Author Topic: I find the home shopping network fascinating [rant]  (Read 764 times)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
I find the home shopping network fascinating [rant]
« on: June 27, 2011, 04:39:46 PM »
I have never seen this before nor have I been aware of it's existence, a TV station only for commercials! Whoa!
Found my mother-in-law watching it earlier and she insisted that I check out what that new express grill -that she find amazing- can do.
Then I watch two human beings bare their soul trying to convince me they're genuinely excited about the new grill, a lady was cooking and a man was drooling over what she's cooking. And she would stay stuff like "And guess what else it can make in under 7 minutes!" and the guy is more shocked than Neo when he first learned about the real world.
This is harder than what Hollywood actors do imo.
Probably familiar to all of you but I'm still somewhat of an outsider to stuff like that. In Egypt you could never ever get two people to act that excited about anything in the world. Primary because they know they will be the subject of ridicule and mockery for at least a decade after the commercial airs.
OMFG THE LADY JUST MADE A HOT DOG WRAPPED IN A PANCAKE IN UNDER 5 MINUTES!! I THINK I HAVE A BONER!!!
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: I find the home shopping network fascinating [rant]
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 12:00:52 PM »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: I find the home shopping network fascinating [rant]
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:30:52 PM »
No no, these actors are far more believable :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: In which LHK breaks Cardinal Rule #9 of DTF
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:10:12 PM »
In Egypt you could never ever get two people to act that excited about anything in the world. Primary because they know they will be the subject of ridicule and mockery for at least a decade after the commercial airs.

Also because public humiliation is still punishable by death over there.

Oh no, I just disrespected Egypt!
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: In which LHK breaks Cardinal Rule #9 of DTF
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 09:15:49 PM »
In Egypt you could never ever get two people to act that excited about anything in the world. Primary because they know they will be the subject of ridicule and mockery for at least a decade after the commercial airs.

Also because public humiliation is still punishable by death over there.

Oh no, I just disrespected Egypt!

Possibly :lol
Possibly..  >:(