Author Topic: New Album Title (A Dramatic Turn of Events) and Track Listing Revealed  (Read 482981 times)

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
Build me up,
Break me down before you go-go.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
I am going to remind everyone to keep any criticisms they might have to be constructive and respectful.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline TJPNET

I like the album title, though I hope I'm not the only one.

Offline dongringo

I don't understand everyone's beef with the album title. I think it's a great title and extremely fitting given all the dramatic events of the last 9 months, whether or not it has anything to do with them or not, this title just makes sense. The song titles are also intriguing. This is going to be a great one, no doubt.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
I like the album title, though I hope I'm not the only one.

I would probably like the album title more if it didn't seem to relate so closely to current events. I had hoped that the transition into this new phase would be natural, but with this title it would seem that the album isn't even out and already it's referencing something many of us would like to put in the past.
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com

Offline Aniland

Anyone else think "Lost Not Forgotten" is about Mike?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
This seems more like a JP or JLB solo album list of song titles and album title, sort of.

This is good.

Anyone else think "Lost Not Forgotten" is about Mike?

Yeah, that was my first thought.

Offline Metropolis Pt. II

• DT.net Member
  • Let's roll!
I'm not a huge fan of the album title, but I LOVE the tracklisting. Awesome titles.  :tup

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:30:37 PM by emindead »

Offline Aniland

I also get the feeling it will be the single. I just really hope it isn't too blatant... if the word "Mike" is in any of the songs, I will be... oh man... xD

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
I'm indifferent. It's a definite change that's for sure.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
For me, Black Clouds and Silver Linings was a really beautiful and interesting title, and that's probably part of the reason why this one irks me.  Thought-provoking and beautiful to... a cliched phrase found in hundreds of novels?  Eh.  

But On The Backs of Angels sounds like an awesome song.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
I think he's been hacked.
I hope he's been hacked.

Just seems a little fish-like that there would be a post about a rumour from a foreign website then a disgustingly formatted tweet.  I hope its a hack because its the dumbest name.

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
The song titles are more mysterious than the ones on BCSL, which is a good thing I think. They seem more inspiring than A Rite Of Passage or The Count Of Tuscany.
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
names dont bother me. DT NEWS IS DT NEWS  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

refer to my dealwithit JP on page 1 to cure your butthurt

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
I actually prefer these names by a whole lot to BC&SL and SC names.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Aniland

C'mon guys, why would somebody hack JP just to post a fake album name? Not worth anyone's risk or amusement.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
The thing that worries me the most about the title is the fact that it makes me fear that they are going to allude to Portnoy's departure in a very cheesy way.  In fact, many of the track titles suggest that as well.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
Pretty odd title, but I refuse to judge albums based on titles.

Also, someone earlier mentioned that because there's 9 tracks instead of 12, the "full circle" theory is gone, but you guys are forgetting that while SFAM had 12 tracks, it had 9 scenes.

WHAT NOW?!
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Uhh Jr's fanpage and personal page have both also mentioned this, so this is definitely official.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
I hope he's been hacked.

Just seems a little fish-like that there would be a post about a rumour from a foreign website then a disgustingly formatted tweet.  I hope its a hack because its the dumbest name.

Like others have said, his tweets are usually pretty badly formatted.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me

Also, someone earlier mentioned that because there's 9 tracks instead of 12, the "full circle" theory is gone, but you guys are forgetting that while SFAM had 12 tracks, it had 9 scenes.

WHAT NOW?!

Where is your God now?
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT

WHAT NOW?!

That was me and you SHATTERED MY FORTRESS

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
I hope he's been hacked.

And we have our first warning.

names dont bother me. DT NEWS IS DT NEWS  YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

refer to my dealwithit JP on page 1 to cure your butthurt

And that last part was unneeded, let's try and play nice.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
Not buying this.

(probably wasn't going to anyway)
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
Not buying this.

(probably wasn't going to anyway)

You're a nub.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Aniland

The "Deal with it" picture was old within the first few seconds of seeing it. Please stop posting it because it's just kinda rude.

Offline ddtonfire

I don't mind the album title, but must they be so literal?

Offline Scooterfruit

Very excited. There are objectively many many stupid song titles when taken out of context. Under a Glass Moon? sounds SO dumb but we all know it's a fantastic fantastic song. Queen released "A Night at the Opera" Out of context, that is weird and strange sounding.

So before we jump to conclusions, let's just remember we have no context.

All that being said, I'm super excited for this. My only complaint is that the album title is a bit of a mouthful. But that's me being picky.

Can't wait!!

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
^Nice post, and welcome!

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
The "Deal with it" picture was old within the first few seconds of seeing it. Please stop posting it because it's just kinda rude.

hahahaha

anyway, for some reason the titles remind me of a 2000's era rush album

Offline Aniland

Mouthful? Uh, SIX DEGREES OF INNER TURBULENCE? WHEN DREAM AND DAY UNITE? BLACK CLOUDS AND SILVER LININGS?

:P

So uh, guys, do you think the shows will be labeled "A Dramatic Tour of Events"?

Offline Aniland

Reminds me of Fate's Warning. I don't even really listen to Fate's Warning.

Online The Letter M

I'm also indifferent to the album title, but it's not TOO far off from what I'd expect a DT album title to be. It's long, it's wordy, it's got a preposition (Into, From, Of, Of, as prior examples/uses). I think ADTOE will grow on me. Of course, we'll have people abbreviating it a NUMBER of ways - ADTOE (my preference), DTOE, and DTE (for those who take out articles and prepositions altogether).

Anyway, the song titles look very interesting and promising, for the most part. I remember how so many people were hyped up for the SC and BC&SL track titles and then they were disappointed by the lack of truly epic metal music to back up truly epic metal track titles.

I think these titles are a good mix, and aren't very same-y, as was the case with the SC/BC&SL ("A _____ To/Of ______" and "(In) The ______ Of _______"). I like them and I think the songs will truly reflect their titles, or vice versa.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline dongringo

Very excited. There are objectively many many stupid song titles when taken out of context. Under a Glass Moon? sounds SO dumb but we all know it's a fantastic fantastic song. Queen released "A Night at the Opera" Out of context, that is weird and strange sounding.

So before we jump to conclusions, let's just remember we have no context.

All that being said, I'm super excited for this. My only complaint is that the album title is a bit of a mouthful. But that's me being picky.

Can't wait!!

Black Clouds and Silver Linings was more of a mouthful, but nice post nonetheless and Welcome!
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )