Author Topic: Chris Clancy leaves Mutiny Within  (Read 1693 times)

Offline WildeSilas

Chris Clancy leaves Mutiny Within
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:54:30 PM »
https://www.rocksins.com/2011/06/chris-clancy-leaves-mutiny-within-10704/

Not sure how many fans there are here, but I really loved their debut album. Now they've replaced the drummer, lost the keyboardist, been dropped from Roadrunner (lack of sales), and yesterday, Chris Clancy (the vocalist) bailed out. Really sad when you consider all the shit bands doing well on the Roadrunner label. These guys could both write and play, and Chris had some killer pipes, almost too good to be true. They should have been a huge inspiration to so many of the generic metal bands around right now, but Roadrunner did a pretty piss-poor job of promoting them IMO, and they'll probably call it quits at this point. What a missed opportunity.
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

Online nikatapi

Re: Chris Clancy leaves Mutiny Within
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 04:26:35 AM »
I didn't know all these details about the recent events, and i feel kind of sad.
They really are one of the best new bands i've listened to, and it is dissapointing to see them struggle.
And the singer has such a unique voice, what a pity that he quit the band....

Offline WildeSilas

Re: Chris Clancy leaves Mutiny Within
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »
In his statement, Chris said they only sold 10,000 units of the debut album. That is absolutely ridiculous given the quality of the material on there. Properly promoted, these guys should be bigger than Trivium or Atreyu - or really anyone in that vein right now. They've got better chops, better songs, better stage presence, and Clancy's voice alone set them high above any other band in this genre right now. Really, really sad.  :sad:
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints