General > Movies and TV

I find the home shopping network fascinating [rant]

(1/1)

Progmetty:
I have never seen this before nor have I been aware of it's existence, a TV station only for commercials! Whoa!
Found my mother-in-law watching it earlier and she insisted that I check out what that new express grill -that she find amazing- can do.
Then I watch two human beings bare their soul trying to convince me they're genuinely excited about the new grill, a lady was cooking and a man was drooling over what she's cooking. And she would stay stuff like "And guess what else it can make in under 7 minutes!" and the guy is more shocked than Neo when he first learned about the real world.
This is harder than what Hollywood actors do imo.
Probably familiar to all of you but I'm still somewhat of an outsider to stuff like that. In Egypt you could never ever get two people to act that excited about anything in the world. Primary because they know they will be the subject of ridicule and mockery for at least a decade after the commercial airs.
OMFG THE LADY JUST MADE A HOT DOG WRAPPED IN A PANCAKE IN UNDER 5 MINUTES!! I THINK I HAVE A BONER!!!

black_biff_stadler:
This?

Progmetty:
No no, these actors are far more believable :lol

LeeHarveyKennedy:

--- Quote from: metty on June 27, 2011, 04:39:46 PM ---In Egypt you could never ever get two people to act that excited about anything in the world. Primary because they know they will be the subject of ridicule and mockery for at least a decade after the commercial airs.

--- End quote ---

Also because public humiliation is still punishable by death over there.

Oh no, I just disrespected Egypt!

Progmetty:

--- Quote from: LeeHarveyKennedy on June 29, 2011, 09:10:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: metty on June 27, 2011, 04:39:46 PM ---In Egypt you could never ever get two people to act that excited about anything in the world. Primary because they know they will be the subject of ridicule and mockery for at least a decade after the commercial airs.

--- End quote ---

Also because public humiliation is still punishable by death over there.

Oh no, I just disrespected Egypt!

--- End quote ---

Possibly :lol
Possibly..  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version