Poll

Is your ideal "Falling into Infinity" your favorite DT album?

Yes
11 (15.5%)
No
60 (84.5%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Is your ideal "Falling into Infinity" your favorite DT album?  (Read 3192 times)

Offline ubit

Re: Is your ideal "Falling into Infinity" your favorite DT album?
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »
This version of FII would place it 11th on my list.  I'm going to go out on a limb and guarantee I'll like ADTOE more.

The OP doesn't intend for you to use his specific FII tracklisting. There have been threads around before that asked people what their "ideal" tracklisting for the album would be, allowing them to exclude songs they didn't like and/or replace songs with some of the B-sides from the writing sessions.

My mistake.

I'll rethink this over now...

There is no version of FII that could place higher than 10th for me.  I'm not sure why I said 11th on my earlier post, I meant 10th there too.  My listing will likely always be:

10. FII
11. WDADU

Well... until they make a 12th album, that is.  Then they will each fall down one peg.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." 
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Offline Sketchy

• DTF.org Member
  • More tea is required.
Re: Is your ideal "Falling into Infinity" your favorite DT album?
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2011, 11:37:18 AM »
No. SFAM is just my favourite, as a result of just the way it flows. FII is one of my favourite DT albums. I do think it has a lot of their best songs some by a country mile (Trial Of Tears is just heavenly. The bassline on that is one of Myung's best and the feeling to that track comes in spades. Oh, and Sherinian's two solos, oh, and the ending section... I could wax lyrical for days on this song, and Peruvian Skies and Lines In The Sand are amazing too), and while some of the demo versions of songs, I personally think are better than the album versions (You Or Me, Take Away My Pain), the album itself is fantastic and mostly flawless. However, as an album, SFAM is, to me, better, and I don't think "my perfect" version of FII would top it... However, the original comes close.
This is as exciting as superluminal neutrinos. The sexy thing is that this actually exists :D