General > Movies and TV

Did Pixar finally strike out?

(1/19) > >>

MetalJunkie:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cars-2/

This can't be possible. It's fucking Pixar.

Fiery Winds:
I believe the original Cars was their lowest rated film on RT.  While I'll still see it and probably enjoy it, I'm not surprised it's not doing well (though audience rating is currently more than double the critic rating). 

ClairvoyantCat:
Wow, this is a bit sad actually!  I believe that's never happened.

Then again, I can't say that I'm horribly shocked, simply slightly shocked.  I honestly couldn't imagine Cars being remade and having it go super well for them in the first place.  The first was a pretty fun film, though certainly one of their weakest in terms of depth, and it would have been quite alright as a stand-alone.  Conversely, I'm surprised that even Pixar couldn't have made it work.  I was expecting more in the 70-percent approval range like the last.  But, of course, I wouldn't be surprised if they've worn out their car-related jokes, I think the first one just about covered it in that world.  They've got a number of other films which I think deserved sequel treatment more than this one. 

Nevertheless, still love them to death.  Let's hope this ends up being just "that one" clunker. 

--- Quote from: Fiery Winds on June 25, 2011, 01:11:32 PM ---(though audience rating is currently more than double the critic rating). 

--- End quote ---

Well, I'm afraid to say that's pretty common.  Say, Tranformers 2 is nearly quadruple in that respect.  To me that's enough for reasonable distrust in the audience opinion.

glaurung:
The first cars was total crap so I'm not surprised to see the sequel is even worse.

ZBomber:
Whatever possessed them to make a Cars 2 in the first place?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version