Poll

Is the media liberal? Yes or no?

Yes
16 (43.2%)
No
21 (56.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Is the media liberal?  (Read 29887 times)

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Re: Is the media liberal?
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2011, 08:45:19 PM »
GET BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE

THANK YOU

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2011, 08:51:05 PM »
I think to anyone that is truly non-partisan and basically un-biased, it is clear that there is no general bias across the media as a whole one way or the other.  You have differing outlets leaning in both directions, with varying degrees.
It does appear that when one is so emotionally invested in one political party, one will see bias everywhere.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »

Obama hates whitey. It's so fucking obvious it's not even funny anymore. Wright is a piece of shit and so is ANYONE that attends his "church."

Oh lawd

Offline j

« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2011, 10:11:50 PM »
People have a really, really strange way of ignoring/forgetting that Obama is of mixed race, and is  just as white as he is black.

Funny how that works.  People try to invoke "race" as some all-encompassing attribute that involves culture and background, when in reality, all they care about is what they see.  Racism has really come a long way in disguising itself.

Anyway, this thread needs to be purged from existence.  Christ.

-J

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2011, 11:06:17 PM »
GET BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE

THANK YOU

I think talking about how the media treated candidates is a fair discussion on whether or not the media is liberal. A case study, if you will.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2011, 05:57:42 AM »
Since all the stuff against Obama is just crap can someone tell me why none of his question associations like Ayers and the racist pastor, Rev, Wright are without any valor?

What would the media do to Sarah Palin if Wright had been her pastor for 20 years?

Can I get some honestly in response?

Sarah Palin has some sketchy religious associations. You don't know about them because the mainstream media doesn't cover it. Wasn't quite the same as with Obama, and the comlete denigration of Rev Wright is absurd. For starters, the video that played over and over about "the chicken's coming home to roost," is a very fucking accurate and true remark about 9/11. Ron Paul pretty much says the same thing, but since he's not a black person, it's acceptable.

As for Ayers, McCain had just as a disreputable associations with people, but once again, it got mostly passed over.
blah blah blah.
Wright is a racist. Tell me about the racist Palin sat under?
I'm waiting.

Wow. I'm done talking with you, ever. You don't even want to try and listen to other people, or have an actual discussion.

Never said Palin sat under a racist, way to read.
Seriously?
Are you really saying I don't add anything to the discussions I take part in?
Tell me about Palins religious skeletons. I'm listening?
Your not willing to concede anything is shady about Obama. That makes it hard to have an intelligent discussion.

I asked a few posts back for someone to post just one link showing the mainstream media ripping Obama for a single thing during the 08 campaign. All I can say is I'm still waiting, and good luck with that.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2011, 06:09:30 AM »
Fox isn't part of the mainstream media?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2011, 06:31:23 AM »
I had said in my post, any news source besides obviously, Fox news.
Now that were clear, are you up for that challenge?
I would really love to see one single link. Just one.
I have the feeling I will be waiting like Linus in the pumpkin patch for this one.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2011, 06:35:48 AM »
Since all the stuff against Obama is just crap can someone tell me why none of his question associations like Ayers and the racist pastor, Rev, Wright are without any valor?

What would the media do to Sarah Palin if Wright had been her pastor for 20 years?

Can I get some honestly in response?

Sarah Palin has some sketchy religious associations. You don't know about them because the mainstream media doesn't cover it. Wasn't quite the same as with Obama, and the comlete denigration of Rev Wright is absurd. For starters, the video that played over and over about "the chicken's coming home to roost," is a very fucking accurate and true remark about 9/11. Ron Paul pretty much says the same thing, but since he's not a black person, it's acceptable.

As for Ayers, McCain had just as a disreputable associations with people, but once again, it got mostly passed over.
blah blah blah.
Wright is a racist. Tell me about the racist Palin sat under?
I'm waiting.

Wow. I'm done talking with you, ever.
Wow! :omg:
Are you going to tell your mommy on me as well?

Seriously. You want to say Palin has a checkered religious past but you don't expound upon it? That's weak.
At least we know what Wright is. I guess if you don't think he is a bad guy, I can't change that.
What is Palins transgression your speaking of?

Oh, I forgot, your done talking to me....ever.  ::)

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2011, 06:38:18 AM »
Obama is a racist who hates all white people?

I thought it was White people like me who are racist towards Obama?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »
I have the feeling I will be waiting like Linus in the pumpkin patch for this one.

What on Earth are you talking about? People "linked" to Palin? I was always under the impression that her lack of experience with anything or anyone was the reason they went for her. She was pretty much a clean slate. The party just underestimated her capacity to bullshit convingly, something Obama has down-pat. But honestly? The fact that she's on record saying the Iraq war was "god's will" was enough for me. She seems to have gotten slightly better recently and made a real commitment to actually learning about what she's talking about, but she's not there yet. Maybe she will be one day. Probably not. If, when that time comes, she hasn't amassed a slew of sleazeball political connections you can count me surprised.

And I really don't see what the big deal with Reverend Wright is. He's a black man who's pointing out that America has committed atrocities toward to colored people, which is the grim reality. No amount of Patriotism can erase that, and if it does your Patriotism is just Nationalism in disguise, I'm afraid to say. McCain's preacher, on the other hand, believed that Hurricane Katrina happened because God wanted to punish the gays for holding a parade in New Orleans. I'm far more offended about that than I am anything Wright has ever said.

The same goes for most of Obama's affiliations on the far-left. They don't bother me one bit. In fact, it's a shame he hasn't listened to his so-called commie friends more. Maybe then the Corporate bail-out would have never happened and the middle-eastern occupation would come to an end.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2011, 07:57:48 AM »

What on Earth are you talking about? People "linked" to Palin? Honestly, the fact that she's on record saying the Iraq war was "god's will" was enough for me.

And I really don't see what the big deal with Reverend Wright is. He's a black man who's pointing out that American has committed atrocities toward to colored people, which is the grim reality. No amount of Patriotism can erase that, and if it does your Patriotism is just Nationalism in disguise, I'm afraid to say. McCain's preacher, on the other hand, believed that Katrina happened because God wanted to punish the gays for holding a parade there. I'm far more offended about that than I am anything Wright has ever said.

The same goes for most of Obama's affiliations on the far-left. They don't bother me one bit. In fact, it's a shame he hasn't listened to his so-called commie friends more. Maybe then the Corporate bail-out would have never happened and the middle-eastern occupation would come to an end.

I asked for one single link from any media source besides Fox bashing Obama during the 08 campain.
That was my request. Can you deliver one or not???

As far as Wright goes. You can't erase history. God is supposed to be love, period. He is a radical jackass focusing his energy on his own racist agenda and not the word of God. If he wants to be a political activist, go for it, but keep the racism off the pulpit. Its helps in no way and does not heal anyone. It only causes more strife and division amongst people. Way to go pastor!

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2011, 08:08:14 AM »
I completely disagree with that, tick. If you don't think your beliefs about god and universe should move you to some sort of action, then what are they? Just something to prop up on the mantle-piece of your life that says 'hey, I'm a normal good church going guy just like I should be'?

This country has and continues to treat people of color and people with alternative lifestyles unfairly. Reverend Wright was spot-on about that. I'd imagine many of Obama's "commie" friends have been spot-on on quite a few issues, too, that are just too inconvenient for America to admit to itself.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2011, 08:18:11 AM »
A quick search of CNN shows that they spent a huge amount of time on Jeremiah Wright back in the campaign days.  I don't think we'll agree on whether or not that's bashing, but it really doesn't matter.

One thing I can say is that we heard a whole helluva lot more about Wright than we did about Palin using her office in a vendetta against a former in-law.  An act which cost the state a great deal of money defending itself from the subsequent lawsuits. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2011, 08:22:46 AM »
A quick search of CNN shows that they spent a huge amount of time on Jeremiah Wright back in the campaign days.  I don't think we'll agree on whether or not that's bashing, but it really doesn't matter.

One thing I can say is that we heard a whole helluva lot more about Wright than we did about Palin using her office in a vendetta against a former in-law.  An act which cost the state a great deal of money defending itself from the subsequent lawsuits. 
I heard plenty about Palin and that suit. Plenty.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2011, 08:31:42 AM »
I completely disagree with that, tick. If you don't think your beliefs about god and universe should move you to some sort of action, then what are they? Just something to prop up on the mantle-piece of your life that says 'hey, I'm a normal good church going guy just like I should be'?

This country has and continues to treat people of color and people with alternative lifestyles unfairly. Reverend Wright was spot-on about that. I'd imagine many of Obama's "commie" friends have been spot-on on quite a few issues, too, that are just too inconvenient for America to admit to itself.

So that's what the church platform is for? Ok, I didn't realize it was all about mans racial injustice? I thought they went there to worship God? They can be activists for social justice. Totally acceptable. Wrong venue, imo.
We don't agree on this and never will so lets just move on to the next no win argument.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: June 14, 2011, 08:40:24 AM »

So that's what the church platform is for? Ok, I didn't realize it was all about mans racial injustice? I thought they went there to worship God? They can be activists for social justice. Totally acceptable.

Many churches have long taken it as their responsibility to speak out against social injustices, whether they be corruption in other churches or government, wars, slavery, racial injustice, etc. Your dismissive sarcasm doesn't take away the fact that that's an equally valid way of approaching faith and the religious community.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #157 on: June 14, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »
Christ, churches down here tell you who to vote for.  There was actually a pretty big ruckus over that with the Presbyterians, as I recall. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #158 on: June 14, 2011, 08:49:33 AM »
Christ, churches down here tell you who to vote for.  There was actually a pretty big ruckus over that with the Presbyterians, as I recall. 
Then there wrong. I'm not the defender of churches? I never said they do it right. Few do.
I think any church that over steps there boundaries in out of line.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #159 on: June 14, 2011, 10:05:02 AM »
tick, you may want to calm down a little.  You're coming across as a little beligerent.

BTW, all of the classical prophets from the Hebrew Scriptures, as well as Jesus, spoke at length about social justice.  I can think of few places other than churches where such discussions are more warranted.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2011, 10:16:56 AM »
BTW, all of the classical prophets from the Hebrew Scriptures, as well as Jesus, spoke at length about social justice.  I can think of few places other than churches where such discussions are more warranted.
The notion down here, and I agree with it, was that if they wanted to effect political causes then they should be paying taxes like everyone else. 
E.F. Benson

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2011, 11:09:31 AM »
tick, you may want to calm down a little.  You're coming across as a little beligerent.

I'm belligerent?
Ok, I'm done with this section of the board for the time being.
Peace.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »
I support Tick.. period.. every word he said was spot on. and of course when he asked others to back up their views, after trashing Palin.. suprise..they couldnt back their wild accusations of Palin up..

and Yes , Wright is a bigot and a racist, he is Farakans man, and married the Obamas.. and only Hannitty broke the story, when it was common knowledge.

Obama is not experienced enough to run a hot dog stand. if one wants EPIC Fail then Obama is your guy.

it wouldnt take the media long to do a story about his Uncle Odinga and Obama going to campaaign for Sharia law in Kenya if it was Palins  Uncle Odinga  she would be crucified.!!. but the media is soooo far left to debate it its just a waste of time. its a stone cold FACT the media is liberal, and they whine that one station FOX is FAIR, they cant handle fair.. my whole life I had to deal with the monopoly of the left controling the message, and I am thankful for FOX
I bet many still dont even know about Obama's Uncle..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:30:34 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2011, 11:55:08 AM »
I never payed much attention to him, but I never got the impression Wright was racist.  Am I missing something?
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2011, 12:34:53 PM »
I never payed much attention to him, but I never got the impression Wright was racist.  Am I missing something?

Thats why this winner Obama is the President.. the media covered for him. I call him the Trojan Horse. you cant attack him or you are a racist. he was made by Soros, Soros is the media.

now I will be told Im off topic.. 3 ...2...1..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2011, 12:44:47 PM »
How bout this epicview:

you can tell him EXACTLY what was said that proves Wright is a racist. That would still be on topic because I'm assuming it was covered by the media, no?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2011, 12:51:30 PM »
How bout this epicview:

you can tell him EXACTLY what was said that proves Wright is a racist. That would still be on topic because I'm assuming it was covered by the media, no?

very simple..its Black Liberation Theology.. Thats what Wright "teaches"

Im not a teacher.. if you care about the subject take a look.  I already know all this.

why do I have to prove everything? then my links will be mocked.. I dont see anyone linking to a thing but me...

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2011, 12:53:03 PM »
Why do you keep avoiding answering people's questions? It would be so easy to prove a quote. Why can't you do that?

And you haven't asked for anything to be linked. If you had, i'm sure whoever you asked would have done it in a heartbeat

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2011, 12:53:36 PM »
You know, I have to say, I agree with EPICVIEW in that the media made Obama.  No one knew who Obama was before the election unless you lived in Illinois.  He wasn't on anyone's radar.  Then he runs for president and the media grabbed hold of him.  It became this larger than life black man vs white woman in the Democratic primaries.  It was all about that.  The media latched onto hillary and obama and that is why they made it.  The media could have latched on to the other candidates instead, and one of them would now be president.

The whole thing was a media fest.  "Obama the rock star!!" was practically every headline back then.  It was ridiculous how in love the media was with Obama.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »
You know, I have to say, I agree with EPICVIEW in that the media made Obama.  No one knew who Obama was before the election unless you lived in Illinois.  He wasn't on anyone's radar.  Then he runs for president and the media grabbed hold of him.  It became this larger than life black man vs white woman in the Democratic primaries.  It was all about that.  The media latched onto hillary and obama and that is why they made it.  The media could have latched on to the other candidates instead, and one of them would now be president.

The whole thing was a media fest.  "Obama the rock star!!" was practically every headline back then.  It was ridiculous how in love the media was with Obama.
Well said.
I am with both of you.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2011, 01:00:32 PM »
I remember that. But they only started focusing on him AFTER he became a true contender. I remember most of the spotlight being on John Edwards and Hillary Clinton in the beginning.

The whole rockstar thing was nonsense, I agree. But I don't think it made up a large portion of his media coverage

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »
I remember that. But they only started focusing on him AFTER he became a true contender. I remember most of the spotlight being on John Edwards and Hillary Clinton in the beginning.

The whole rockstar thing was nonsense, I agree. But I don't think it made up a large portion of his media coverage

No it started in the primaries.  It was always Hillary and Obama.  The others didn't even stand a chance.  I remember because I was in a politics class solely based on the presidential race at the time.  And his rockstar coverage was a huge part of his media coverage.  I mean, it was huge.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2011, 01:06:13 PM »

Thats why the media proclaimed Hillary Clinton the democratic nominee two years before the election....

C'mon, it was only 3 years ago. Let's not forget history so quickly.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2011, 01:07:19 PM »

Thats why the media proclaimed Hillary Clinton the democratic nominee two years before the election....

C'mon, it was only 3 years ago. Let's not forget history so quickly.

who is George Soros? This is spot on subject

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2011, 01:07:51 PM »

What did make up a large portion of media coverage? Was it talk of Obama's wealth of experience that made him the top candidate to be president?
Why was Obama so bullet proof? Why didn't the media knock him at all? Why did they never question his amount of experience?
I challenged you all several times to find just one clip of the media ripping Obama for anything at all.(besides Fox.)
I'm still waiting patiently for that. Its gonna be awhile.