Poll

will AM's first should be on the internet tomorrow?

yes
15 (29.4%)
No
19 (37.3%)
Maybe
8 (15.7%)
Devin Townsend
9 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: MP's important message/question, will it be respected?  (Read 4771 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: MP's important message/question, will it be respected?
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 10:24:51 AM »
Yeah, and I'm the same as you, because we are capable of understanding the fact that the recording quality is shitty and therefore we shouldn't judge from it. But a lot of people don't get that, sadly. So I think it makes complete sense for a band to not want their new material first being heard via rubbish bootleg recordings.
I guess that's true.
I guess what I was trying to say is this: We have some huge music festivals here in Belgium. The two biggest are Rock Werchter and Pukkelpop. Both of those offer live streaming to those who couldn't make it to the festival, that is, if they get the band's permission. I don't remember exactly but when I took a look "live streaming schedule" the next day after coming back from Pukkelpop, I could see which bands had given permission, some hadn't. Of course I didn't see every band, but of those I had seen there definitely was a correlation between the quality of the show and whether they had given permission for the show to be streamed live. It's just a thought that's occurred to me ever since.
Yeah that's a little different though. Those are established bands playing songs that people already know. And in that case, I'd definitely agree with you about the general trend.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.