Author Topic: My debut pop/rock album Distance Reawakens  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Party Mike

My debut pop/rock album Distance Reawakens
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:34:01 AM »
Hey guys, I'd love it if you could check out my debut album.

(pretentious cover alert)
https://michaeldermot.bandcamp.com/

I hope you get the vague sense of coherence and story I was going for with this tracklisting. I'm happy to take any constructive criticism about my singing or lyrics. I understand this probably isn't really most of your guys' style. I would recommend "Hold Me Back" and perhaps "What We're too Scared to See" to you guys for a preview.

I understand that a lot of people here might not dig it, but I figured I'd see if it sticks with any of you. Thanks for all your help and support along the way.

https://www.facebook.com/michaeldermot

Kosmo

Re: My debut pop/rock album Distance Reawakens
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:38:31 AM »
I really like that cover.  :P Gonna check it out today.

Offline Party Mike

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:53:51 AM »
Gracias, amigo.

Kosmo

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 08:01:39 AM »
Okay i'm on Beneath the Burning Sun at the moment, musically it's right up my alley. Really digging the lyrics and vocals too.

So far so good.

Offline In The Name Of Rudess

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:49:59 AM »
This is awesome. Hold me Back and Beneath the Burning Sun are my favourites. Your voice is really, really good. The drums are pretty inventive, and the bass has some great lines especially in What We're Too Scared To See. So, great work!

Kosmo

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 09:53:11 AM »
Finished it an hour or two ago. Really good stuff. Beneath the Burning Sun is my favorite song from the album. As i said, great vocals, great bass, great drums and guitar. It's just a complete package.  :tup

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »
Great work with this.  Very nice songs from what I can hear. 

Futhermore, not only is it very well written but it's also the kind of music that people would want to buy.  I think you can get somewhere with this, as in really get somewhere.  Here's hoping that you do!   

Kosmo

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 01:11:59 PM »
Can't buy it though, since I don't have a credit card.  :(

Offline Party Mike

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 03:24:04 PM »
Great work with this.  Very nice songs from what I can hear. 

Futhermore, not only is it very well written but it's also the kind of music that people would want to buy.  I think you can get somewhere with this, as in really get somewhere.  Here's hoping that you do!   

1. Thank you, sir. I appreciate the huge compliment.
2. I like that there are two frog avatars on this page. Feels good, man.

Phsyical CDs are now available to order on the BandCamp page, if anyone's interested! I really love the album art and liner notes (and I'm not biased).

In The Name of Rudess: Thank you, sir. That's my bass-buddy Jase Ginkel for ya. Though it would have been easy to write boring pop-punk bass lines for some of these songs, he and I both agreed that the bass needed to stand out on this album. I get so bored listening to bass-lines that just follow the guitar around.

Offline Party Mike

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 05:31:03 AM »
I dunno if any of you are near MN, but I'll be playing most of the album live on 8.21 at Fine Line Cafe.

Please join the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/michaeldermot

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 01:02:42 PM »
I'll be sure to check this out later on, just posting to say that it's clear who your target audience should be for marketing purposes. Frogs.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Party Mike

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 07:24:35 PM »
I'll be sure to check this out later on, just posting to say that it's clear who your target audience should be for marketing purposes. Frogs.
You know... I'm okay with that. Frogs are kewl imo

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 04:29:32 AM »
Didn't you used to be Gohi? Back on topic, What We're too Scared to See has this pleasant mid/late 90s soothing vibe reminiscent of Fastball's "The Way", Sixpence None the Richer's Kiss Me, and a few others I can't quite pinpoint at the moment.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Party Mike

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »
My user name history is far too convoluted and long-winded to post in this thread.

It was Gohi, then Party Mike, then Webcam Mike, then Gohi again, now I'm Mike (on five/eight).
The Gohi SN kills me inside but it's what I'm known by all over the netz, haha.

Thanks for the What We're too Scared to See comment. I dig it.

If you guys wanna help me out without spending money join my facebook fanpage. https://www.facebook.com/michaeldermot and maybe suggest to friends or something.
The fan count is pitifully low right now and it's always a subject of worry when I meet with song publishers and radio people.

Thanks,
Gohi/Mike/Party Mike/Webcam Mike/

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
I say you just end all the sn bullshit and settle into a wonderful new life as Dolemike.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 06:23:45 PM »
If you guys wanna help me out without spending money join my facebook fanpage. https://www.facebook.com/michaeldermot and maybe suggest to friends or something.
The fan count is pitifully low right now and it's always a subject of worry when I meet with song publishers and radio people.

Thanks,
Gohi/Mike/Party Mike/Webcam Mike/

Done :tup
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Party Mike

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 06:02:20 AM »
Thanks Volk.
I'm doing something kinda cool on that page: I'm doing a video Q&A. Ask me any question you want and I will answer it in a video posted on Wednesday. Should be really fun (this is your chance to embarrass me).