Author Topic: Words you'd like to see retired  (Read 22017 times)

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Words you'd like to see retired
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2011, 02:45:05 AM »
"lockout"
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2011, 12:40:44 PM »
haha u guys are so butthurt

Speaking of "Butthurt," that's one of the words that should go away.  I don't even get what it's supposed to mean.

You seriously don't know what it means? Okay I'll be gullible enough to take you seriously and divulge my take on it. I may be slightly off but I think it basically refers to overreacting to something seemingly minor to an extent on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Oh no, I get that.  But why "butthurt" specifically.  What's sorta the logic behind it?  "Oh, you can't take a joke man, stop acting like you were just fucked in the ass."  Is that it?

The other thing is that everytime someone says butthurt they seem so proud of themselves for using the word.  It's like the height of douchedom.

I'm with ya on that 110%. They wanna complain about someone else complaining. Ironic, eh?

"lockout"

*sigh* You aren't fucking kidding. I miss being able to watch sports programming and actually enjoy it.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2011, 06:06:19 PM »
I think butthurt firstly/mainly implies you were "kicked in the arse", figuratively, not raped there.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2011, 06:07:25 PM »
I think butthurt firstly/mainly implies you were "kicked in the arse", figuratively, not raped there.

How so?
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2011, 10:01:26 PM »
Other things that need to die;

#winning #tigersblood    that charlie sheen crap

as well as

"ABC is bad"  "Your face is bad"

'Your face is...' as a comeback is witless and irritating. perhaps a pet-peeve, but I'm sure there are others who will agree
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2011, 10:21:54 PM »
Your face is witless and irritating.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »
I'd like to also say in addition to words I'd like to see retired I'd also love to see more than three posts go by without the obligatory unfunny sarcastic quip where people intentionally use the words that were just nominated for retiring.

It was cute the first time or two but nothing more than spam after that. No offense to anyone who may have made the kind of post I just described but it's redundant to the point of annoyance now.
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »
Your face is redundant to the point of annoyance now.

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
Your face is.... :(

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2011, 12:21:15 AM »
'Your face is...' as a comeback is witless and irritating. perhaps a pet-peeve, but I'm sure there are others who will agree

I use "your face" and "your mom" as comebacks all the time, but only when I know the resulting comeback will be highly inappropriate, so I can act like I suddenly realized it halfway through and backpedal badly to great comedic effect.

It's dumb, but it gets a laugh at work and tends to keep people in a decent mood.  I find that your face and your mom suit my purposes perfe--OH GOD THAT SOUNDS WRONG.  I DIDN'T MEAN IT, I SWEAR.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »

How so?

I always thought it was kind of equivalent to saying a person has a "stick up their ass" or something similar. That's used to imply that a person is complaining about something or being offended because he is in a bad mood or just overly sensitive. It's meant to belittle any animosity one has towards a subject.

Also kind of similar to "haters gonna hate".