Author Topic: What's on your pedalboard?...besides pedals  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Kornflake

What's on your pedalboard?...besides pedals
« on: June 11, 2011, 09:02:03 PM »
I saw a photo a while back of JP's pedalboard (I think it was JP's) and he had an easy button on it.  I have an empty space on mine where I put a hockey puck of my favourite team.  Do any of you guys/girls have anything on your pedalboard that serves no practical purpose other than to show some originality?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: What's on your pedalboard?...besides pedals
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
My midi pedalboard has a button assigned to complete and total silence - all preamp settings at zero.  I can use my in-path tuner without anybody hearing me tune.  Cannot tell you how many times I've listened to people tune where they could be heard, sometimes at full volume.  It makes me very irritable when people do that.  Also, this way, there's no possibility of noise from my system when I switch to a different instrument for a song or two.  May not be necessarily original, but I don't personally know anyone else who does it.

Offline Kornflake

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:48:43 PM »
That always bothers me too Sir GuitarCozmo.  I have a Line 6 M13 pedal that has a tuner function on it, and when you set it to tuner mode (which is easily done by holding down the tap-tempo switch) it mutes everything automatically.  I think you can turn the mute function off, but I don't know why anyone ever would.  Hearing someone tuning in the middle of a show is one of the most annoying things to hear a band do....surpassed in annoyingness only by "Now we're going to do a Nickleback cover" lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 06:07:31 AM »
Indeed.  That's the other good thing about it.  The tuner is built into an old Zoom Dual Modulator pedal that I rarely actually use anymore, aside from it having a tuner I can put in my signal path.  This way, mid song, I can hit the mute patch and tune during the song, without a sound, if I need to.

But yeah, "Here's a Nickelback tune" would pretty much make me get all stabby and such.  Ugh.

Offline MetropolisxPt1

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
The Grateful Dead tuned on stage for everyone to hear so I shall do the same :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 08:19:55 AM »
That's probably one reason why there are bumper stickers that say "I'll be grateful when they're dead."