Author Topic: **Regarding posting of links to DT material**  (Read 992 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
**Regarding posting of links to DT material**
« on: June 26, 2011, 10:49:21 AM »
As we stroll towards September, it is possible that DT material may leak eventually, so might I remind everyone of Rule 2:

2a. Sharing, requests for sharing, offers to share, or discussion of illegally obtaining pirated material is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, warez, direct links, asking for links/files, and hinting at resources for finding the material.

2b. With regard to "leaked" material ... [from] Dream Theater and side-projects by the members of Dream Theater, you may not discuss the leaked material whatsoever.
Any discussion of a leak, including discussion of the songs themselves, will be met with an immediate ban until at least release date, if not longer.

In addition, I've lost count now of how many times people have posted youtube links of OTHER songs that claim to be leaks. Even though these are fake, they are still pirated material and thus against the rules. I am posting this thread to make it absolutely clear - other than live bootlegs, any youtube link to a song that is not from an official page is against the rules. Ignorance is not an excuse now, and bans will be handed out if people continue to post them.

Thanks.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: **Regarding posting of links to DT material**
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 08:19:10 PM »
May I just add that ignorance of the rules was NEVER an excuse? :p
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1