Author Topic: Favorite actor/actress  (Read 5504 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Favorite actor/actress
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 04:43:47 PM »
I'd like to add Tom Wilkinson.   The man can act.
He's good, but I swear he always plays the same character. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »
Men
Bruce Willis
John Travolta
Samuel L. Jackson
Leonardo DiCaprio
Robert Di Nero
Jack Nicholson

Women
Ellen Page
Scarlett Johansson
Uma Thurman

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 08:28:05 PM »
I'd like to add Tom Wilkinson.   The man can act.
He's good, but I swear he always plays the same character. :lol

Now I need to see a bunch of his films again.  Damn you Rich!!  Not that it's a bad thing. :biggrin:
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »
Humphrey Bogart.

Offline RandalGraves

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2011, 01:24:44 AM »
Tom Cruise
Kate Winslet

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 02:27:13 AM »
I really dont know a lot of actors / actresses... usually it takes me several watches of something to realize that Character A in movie 1 and Character B in movie 2 are the same person...

But after watching a bunch of Kevin Smith movies... I have to say, Ben Afflack is cool...

fuck spelling.
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2011, 02:31:26 AM »
*waits for jay8v to post hot pic of natalie portman*

scarlett johansson *sp?* hotness for the win.

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Online chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2011, 08:12:48 AM »
They look really weird in that picture....

Why all the Winslet love? I don't think I've seen a movie with her in it in years.

Offline 5

• Serial thread killer
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 10:09:29 PM »
PATRICK FUCKING STEWART

Apart from that, Harrison Ford, Gary Oldman, Ellen Page, Sigourney Weaver. Also, I have an unhealthy Olivia Wilde fascination.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 10:17:04 PM »
2 actors I don't understand.
Nicolas Cage and Antonio Banderas.
Nic Cage was a gold Hollywood boy for about a window of 2 years in the late 90's, I certainly thought after Face/Off that he was gonna be the De Niro of his generation. then he disappeared and reappeared periodically in very bad movies.
Antonio Banderas established "sexy as fuck" status and became counted among Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. (off topic: I think Brad Pitt is actually the only one of that bunch that remained amazing career-wise and even grew creatively).
Then Banderas disappeared, I can date it specifically to the movie Too Much and his marriage to whatshername. His co-star in that movie, which was actually a funny movie but then he disappeared and reappeared periodically in very bad movies. (Yeah I pasted that line from my above paragraph cause it feels like the same weird thing that happened with Nic Cage).
Or I have no idea what I'm talking about as it's been a real long time since I was last a movie buff.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Nighthawkwill7

• Purveyor of All Things Laser-Guided
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2011, 10:19:02 PM »
*waits for jay8v to post hot pic of natalie portman*

scarlett johansson *sp?* hotness for the win.

When I first read the caption in the upper left hand corner, I thought it said Sex Features and I thought to myself, Indeed  :hat

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »
I don't know about Banderas, metty, but Cage simply seems to consistently pick bad movies to be in.  Following his Oscar win for Leaving Las Vegas (which many would say was undeserved), his stock went through the roof and he became a whore who would do any and all movies.  Plus, even though I like movies like The Rock and Face/off a lot (cheesy as they are), he seemed to fall into some bad acting habits doing so many of those action movies in a row, and some of them are prevalent in like every movie he does now.  He doesn't have the ability anymore to play a character without you thinking, "This is Nic Cage trying to act again."  He can't lose himself and "become" the role he is playing, so to speak, like so many of the greats can.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2011, 10:54:13 PM »
He doesn't have the ability anymore to play a character without you thinking, "This is Nic Cage trying to act again."  He can't lose himself and "become" the role he is playing, so to speak, like so many of the greats can.

It really is that. what a shitty place to be. A rare occasion where you really feel that whatever you're doing in life in not any worse than Nic Cage.
A mix of funny and sad there.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2011, 04:16:10 AM »
Men

Kevin Spacey, Edward Norton

Women

Charlize Therion
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2011, 04:52:29 AM »
PATRICK FUCKING STEWART

this so much

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 05:01:34 AM »
Brendan Gleeson

Braveheart
Gangs of New York
Harry Potter Series
In Bruges
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Kosmo

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2011, 05:56:22 AM »
Bill Murray

That is all.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »
Oh....I nearly forgot..(how could I?)  Gary Oldman...........very underrated actor.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:23:05 PM by TempusVox »
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 10:14:30 PM »
Oh....I nearly forgot..(how could I?)  Gary Oldham...........very underrated actor.

It's amazing how many people have told me that they had no idea he was british.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 10:22:23 PM »
Oh....I nearly forgot..(how could I?)  Gary Oldman...........very underrated actor.

It's amazing how many people have told me that they had no idea he was british.

One of the greatest actors of his generation. Everything from Sid and Nancy, Dracula, and Immortal Beloved; to his role as Mason Verger in Hannibal, Sirius Black in HP; and his role in the Dark Knight films. Excellent actor.  
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Pyroph

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »
Guy Pearce

Offline D_Halco

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2011, 02:30:21 AM »
Guy Pearce

That guy is great! He was excellent in Memento. He really should be more well-known than he is. It seems like he disappears for awhile, then reappears periodically as a supporting character in a critically acclaimed movie (The Road, The King's Speech).

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2011, 03:00:37 AM »
It's really hard to pick just one or two, but here are a couple that I really like.

*Leonardo DiCaprio (specifically his newer movies like Inception, Shutter Island and The Departed)
*Christian Bale (I really like him in all the movies I've seen him in, he really knows how to play different roles)
*Keanu Reeves (I know I'll probably be one of the few, but I really like most of his movies. I'm not saying that it's him "acting good", it's more his whole style that I like)
*Edward Norton (He's really one of those actors who I feel manages to make an impact on a movie with his performance. American History X, Fight Club and The Italian Job just to name a few of his movies that I really like)
*Guy Pearce (for Memento alone really, his performance in that movie is brilliant)
*Simon Pegg & Nick Frost (for their brilliant performances in Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. Paul was a huge disappointment, but seeing as Edgar Wright didn't direct that one, it was kinda expected. Have not watched Spaced yet, but it's on my list)
*Richard Coyle (Okay so I've only seen him in Coupling, but his performance as Jeff is one of the most brilliant I've come across in a sitcom. If you haven't seen Coupling - DO EET.)
*Brad Pitt (I didn't like him for a while, but when I managed to see Inglorious Basterds, Fight Club and Se7en within a few weeks, I got a whole new respect for him. Those 3 movies are just brilliant, but I kinda find a lot of his other work to be hit or miss)

When it comes to actress, I'll go with these:

*Natalie Portman (Not only is she quite possibly the hottest woman on earth, but she is also a fantastic actress. Her performance in Black Swan was IMO her best in a movie that I've seen, but she has always been good in the movies I've seen with her)
*Sigourney Weaver (Mostly for the Alien-movies. She's really a great main-character in those movies, and being a huge fan of that franchise, it's hard to not like her. Solid in other movies as well)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:28:45 AM by Zantera »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2011, 05:34:12 AM »
Nathalie Portman is probably a very hot woman but her name can be easily confused with Natalie Portman who's a complete dumpster fire.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2011, 06:29:03 AM »
Bah, my bad.