Author Topic: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 04/23)  (Read 395329 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The Dream Theater Tour Dates & Setlists Thread (UPDATED 01/16)
« Reply #980 on: December 12, 2013, 09:16:39 AM »
"will be announced as soon as they are confirmed" :lol
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #981 on: December 12, 2013, 09:19:08 AM »
There's an announcement that there's going to be an announcement?

Yes.  It is a pre-announcement.

:biggrin:

Hey, look, all I know is, when DT Marketing sends me an email saying to post something, I post it when they tell me to.  There usually isn't much more of an explanation other than the date and time to post it.  I am but a lowly minion.  A mere cog in the machine.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #982 on: December 12, 2013, 09:20:08 AM »
Please come to NC!

And it begins....    ;)

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #983 on: December 12, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
Hope the dates go on sale after the holidays.  Between Christmas gifts and tax bills being due, people need to replenish their bank accounts a bit. 
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #984 on: December 12, 2013, 09:34:24 AM »
There's an announcement that there's going to be an announcement?

Yes.  It is a pre-announcement.

:biggrin:

Hey, look, all I know is, when DT Marketing sends me an email saying to post something, I post it when they tell me to.  There usually isn't much more of an explanation other than the date and time to post it.  I am but a lowly minion.  A mere cog in the machine.  :lol

You run the Facebook page for DT?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #985 on: December 12, 2013, 09:41:25 AM »
No. I'm talking about posting it here.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #986 on: December 12, 2013, 09:44:31 AM »

....and once they are confirmed we will release an announcement confirming the confirmation that will allow us to announce we can release an announcement that will detail the release date in which we will announce our upcoming tour dates.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline emtee

« Reply #987 on: December 12, 2013, 09:48:28 AM »
Hopefully the shows are well attended across the country. Profitability and success would mean they could do it again in the
future.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #988 on: December 12, 2013, 09:52:12 AM »

....and once they are confirmed we will release an announcement confirming the confirmation that will allow us to announce we can release an announcement that will detail the release date in which we will announce our upcoming tour dates.

This is why you are angry. 

;)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #989 on: December 12, 2013, 09:53:08 AM »
Hopefully the shows are well attended across the country. Profitability and success would mean they could do it again in the
future.

Wait...what?  ???  You are aware that they have toured many, many times before, right?

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #990 on: December 12, 2013, 10:08:47 AM »

;)

And see here I thought I was being 'funny' and it must have come off as 'angry'. It's no wonder I was nominated for most angry because generally I try to do my best to inject some humor into the mix and it must end up looking like anger. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm angry man Miller Grrrrrrrrrr

Guess I'll just be that angry guy.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #991 on: December 12, 2013, 10:10:01 AM »
future.

Wait...what?  ???  You are aware that they have toured many, many times before, right?

Maybe he emtee was speaking 'Evening With' format? If it's successful this tour then they'd just stick with it rather than have supporting acts to draw in folks?

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #992 on: December 12, 2013, 10:10:33 AM »

;)

And see here I thought I was being 'funny' and it must have come off as 'angry'. It's no wonder I was nominated for most angry because generally I try to do my best to inject some humor into the mix and it must end up looking like anger. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm angry man Miller Grrrrrrrrrr

Guess I'll just be that angry guy.

Grrrr ARGGHHHHHH    THBBBBBBBBBBPPPPPPP... 

:lol

Offline emtee

« Reply #993 on: December 12, 2013, 10:31:47 AM »
future.

Certainly. It's been awhile since an evening with format though. If it goes well they will feel confident about doing it again.
If not they will probably opt for an opener or two than can help fill the seats.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #994 on: December 12, 2013, 11:48:32 AM »

wait, DT Marketing is the Emperor?!?

interesting . . .
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #995 on: December 12, 2013, 11:51:53 AM »

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #996 on: December 12, 2013, 04:56:20 PM »
pleeeeeeease add some Aussie dates later  :angel:    We missed out on the ADTOE tour and if we miss out this time I might need to channel my inner Yngwie and unleash the f&*$ing  fury  ;D

Sydney and their pathetic turnouts are reducing the attractiveness of touring Australia but a few acts have figured out what to do - concentrate on Melbourne and (for wolfking) Brisbane.   Hell - Steel panther can pack in 7,500 down here no probs (and the other night packed out Myer Music Bowl on the same night as Bon Jovi had 45,000 at Docklands).
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #997 on: December 12, 2013, 07:09:12 PM »
Soon.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #998 on: December 16, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
10 days later, still nothing. :tdwn :tdwn

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #999 on: December 16, 2013, 08:38:44 AM »
10 days later, still nothing. :tdwn :tdwn

Unfortunately, that is how DT has been operating lately. At least we don't have to wait months like for the DVD (unless they delay the whole US tour  :omg:).
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1000 on: December 16, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »
It says something that DT's definition of "SOON" has become something of an in-joke round here.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1001 on: December 16, 2013, 08:57:05 AM »
pleeeeeeease add some Aussie dates later  :angel:    We missed out on the ADTOE tour and if we miss out this time I might need to channel my inner Yngwie and unleash the f&*$ing  fury  ;D

Sydney and their pathetic turnouts are reducing the attractiveness of touring Australia but a few acts have figured out what to do - concentrate on Melbourne and (for wolfking) Brisbane.   Hell - Steel panther can pack in 7,500 down here no probs (and the other night packed out Myer Music Bowl on the same night as Bon Jovi had 45,000 at Docklands).

There's nothing pathetic about Sydney's turnouts, and that has nothing to do with bands not coming here. :tdwn The problem is just that we're a shithole country to tour in general, due to only having a handful of real cities (Sydney easily being one of the biggest and most important to play for any band that tours here), and a whole bunch of nothing inbetween, meaning it's a lot of travel for very few shows.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1002 on: December 16, 2013, 09:03:06 AM »

There's nothing pathetic about Sydney's turnouts, and that has nothing to do with bands not coming here. :tdwn The problem is just that we're a shithole country to tour in general, due to only having a handful of real cities (Sydney easily being one of the biggest and most important to play for any band that tours here), and a whole bunch of nothing inbetween, meaning it's a lot of travel for very few shows.

If you build it, they will come.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1003 on: December 16, 2013, 09:05:04 AM »

That's a lie. I built a stage in my backyard for DT to play, and they never came. I even posted arrow signs and everything so they knew where to go.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1004 on: December 16, 2013, 09:07:14 AM »

That's a lie. I built a stage in my backyard for DT to play, and they never came. I even posted arrow signs and everything so they knew where to go.

They were too busy being fascinated pink Lake Hiller. 

Offline DTFan0789

« Reply #1005 on: December 16, 2013, 09:17:54 AM »
I just hope they play the Beacon Theatre since I'll be living in NYC by then.
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1984

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1006 on: December 16, 2013, 09:25:18 AM »
I just hope they play the Beacon Theatre since I'll be living in NYC by then.

To where in NYC are you moving?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1007 on: December 16, 2013, 09:32:07 AM »
Hope they play somewhere better in Philly this time. I'm not driving through the murder capitol of the world (Camden) and several areas of Philly which are probably just as bad / if not worse to see DT again.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #1008 on: December 16, 2013, 11:20:19 AM »
Yeah, the lack of news on the tour is somewhat disheartening. I hope they get a NC show in, but I'll definitely be attending at least one show regardless :caffeine:
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1009 on: December 16, 2013, 12:20:44 PM »
My fingers are crossed for a show either at the Greek Theater again in Hollywood (like in '09) or for the Santa Barbara Bowl in Santa Barbara (a little smaller than the Greek but just as beautiful).
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1010 on: December 16, 2013, 01:36:56 PM »
I can tell you one place they WON'T be playing......St. Louis, MO.
2004 was their last gig here.....since then it's been a lot of road trips and DVDS.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #1011 on: December 16, 2013, 02:44:09 PM »
Just to make sure... DT would never skip southern California, right?

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #1012 on: December 16, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »
No, not a chance they'd skip it.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #1013 on: December 16, 2013, 03:09:31 PM »

Last tour they played here 3? 4 times? Once at the Nokia Theater (LA) and The Grove (Anahiem), and then the Grove again and then at The Gibson in Studio City :)

I'm just tired of driving down to / through LA. Santa Barbara would be AWESOME...
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #1014 on: December 16, 2013, 03:11:44 PM »

Last tour they played here 3? 4 times? Once at the Nokia Theater (LA) and The Grove (Anahiem), and then the Grove again and then at The Gibson in Studio City :)

I'm just tired of driving down to / through LA. Santa Barbara would be AWESOME...
You forgot San Diego!   :P
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.