General > Reviews

[Music] Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

<< < (2/4) > >>

Global Laziness:

--- Quote from: bosk1 on June 23, 2009, 11:08:22 PM ---[Wither] features perhaps some of the most poetic and thoughtful lyrics on the album.

[...]

The lyrics [in The Best of Times] are beautiful and full of the kind of common, everyday events and descriptions of events that would sound trite if written about a different topic.  But as it is, they fit the mood of the song nicely.  Mike did a really nice job with this one.

--- End quote ---

There have been far too many complaints about the lyrical content of this album. I wholeheartedly agree with both of these statements.

--- Quote from: bosk1 on June 23, 2009, 11:08:22 PM ---The only thing that didn't seem quite right to me was the transition to the TROAE reprise in the middle of Receive.  Once there, the reprise was grand.  But even for a band that makes abrupt transitions its signature, this transition just felt forced.  Maybe I'll get over it after repeat listens.

--- End quote ---

This is one of only two things on the album that I particularly dislike (all the others rate between average and incredible). I'm glad to see that someone else feels the same way about it.

--- Quote from: metty on June 23, 2009, 11:51:06 PM ---Closest review I found here to my own opinion, kick ass.

--- End quote ---

Definitely this.

YtseBitsySpider:
hmm after one day one can only expect so much thought on the cd.
my thoughts mirror yours -so far- I like the cd.

Nick:
Please don't smite me, I changed thread title to be formatted per the rules. :lol

Setlist Scotty:

--- Quote from: bosk1 on June 23, 2009, 11:08:22 PM ---I bought the three-disk deluxe edition, which means I got a disk of six cover songs ranging from Deep Purple, to Queen, to the Dixie Dregs, to Iron Maiden.

--- End quote ---

Bosk, you got the über super-duper ultra titanium rare one! I'm SO jealous - the rest of us are stuck with that Rainbow cover. Do tell - what's the Deep Purple cover on your disc?  :lol

emindead:
Bosk, do you mind posting this review on Amazon and other similar sites to promote the album even more?

I agree with lots of things and I will definitely won't agree with the thing about Mike's vocals and what you said about the generalization of the lyrics... but the rest is mostly spot on. Good job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version