what I can tell.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
« Reply #426 on: April 13, 2012, 02:03:48 PM »

I meant something close to the date of the show. I&W seems to be the closest from what I can tell.

I guess I missed the boat. :P

Offline The Fatal Tragedy

• I'm that "Awesome" guy.
« Reply #427 on: April 13, 2012, 02:53:18 PM »
Everyone's been beating around the bush, but they haven't mentioned the obvious reason why they are having two consecutive venues...
ahem... LIVE VIDEO ALBUM!!!

Also, just by chance that I end up being right, I suspect this 20th anniversary of I&W to have a great influence on the theme of the tour, while also still supporting ADTOE's release...
To explain my reasoning, I'll just assume you fans can put 2 and 2 together by linking the "I&W = ADTOE" allegations that developed from a few months ago.  ;D

BTW, I find it funny that the tour dates were announced on Friday the 13th.
Embrace the days; don't turn away. Life's true intent needs patience.

Karma starts the signal...

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #428 on: April 13, 2012, 03:15:38 PM »
Everyone's been beating around the bush, but they haven't mentioned the obvious reason why they are having two consecutive venues...

Also, just by chance that I end up being right, I suspect this 20th anniversary of I&W to have a great influence on the theme of the tour, while also still supporting ADTOE's release...
To explain my reasoning, I'll just assume you fans can put 2 and 2 together by linking the "I&W = ADTOE" allegations that developed from a few months ago.  ;D

Well, actually the band already made quite clear (via informal means) that the DVD would be shot in the South American Leg. However, I myself thing that something big may be in store for the second Huntington show, something big enough to be featured extensively on a hypotetical DVD2 of the video release.
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #429 on: April 13, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »

Well, actually the band already made quite clear (via informal means) that the DVD would be shot in the South American Leg. However, I myself thing that something big may be in store for the second Huntington show, something big enough to be featured extensively on a hypotetical DVD2 of the video release.
+1^ plus the fact that there is no South American leg or Australian leg scheduled for this world tour at the current time. With the N.A. 2nd leg being much earlier in the summer than I originally anticipated, I believe the South American tour will come towards the end of August or into September, which plays into DT's plan of finishing up the world tour in September. There's definitely enough time after July 21st for a break and then another leg of touring for wherever DT decides to go.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #430 on: April 13, 2012, 05:10:49 PM »

As you say, though - informal means! Obstacles arise, plans change, time is in flux and all that - plus, as RMV says, this NA tour is appearing sooner than anticipated and the SA tour still hasn't shown up. My guess, for all it isn't worth, is that logistics have delayed the South American tour a little and they've bumped up the North American one into its place, so they've moved the DVD recording to fit the schedule.

Keep in mind that this is gonna be the first single-venue DVD since they dropped the Evening With format. They're gonna need a few more songs to fill out the DVD to a similar length, and with alternating setlists performed at the same venue, they can seamlessly combine the two presentations into a full-length performance whereby they don't have to miss out any songs, they don't have to flick between venues every few songs to fill the disc, and everything will look beautiful. Not saying plans have changed, but of every possibility, a DVD makes the most sense. Not that I'm hoping they have shifted to New York, particularly - they've done the US before, and I think an SA crowd on a DT DVD would be brilliant - but it'd fit in with the original production timeline.

I really doubt they're gonna do anything Images and Wordsy - now they've got a back catalogue of eleven or so, it's gonna be one album's birthday every year, and they've already done the IAW thing just two tours ago. There's every chance they might do something special that's got nothing to do with IAW or covers, (full performance of ADTOE perhaps?) but if this is a DVD, it'll be the first live recording of a brave new Dream Theater empire - this should be "look how good we are now," not "look how good we were twenty years ago."

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #431 on: April 13, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
It's hard for me to believe they are skipping over the Carolinas again.   :huh: ??? :tdwn

Offline Pockets17red

« Reply #432 on: April 13, 2012, 05:37:42 PM »
It's hard for me to believe they are skipping over the Carolinas again.   :huh: ??? :tdwn
From what I am seeing from Mike Portnoy's Tourography, Dream Theater have only played in the Carolina's once, and that was in 2009.
Promoters down there must not like Dream Theater and I suppose the low ticket sales from Progressive Nation didn't help.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:43:46 PM by Pockets17red »
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #433 on: April 13, 2012, 06:05:16 PM »
I made this to express my anger.
https://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3os91u/
I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline dbrooks22

• Facilities Manager
« Reply #434 on: April 13, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »
I guess that makes me feel sort of better.  I saw an SUV the other day with a DRMTHTR license plate (NC). 

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #435 on: April 13, 2012, 07:02:02 PM »
Why are the three dates closest to me, which is still a 6 hour drive, on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday? People have work you know.   :'(

Offline Metropolis Pt. II

• DT.net Member
  • Let's roll!
« Reply #436 on: April 13, 2012, 07:20:46 PM »
Lewiston and Rochester heck yes I'm going to both!!!!

Offline Cookstar

« Reply #437 on: April 13, 2012, 07:28:18 PM »
I saw them in Asheville in 2009.  It wasn't sold out but there were quite a few there.  You'd think they would draw a lot more people having the concert in the Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham areas though.  They each have close to 2 million people, many times more than the Asheville metro area.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:56:24 AM by Cookstar »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #438 on: April 13, 2012, 07:37:00 PM »
Thu   7/5   El Paso, TX   Abraham Chavez Theatre
Fri   7/6   San Antonio, TX   Majestic Theater
Sat   7/7   Austin, TX   ACL Live
Mon   7/9   Grand Prairie, TX   Verizon Theatre

I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #439 on: April 13, 2012, 07:38:44 PM »
Rainee100 if you're reading this please tell JP Texas loves you and very thankful!!!
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #440 on: April 13, 2012, 07:42:24 PM »
Rainee100 if you're reading this please tell JP Texas loves you and very thankful!!!
Please add Ohio to that list. Three shows is the most we've gotten in a LONG time. SO THANKFUL!  :biggrin:

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #441 on: April 13, 2012, 07:51:17 PM »
Yeah, if they were to play DPAC in Durham or Ovens Auditorium in Charlotte, they would draw a good crowd. I was at the 2009 show in Asheville and while not a sellout, it was probably 85% full.  I live in Wilmington NC and it looks like another road trip for us. We are thinking Richmond and DC. We like the back to back nights so we get both set lists. We saw the first leg down in Clearwater and Orlando Fla. Least Richmond and DC are much closer to us.
"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya? Practice!"

Offline Pockets17red

« Reply #442 on: April 13, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »
Please add Ohio to that list. Three shows is the most we've gotten in a LONG time. SO THANKFUL!  :biggrin:
:hefdaddy

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #443 on: April 13, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
Thu   7/5   El Paso, TX   Abraham Chavez Theatre
Fri   7/6   San Antonio, TX   Majestic Theater
Sat   7/7   Austin, TX   ACL Live
Mon   7/9   Grand Prairie, TX   Verizon Theatre

God I love Supernatural GIFs  :lol
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #445 on: April 13, 2012, 09:20:54 PM »
Well, my only chance of seeing them will be if I can "conveniently" schedule a reason to be in our San Antonio office that week, but methinks Mrs.Jingle wouldn't be liking me staying away on ANOTHER weekend to see DT (ie, when I saw them in AZ in December)
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #446 on: April 13, 2012, 09:24:53 PM »
Did I miss a mention of when the tickets will go on sale?

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #447 on: April 13, 2012, 10:08:31 PM »
I've decided that this will be the first concert that I don't look up the setlist for. Cleveland is only 5 concerts in, and I can hold back my inner obsession long enough to see the concert. Should be amazing.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #448 on: April 13, 2012, 11:09:55 PM »

Ohio getting three shows while major parts of the country (like the Southeast) were ignored is a major WTF.

Offline Pockets17red

« Reply #449 on: April 13, 2012, 11:18:50 PM »

Ohio getting three shows while major parts of the country (like the Southeast) were ignored is a major WTF.
Well, usually Ohio gets two dates per leg, and a few times has gotten three or more so it isn't too weird but does suck for the fans in the other states whose promoters must have not had as good of deals or no deals at all but yet again the only states in the Southeast that ever gotten more than one concert are Georgia, Florida and Virginia.
Florida actually got 3 dates in a row for the first leg of this tour and Georgia got a show during that leg so not much of an issue for me there but I'm glad Virginia got a date this time around since they haven't gotten once since 2010.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:39:33 PM by Pockets17red »

Offline MasterLomaxus

• Onion Flakes
« Reply #450 on: April 14, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »
No fucking St. Louis, either. 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #451 on: April 14, 2012, 02:37:03 AM »
Yeah, I was hoping for a Triangle-area show, or Charlotte.  It seems like a natural fit.  But sadly, no.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2012, 03:09:14 AM »
Why is the Chicago date different than here?

https://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/dream-theater-north-american-summer-tour-dates

The date in this thread is based on the original press release. I'll try and find out which is the correct date.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #453 on: April 14, 2012, 06:06:14 AM »
No CT for The second time in a row  :censored

Offline energythief

• Chubby Chaser
« Reply #454 on: April 14, 2012, 08:47:00 AM »
No BC? That sucks.