Poll

Is the media liberal? Yes or no?

Yes
16 (43.2%)
No
21 (56.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Is the media liberal?  (Read 29888 times)

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Re: Is the media liberal?
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2011, 01:09:27 PM »
You know, I have to say, I agree with EPICVIEW in that the media made Obama.  No one knew who Obama was before the election unless you lived in Illinois.  He wasn't on anyone's radar.  Then he runs for president and the media grabbed hold of him.  It became this larger than life black man vs white woman in the Democratic primaries.  It was all about that.  The media latched onto hillary and obama and that is why they made it.  The media could have latched on to the other candidates instead, and one of them would now be president.

The whole thing was a media fest.  "Obama the rock star!!" was practically every headline back then.  It was ridiculous how in love the media was with Obama.

Thats why the media proclaimed Hillary Clinton the democratic nominee two years before the election....

C'mon, it was only 3 years ago. Let's not forget history so quickly.

who is George Soros? This is spot on subject

What does that have to do with anything you quoted?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2011, 01:10:41 PM »
Im bored..^^^

who funded Obama against Hillary?

answer: Soros

again..Im spot on subject
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2011, 01:10:57 PM »
I remember that. But they only started focusing on him AFTER he became a true contender. I remember most of the spotlight being on John Edwards and Hillary Clinton in the beginning.

The whole rockstar thing was nonsense, I agree. But I don't think it made up a large portion of his media coverage

What did make up a large portion of media coverage? Was it talk of Obama's wealth of experience that made him the top candidate to be president?
Why was Obama so bullet proof? Why didn't the media knock him at all? Why did they never question his amount of experience?
I challenged you all several times to find just one clip of the media ripping Obama for anything at all.(besides Fox.)
I'm still waiting patiently for that. Its gonna be awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4FIa1kaGto
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2011, 01:14:40 PM »
I remember that. But they only started focusing on him AFTER he became a true contender. I remember most of the spotlight being on John Edwards and Hillary Clinton in the beginning.

The whole rockstar thing was nonsense, I agree. But I don't think it made up a large portion of his media coverage

What did make up a large portion of media coverage? Was it talk of Obama's wealth of experience that made him the top candidate to be president?
Why was Obama so bullet proof? Why didn't the media knock him at all? Why did they never question his amount of experience?
I challenged you all several times to find just one clip of the media ripping Obama for anything at all.(besides Fox.)

How can you just ignore fox, when fox is over 50% of the media? I remember a LOT of talk about Obama's lack of experience.

Btw, I'd like to see one clip from Fox that attacks any republican, ever.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2011, 01:15:11 PM »
You know, I have to say, I agree with EPICVIEW in that the media made Obama.  No one knew who Obama was before the election unless you lived in Illinois.  He wasn't on anyone's radar.  Then he runs for president and the media grabbed hold of him.  It became this larger than life black man vs white woman in the Democratic primaries.  It was all about that.  The media latched onto hillary and obama and that is why they made it.  The media could have latched on to the other candidates instead, and one of them would now be president.

The whole thing was a media fest.  "Obama the rock star!!" was practically every headline back then.  It was ridiculous how in love the media was with Obama.

Thats why the media proclaimed Hillary Clinton the democratic nominee two years before the election....

]

What are you talking about?  Who cares when Hillary Clinton was announced?  I just said Obama was under the radar, but then once the whole white woman vs black man card was played, the media ran with it and turned it into this huge drama.  
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »

comedy..thats a slam? really?
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »

]

What are you talking about?  Who cares when Hillary Clinton was announced?  I just said Obama was under the radar, but then once the whole white woman vs black man card was played, the media ran with it and turned it into this huge drama.  

Hillary was the proclaimed front runner for a long time, it wasn't until Obama actually won that the media turned to him. Thats how the events unfolded, so anything else you say is basically you rewriting history.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »

]

Hillary was the proclaimed front runner for a long time, it wasn't until Obama actually won that the media turned to him. Thats how the events unfolded, so anything else you say is basically you rewriting history.

Until Obama won what?
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2011, 01:34:25 PM »
The Primary.

My post earlier was meant to say that Obama got attention when it became him/Hillary in the primary

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »
The Primary.

My post earlier was meant to say that Obama got attention when it became him/Hillary in the primary

No Obama was getting a lot of media attention just during the debate phase.  Before the election even happened.  The other candidates hardly got any time to speak.  All the time was given to Hillary and Obama.  They were the only ones the media talked about during the entire primary campaign leading up to the election.  Saying Obama got no attention until he won the primary is really wrong.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2011, 01:51:15 PM »
The Primary.

No Obama was getting a lot of media attention just during the debate phase.  Before the election even happened.  The other candidates hardly got any time to speak.  All the time was given to Hillary and Obama.  They were the only ones the media talked about during the entire primary campaign leading up to the election.  Saying Obama got no attention until he won the primary is really wrong.

This X 10000
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:02:55 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2011, 01:55:46 PM »
The Primary.

No Obama was getting a lot of media attention just during the debate phase.  Before the election even happened.  The other candidates hardly got any time to speak.  All the time was given to Hillary and Obama.  They were the only ones the media talked about during the entire primary campaign leading up to the election.  Saying Obama got no attention until he won the primary is really wrong.

The first Woman with a real chance of becoming President, and wife of a former President....and the first Black Man with a real chance at becoming President.
One would think that these reasons alone were sufficient for the media frenzy....not some sense of bias or string pulling.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #187 on: June 14, 2011, 01:56:06 PM »
I seem to recall Obama being touted as the rising star in the Democratic party, and then getting lots of coverage.  I don't think it was the media that started it.  The same thing's happened to Republicans, as well.  Remember when that guy from Louisiana was supposed to be the next GOP star, before his terrible showing in the SotU rebuttal?  Both parties produce up and comers, and the media follows that.  I don't think it's the other way around.  For that matter, Palin probably falls into that category as well.  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2011, 02:20:28 PM »
I seem to recall Obama being touted as the rising star in the Democratic party, and then getting lots of coverage.  I don't think it was the media that started it.  The same thing's happened to Republicans, as well.  Remember when that guy from Louisiana was supposed to be the next GOP star, before his terrible showing in the SotU rebuttal?  Both parties produce up and comers, and the media follows that.  I don't think it's the other way around.  For that matter, Palin probably falls into that category as well.  

Exactly.  My whole point is that the media basically chooses our next president.  To the extent that the media HEAVILY influences the last 2 standing candidates.  If the media chose not to focus on the whole white woman vs black man thing, and focused on the other candidates because maybe one of them had some story going on, it would have been a different ball game.  That whole election was completely dominated by the media.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2011, 02:35:09 PM »

Nice try and a valiant effort, except for the fact I asked for a clip of him being criticized during the campaign. It was easy for old liberal Jack to throw a soft criticism at Obama after he was elected. Mission was already accomplished. How clever of him.
Show me one of Jack Cafferty or anyone else slamming Obama just once during the campaign. Good luck with that one.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2011, 02:40:42 PM »

How can you just ignore fox, when fox is over 50% of the media? I remember a LOT of talk about Obama's lack of experience.

Well, here ya go, Scheavo....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ORc6WAL3o

Your turn now. :tick2:

tick...tick...tick..........

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2011, 02:45:42 PM »
The problem, Tick, is that the "slamming" people doesn't really occur.  CNN never called Bush or Palin an idiot and FOX never called Obama a Muslim or a racist.  CNN might well slant their coverage to portray them as such, just like FOX might harp on the birth certificate thing, but I wouldn't consider either one to be outright hostility.  And to the extent that CNN might have drawn considerable attention to Palin's feeble-mindedness, they also spent quite a bit of time on Jeremiah Wright.  You want people to demonstrate something which would be overly simplistic.  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2011, 02:54:22 PM »
I dont think I can be much more clear:

" the media is Liberal, its more in what they DONT REPORT"..

again.. most logical thinking humans believe Obamas campaigning for his Uncle Odinga in Kenya is a vaild issue, Odinga is a Muslim , who supports Sharia law, Obama went arm in arm with him campaigning for him, as violence and murder was conducted against the Christians"... this is a FACT. as Obama sat in Wrights Church for 20 years...the list of Obama radical associations was " not an issue" ..but Palin somehow was portrayed as " her baby is not hers, shes an idiot, she says "Golly Gee" and correctly she said as a metaphor she can see Russia, and she didnt take Courics bait on "Newspapers" ( a bait question to see if she reads Liberal or conservative papers)

Id think Odinga is a PARAMOUNT and valid news story....but did anyone even hear it? no.. we couldnt even say Obamas middle name.. that was "offensive" this story still wont be brought up. it would have destroyed Obama's chances.. not one news source but Fox touched on it... you can tahnk George Soros for that story not making it out..

now I want people to tell me where they saw the story on Odinga?  and why didnt they hear about it?
but somehow Palin ( who only came in as a VP nominee late) was scrutinized every day, and fake stories on McCains "affair" were on the front page of some Newspapers.

anybody?

crickets ...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:09:59 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »
The problem, Tick, is that the "slamming" people doesn't really occur.  CNN never called Bush or Palin an idiot and FOX never called Obama a Muslim or a racist.  CNN might well slant their coverage to portray them as such, just like FOX might harp on the birth certificate thing, but I wouldn't consider either one to be outright hostility.  And to the extent that CNN might have drawn considerable attention to Palin's feeble-mindedness, they also spent quite a bit of time on Jeremiah Wright.  You want people to demonstrate something which would be overly simplistic.  
Wow, Barto, that is weak. Playing the everyone is above it all card, besides Fox. That's a complete crock.
Networks like MSNBC and there people like Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann are some of the biggest douches on the planet and are extremely rude and classless when they talk about Palin. But that's ok though, because she deserves it.
Its only Obama that received the get out of jail free card for any and everything during the 08 campaign. Surely they could have challenged him in some manner and found something to criticize about him?
He must have been perfect because he received the royal treatment throughout the entire 08 campaign.
Prove me wrong? You can't.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »
https://www.tressugar.com/What-Sarah-Palins-Ties-Alaska-Independence-Party-2337497

But the McCain/Palin ticket has dubious associations of its own. One example: Palin's connection to the separatist Alaskan Independence Party, founded by Joe Volgar who died buying explosives and said while alive: "The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government." Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwkb9_zB2Pg

There, look at those connection she has. Ridiculous? Yes, and just as ridiculous as Obama's. Her's didn't get reported, because she's not a black man. Yes, I said it, race had a big part to do with the outrage, and the un American cries laid against Obama. Reverend Wright especially - the calls of him being a racist are as racist as Reverend Wright could be.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2011, 03:00:32 PM »

Well, here ya go, Scheavo....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ORc6WAL3o

Your turn now. :tick2:

tick...tick...tick..........

Ya, that was a little bit of an overreach by my part, and I could easily find comments made against Obama. Not during his electino, but look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G0dIKy3d2s

He also attacked his position on wiretapping, and Guantanamo. That's KEITH OLBERMANN.

Thad Chochran who? Let's look at foxes coverage of McCain or Palin.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2011, 03:01:46 PM »
https://www.tressugar.com/What-Sarah-Palins-Ties-Alaska-Independence-Party-2337497

But the McCain/Palin ticket has dubious associations of its own. One example: Palin's connection to the separatist Alaskan Independence Party, founded by Joe Volgar who died buying explosives and said while alive: "The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government." Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwkb9_zB2Pg

There, look at those connection she has. Ridiculous? Yes, and just as ridiculous as Obama's. Her's didn't get reported, because she's not a black man. Yes, I said it, race had a big part to do with the outrage, and the un American cries laid against Obama. Reverend Wright especially - the calls of him being a racist are as racist as Reverend Wright could be.

Bwaahahhhh..... youre joking right.??

You blew off my Odinga Facts

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »
Did you read what I said? They're ludicrous connections, but they're connections as firm as anything on Obama.

Plus, you didn't provide any links or any proof to what you say, so why should I accept it?

https://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/kenya.asp

Odinga facts? Unlikely.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »
Wow, Barto, that is weak. Playing the everyone is above it all card, besides Fox. That's a complete crock.
Networks like MSNBC and there people like Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann are some of the biggest douches on the planet and are extremely rude and classless when they talk about Palin. But that's ok though, because she deserves it.
Its only Obama that received the get out of jail free card for any and everything during the 08 campaign. Surely they could have challenged him in some manner and found something to criticize about him?
He must have been perfect because he received the royal treatment throughout the entire 08 campaign.
First off, I never differentiated between FOX and the other networks.  I said they both report roughly the same way.  Second, are we talking about pundits or newscasters?  And if we're talking about pundits, how are you going to differentiate between Matthews and Olbermann and O'Reilly?  Anyhoo, a search for Olberman criticizes Obama turns up plenty of hits, as does the same search for Matthews.  I'd be willing to bet that there'd probably be hits for O'Reilly complimenting Obama as well.  

Like I've said all along, you've got plenty of biases on both sides of the equation, and in the end it stays pretty equal.  
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2011, 03:15:32 PM »
Did you read what I said? They're ludicrous connections, but they're connections as firm as anything on Obama.

Plus, you didn't provide any links or any proof to what you say, so why should I accept it?

Odinga facts? Unlikely.

You should be well versed on the facts of Odinga.. its true.. go look it up..Unlikely? sorry..its true.. nice try..make sure you watch the yout tubes of them together..nothing debatable here.
https://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77508
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6eVVVKFHu0

now why wasnt this BIG news?.... I know why
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:21:31 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2011, 04:12:50 PM »
Yeah, sure.  There's nothing debatable about Youtube and WorldNetDaily.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #201 on: June 14, 2011, 04:40:11 PM »
First off, I never differentiated between FOX and the other networks.  I said they both report roughly the same way.  Second, are we talking about pundits or newscasters?  And if we're talking about pundits, how are you going to differentiate between Matthews and Olbermann and O'Reilly?  Anyhoo, a search for Olberman criticizes Obama turns up plenty of hits, as does the same search for Matthews.  I'd be willing to bet that there'd probably be hits for O'Reilly complimenting Obama as well.  

Like I've said all along, you've got plenty of biases on both sides of the equation, and in the end it stays pretty equal.  
You don't think Bill O'Reilly isn't more fair then Keith Olbermann? I sure think he is.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #202 on: June 14, 2011, 05:04:23 PM »
Yeah, sure.  There's nothing debatable about Youtube and WorldNetDaily.

Oh mother of sweet irony.... thats my point. The mainstream media for the most part never even touched thise valid story..and trust me, its valid..

did you watch the youtube? if I grabbed the right one its airtight..but if you are wanting any sort of validatiing of this, trust I am correct, and will back it up all day

thank you for making my point

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #203 on: June 14, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »
I think you should look up the word "doublethink."
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #204 on: June 14, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »

Odinga facts? Unlikely.

You should be well versed on the facts of Odinga.. its true.. go look it up..Unlikely? sorry..its true.. nice try..make sure you watch the yout tubes of them together..nothing debatable here.
https://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=77508
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6eVVVKFHu0

now why wasnt this BIG news?.... I know why

Because the association being made, and the accusation that this somehow makes Obama culpable, is completely unfounded and false. That's why.

Oh my god, he hugged Odinga? Well that's a downright admission right there! Forget Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam Hussein, or Reagan entertaining numerous African head's of states which commited atrocities; while we're at it forget every President since like ever holding hands with Arab heads of states. I noticed something in that video: pretty much all the sound is cut off, even though Obama is speaking. Ronald Reagan propped up Osama bin Laden. Reagan propped up Saddam Hussein, and he also helped the Sha of Iran. The speech at the end of the video is almost a contradiction to what you're saying. He says there a lot that needs to be done in Kenya, and that it has a long ways to go. He says it needs a government free of corruption - and that in Kenya this problem is a crisis. Seriously.

He made a visit to his state country, and toured with the important political figures. That hardly constitutes support for what Odinga has done since then.

And any comments tick? You've ignored my posts with what I was talking about, and 'bout Olbermann ripping into Obama.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #205 on: June 14, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »
^^

Scheavo,,,, You can keep spinning but it is what it is..its his Uncle, he went to campaign with him, for him..and Obama just sent him 2 million of our dollars.

if you doubt me let me know..

The point being can you imagine in your words " Palin went to Kenya to campaign for her Muslim Uncle, against the Christians"...

I think it would make the news EVERY MINUTE, NON STOP... The New York Times would print it 24/7 on the front page.

obviously you never heard of this Uncle Odinga... correct?

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #206 on: June 14, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »
HOLY FUCK.

It did not happen.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2011, 05:23:54 PM »
HOLY FUCK.

It did not happen.

what didnt?

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2011, 05:24:36 PM »
Hey epicview, remember what I told you about arguing and backing up your positions?

Start doing that. It looks like you're trying to bait everyone arguing against you, and you can stop it by forming coherent and well thought responses

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #209 on: June 14, 2011, 05:28:30 PM »
The point being can you imagine in your words " Palin went to Kenya to campaign for her Muslim Uncle, against the Christians"...

I think it would make the news EVERY MINUTE, NON STOP... The New York Times would print it 24/7 on the front page.

And so why doesn't the media do that for Obama? What does the media have to gain by perpetuating this lie? Because he's a democrat? That's fucking stupid. There's plenty of other democrats they could support, and they could distance themselves from Obama. Hillary Clinton had the media claiming she was the front runner, why'd they change to Obama? Really, just ask yourself some simple questions, like why they have anything to gain, why they would do it, and why they wouldn't jump all over this story if it were true.

Do you have any other source then WND and Corsi - whose been known to have flat out lies and distortions in everything he prints?

Unless the next response is drastically different, I'm gonna opt out of discussions with you. It's clear from my short time back that it could only drag down the board, and it'll lead nowhere. I'll let you enjoy your conspiracy theories.