Author Topic: A Dramatic Turn of Events Mixed and Mastered  (Read 4323 times)

Offline metropofreak

• I like turtles
A Dramatic Turn of Events Mixed and Mastered
« on: June 28, 2011, 09:45:36 AM »
From JP's twitter account: 

'New DT album is all mixed and mastered as of today. First show of the tour in Rome in less than a week! Looking forward to seeing everyone.'

Im so excited its unreal  :metal :metal

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
Re: A Dramatic Turn of Events Mixed and Mastered
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:49:10 AM »
From JP's twitter account: 

'New DT album is all mixed and mastered as of today. First show of the tour in Rome in less than a week! Looking forward to seeing everyone.'

Im so excited its unreal  :metal :metal

Consciously unreal  :metal

It's great they chose my country for the first show of the second half od thier career and life! Thanks for trusting us italian fans!!  ;D
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 09:49:34 AM »
awwwyeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:tup

Offline Dream_Theater01

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 09:59:06 AM »
Does anyone think it's possible they'll release a single before the tour starts?  They are planning on playing a new song from the album live, right?

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 10:02:49 AM »
hory shit
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
SO EXCITED!  :metal
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 10:10:08 AM »
I Mangini'd.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 10:13:49 AM »
Wasteland, we expect bootleg on Dimeadozen :-X
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline ElliottTamer

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 10:39:48 AM »
Does anyone think it's possible they'll release a single before the tour starts?  They are planning on playing a new song from the album live, right?

I wish they would, I really do... But it doesn't really make much sense unless they release a song that is different than the one they'll be playing during the European tour. And even then, why would they bother releasing something so early (not to mention "giving away" two songs at once)? I'd expect any single to be coming out soon after the tour is finished (so around the 8th of August)
Still, my fingers are crossed for some more info: maybe a sample, if not the single, or maybe the art cover.

P.S. Should their next DVD/live CD be called "A Dramatic Tour of Events"?

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 10:53:42 AM »

I wish they would, I really do... But it doesn't really make much sense unless they release a song that is different than the one they'll be playing during the European tour.

Why shouldn't they? They should release the song they are going to playing on the tour.  :)

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »
Just changed my underwear  :metal

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 11:01:23 AM »
Very excited! Can't wait :)
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

Offline ElliottTamer

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 11:01:47 AM »

I wish they would, I really do... But it doesn't really make much sense unless they release a song that is different than the one they'll be playing during the European tour.

Why shouldn't they? They should release the song they are going to playing on the tour.  :)

I might be wrong here, but not releasing the song they're going to be playing is another good reason to go to the show. As far as calling people in goes, an exclusive new song is a pretty good incentive (even if maybe an unnecessary one).
So my guess is they will release that song, but only after you can't go to a show to listen to it.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »
I piddled a little bit.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline robwebster

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 11:09:13 AM »

I might be wrong here, but not releasing the song they're going to be playing is another good reason to go to the show. As far as calling people in goes, an exclusive new song is a pretty good incentive (even if maybe an unnecessary one).
So my guess is they will release that song, but only after you can't go to a show to listen to it.
The problem with playing new material on tour is that it'll be bootlegged, and the band won't want many people's first impression of the album to be down the lens of a cameraphone.

On the past two tours, they've released the free single before debuting it live. I imagine they'd make that a hat trick.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »
Very good point by robwebster, MP's new band went pretty far to make sure people didn't experience their music for the first time from some 'shitty YouTube video.'

JP has confirmed they will be playing new material, and I doubt we'll get a video, but RR seems to post songs in advance.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »
Rob!! Dead on I just received an Email to listen to the new song on the Roadrunner youtube page on June 29th at 11 am.  DAMMIT!! I'M TAKING A TEST FOR THE POST OFFICE THEN!!!!!!! >:(
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 11:37:45 AM »
so you're saying new track tomorrow at 11am?

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 11:39:25 AM »
so you're saying new track tomorrow at 11am?

so youre telling me there's a chance

YEAAAAAAAA

Offline Chrissalix

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 11:41:22 AM »

The problem with playing new material on tour is that it'll be bootlegged, and the band won't want many people's first impression of the album to be down the lens of a cameraphone.

On the past two tours, they've released the free single before debuting it live. I imagine they'd make that a hat trick.

You got this weeks lottery numbers?

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
This feeling...inside me... :'( ;D
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »
I can't freaking wait!!!!! :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline robwebster

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 12:38:14 PM »

Hahahahahaha. Ooooh I love being right.

Offline Knguro

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 12:44:13 PM »
Im feeling like a little girl OMG OmG OMG OMgosh!!!!! :heart :heart :-* :-* :heart :heart
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline robwebster

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 12:45:09 PM »
Im feeling like a little girl OMG OmG OMG OMgosh!!!!! :heart :heart :-* :-* :heart :heart
Same! Hopping up and down the house singing songs to people. Suddenly become very hyperactive.

This is the fourth new release I've been present for - I shouldn't still be this giddy! Glad I am, though.

Offline ElliottTamer

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 12:49:06 PM »

Hahahahahaha. Ooooh I love being right.

Ohhh, I love your being right (and my being wrong)!

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 12:59:23 PM »
OMG :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: Time just went flying by. Tomorrow will defitnely be a great day. I don't know what to do while I wait.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”