Author Topic: According to Palin, Paul Revere warned the British  (Read 7753 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
According to Palin, Paul Revere warned the British
« on: June 06, 2011, 09:09:15 AM »
https://www.ibtimes.com/articles/157530/20110605/sarah-palin-on-paul-revere-s-midnight-ride-british-bells-and-arms.htm

He who warned the British that they weren't gonna be taking away our arms by ringing those bells and by making sure that as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were gonna be secure and we were gonna be free and we were gonna be armed

:lol

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline PraXis

Re: According to Palin, Paul Revere warned the British
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »
um.. Palin was right.

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/sarah-palin-says-paul-revere-warned-the-british.html

I love how the media is so afraid of her. I don't want her to run on the GOP ticket, but she plays the left like a fiddle.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »
um.. Palin was right.

https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/06/sarah-palin-says-paul-revere-warned-the-british.html

I love how the media is so afraid of her. I don't want her to run on the GOP ticket, but she plays the left like a fiddle.

Didnt Palin say Revere was warning the British as he was riding?....not when he was captured as the article says.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:16:10 AM »
Yep.. she was right.. I love how the Democrat/liberals jumped on her so fast.

I guess they also missed Obamas 53 States, "Corps Men" and how he just signed it was "2008" in the Westminster Abby guest book.. Obama =Genius ...NOT.

Go Sarah!!
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:19:51 AM »
Yeah, she either knew Revere warned the British and got some of the details wrong (when he warned them) or she had no idea what she was talking about and just got lucky and was partially correct. Doesn't really matter. She's still Sarah Palin and she's still not the brightest bulb in the bunch. Not much is going to change that.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:57:39 AM »
I don't think anyone buys the theory that Palin knew a little-known side fact about Paul Revere's ride. It's certainly not something you would point out as the main feature of Paul Revere.

rumborak

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 10:01:36 AM »
I don't think anyone buys the theory that Palin knew a little-known side fact about Paul Revere's ride. It's certainly not something you would point out as the main feature of Paul Revere.

rumborak

I dont buy that its 2008, and there are 53 states..

..maybe she is smarter then Obama or knows her countries history better.. Id bet the ranch she knew, as her mataphors were spot on
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 10:09:18 AM »
There's a difference between simply misspeaking, and obviously not knowing the answer, EPICVIEW.  That's why nobody says "DURR PALIN THINKS NORTH KOREA IS OUR ALLY."
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 10:13:26 AM »
File this thread under, who gives a shit. :tick2:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »
There's a difference between simply misspeaking, and obviously not knowing the answer, EPICVIEW.  That's why nobody says "DURR PALIN THINKS NORTH KOREA IS OUR ALLY."

exactly...you make my point. a 5th grader knows how many states there are..Obama didnt mispeak , he is a dope. we also know that they are pronounced "Core ( corps" men" ) we all also know its 2011 amd not 2008.  

so how stupid is Obama.. he is the President and cant get it right!!! Sarah was answering an impromptu question and had a great answer that the dopey press didnt get right!!!!

and Tick is also correct!!!!!! :tup

Id trust Sarah knows American History better then Obama..

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »
I don't understand how you expect anyone to take you seriously.

You really think the President of the United States doesn't know how many states there are?
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 10:22:52 AM »

I guess they also missed Obamas 53 States, "Corps Men" and how he just signed it was "2008" in the Westminster Abby guest book.. Obama =Genius ...NOT.

Go Sarah!!

Please show me where Obama said there were 53 states. I never heard that before

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 10:23:05 AM »
I don't understand how you expect anyone to take you seriously.

You really think the President of the United States doesn't know how many states there are?

ask Obama..he was the one that said there are 53!!!! not me..

did you see last month he signed the westminster abby guest book that it was 2008?

and you would think he would know its promunced "coreman" not "CORPSman" ( geebus what a dope)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 10:24:34 AM »

Go Sarah!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwMQ0u7IPpA

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:36 AM »
PLM..I was wrong he thinks there are 59 states..he had visited 57, had had two to go..

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.....
https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/05/barack-obama-wa.html

for those who cant access Youtube from work

How do I take any of those who dont know this seriously????

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »
PLM..I was wrong he thinks there are 59 states..he had visited 57, had had two to go..

Clearly he meant to say FORTY-seven.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 10:34:53 AM »

Clearly he meant to say FORTY-seven.

beacause Obama is an idiot for one..and he said 57 after thinking about it.. he stopped ,thought and then said it..he never corrected himself...

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 10:35:01 AM »
Are we really going to create a thread every time a public figure makes a speaking gaffe? Or shouldn't it at least be limited to elected officials? Both (R) & (D) make countless statements that are questionable and inaccurate. These people speak for a living so the odds are stacked against them. Granted the SHOULD know thier stuff but as we are reminded of almost daily these people we have ELECTED are pretty much just as big as goofballs as the rest of us....if anything it should be a constant reminder of just how much the voting public do not pay attention and keep re-electing/electing these clowns.

Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline PraXis

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 10:38:48 AM »
Everyone makes gaffes, but what pisses off people like me is when a liberal politician does it, they get a free pass from the press. When a conservative politician does it, you never hear the end of it, especially from that degenerate Maher. Hell look at SNL. People think that Palin actually said "I can see Russia from my house" when it was Tina Fey.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »
Are we really going to create a thread every time a public figure makes a speaking gaffe? Or shouldn't it at least be limited to elected officials? Both (R) & (D) make countless statements that are questionable and inaccurate. These people speak for a living so the odds are stacked against them. Granted the SHOULD know thier stuff but as we are reminded of almost daily these people we have ELECTED are pretty much just as big as goofballs as the rest of us....if anything it should be a constant reminder of just how much the voting public do not pay attention and keep re-electing/electing these clowns.

I agree to some level, but my point is the sheer hypocrisy... Obama is a genius, the media covers for him to the point that many dont even know his mistakes, and they are horrible gaffes for our country, and Sarah is cruscified when she is even right
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:45:29 AM by EPICVIEW »

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »

I agree to some level, but my point is sheer hypocrisy... Obama is a genius, the media covers for him to the point that many dont even know his mistakes, and they are horrible gaffes for our country, and Sarah is cruscified when she is even right
Agreed. Anyone who tries to discount the level of media bias and hypocrisy the media (in a positive light) shows towards Obama is not being honest. Of course following this post there will be a slew of demands to 'cite' or give examples, of which I will not even waste my time it is that apparent. 
  Had everyones favorite red headed step child Bush been in office (and it happened when he was in) the lead story every night would be how the gas prices are killing us and how evil Bush is for letting that happen. Nothing but maybe a mention of gas prices on the news.
   And it is hilarious that Sarah Palin....a citizen...is garnering this type of attention. Threatened anyone?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »
Everyone makes gaffes, but what pisses off people like me is when a liberal politician does it, they get a free pass from the press. When a conservative politician does it, you never hear the end of it, especially from that degenerate Maher. Hell look at SNL. People think that Palin actually said "I can see Russia from my house" when it was Tina Fey.

Conservatives get as much leeway as liberals. It's Palin who doesn't get any, for good reason.

rumborak

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 10:50:12 AM »

Conservatives get as much leeway as liberals. It's Palin who doesn't get any, for good reason.

rumborak

Thats ridiculous... and not even close to accurate.. puleeeze..

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 10:53:40 AM »
Epicview doesn't think that cuz he only watches Fox

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »
Conservatives get as much leeway as liberals.rumborak

I am being serious and not trying to be ignorant or anything like that when I ask you this. Do you really see it that way? I would think that it is pretty obvious that liberal/democratic leadership is way more coddled and protected than conservative/republican's are. Maybe it's just our idealic  foundations that skew our perception to be one way or the other...but to me the media is clearly on the left side of the aisle.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 10:57:11 AM »
Epicview doesn't think that cuz he only watches Fox

what should I watch? MSNBC?Keith Oberman? LOL...and by the way, if you dont know me, dont put words in my mouth, I read and watch everything.. Im just not one of those people who slag Fox, they are very good and accurate, fair.. the news is more about "whats not reported" thats the issue..

PLM maybe you should watch it more?? LOL
maybe you'd have known about the 57 or 58 or 59 states Obama thinks are the USA...LOL
( actually Fox didnt dwell on it..im not sure if they even talked about it)

or should I watch one of Soros 30 media outlets.. those are fantastic..NOT

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »
Even if she WAS right, the idiotic way in which she put the facts, the stumbling over herself, the barely comprehensible English, says enough.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:21 AM »
And you've clearly never watched CNN or MSNBC. Because although there is a bias in those two sources (as with EVERY source), both of them report rather well. And I actually trust CNN more than anyone else to remain more neutral than the other outlets.

You want to know why Palin gets a lot of flack for her gaffes? She's made SO MANY OF THEM. Obama messed up, sure. But have you ever given a speech in front of a lot of people? It's hard, sometimes, to get things straight when you're constantly worrying about messing up. It happens to EVERYONE. So instead of 47 states he said 57.

But Palin? Apparently being able to see Russia from her house qualifies her for a Vice-Presidential position. That, among numerous other statements, is why she get's thrown in the spotlight as much as she does.

Obama is a reasonably well-spoken and composed guy during speeches. Remember how Bush was with that? How many times he misspoke? Remember the word Nucular? I don't see you going on about that.

But you're supposed to be 'objective', so I'm sure you realized just how much of a non-issue this really is.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 11:05:45 AM »
Even if she WAS right, the idiotic way in which she put the facts, the stumbling over herself, the barely comprehensible English, says enough.

whats it say? that she couldnt access Obamas best friend "his teleprompter" that Obama now has a tutor on how to use it, since he cant even read it correctly without looking like hes watching tennis?

wow..she stood there and answered the question...got it right.. too bad she couldnt work in "corpsman" into it..LOL

PLM....Sarah has more experience then Obama...PERIOD..Obama is a complete ZERO..a fraud, a jr senator, hes not even in her league of being a Govenor

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 11:08:51 AM »
WILL YOU PLEASE STOP TRASHING OBAMA IN EVERY GODDAMNED THREAD THANK YOU

Instead of just trashing him, why don't you read my post and actually respond to something in it?

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »

Go Sarah!!

He actually said he traveled to 57 and had two more to go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2011, 11:13:22 AM »

whats it say? that she couldnt access Obamas best friend "his teleprompter" that Obama now has a tutor on how to use it, since he cant even read it correctly without looking like hes watching tennis?

wow..she stood there and answered the question...got it right.. too bad she couldnt work in "corpsman" into it..LOL

PLM....Sarah has more experience then Obama...PERIOD..Obama is a complete ZERO..a fraud, a jr senator, hes not even in her league of being a Govenor

Actually, Obama, as of this moment, has way more fucking experience than Palin. Do you forget that he's been president for like over two years now? Which is longer than Sarah Palin was governor of a tiny ass state with barely any governing to do?

And LOL at his teleprompter. Everyone uses that, and it also ignores his insane ability to talk off the cuff. DO you not remember the debates? No telepromtor there.

I think I'm almost done arguing with you. It's obviously going nowhere quicker than is normal on the internet. You're not goin to change your opinion even if you get hit over the head with counter-facts.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 11:15:03 AM »
^ thats just too over the top..

its well known Obam has used the teleprompter in more places and more then any other president.

Obama had no executive experience..and its showing..

I smell fear of Sarah..

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 11:16:06 AM »
Sarah has more experience then Obama
I would like to point out that Sarah Palin was governor of Alaska, probably the least complicated state in the union, for less than 3 years. Obama was a senator for 3+ years followed by 2+ years as president. You can't deny that Obama has more high-level political experience than Palin, who is currently basically unemployed and has zero years of national political experience.

You can say that you prefer Palin's experience to Obama's, but to say she has more experience is simply wrong.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »
Sarah has more experience then Obama
I would like to point out that Sarah Palin was governor of Alaska, probably the least complicated state in the union, for less than 3 years. Obama was a senator for 3+ years followed by 2+ years as president. You can't deny that Obama has more high-level political experience than Palin, who is currently basically unemployed and has zero years of national political experience.

You can say that you prefer Palin's experience to Obama's, but to say she has more experience is simply wrong.

HUH? she was Govenor of a US State..Obama was a Jr Senator, he ran nothing.. never ran a thing.

slam dunk win for Palin