Author Topic: The Animals As Leaders Thread!!!  (Read 27279 times)

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
Re: Animals As Leaders!!! What do you think about them???
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 06:32:24 PM »
I think Tosin is the most incredible guitarist to have ever graced this planet  :heart

EDIT: He was rated #2 best modern metal guitarist by Metalsucks.com
https://www.metalsucks.net/2011/06/03/2-tosin-abasi-animals-as-leaders/#more-63938

Not to be off topic, but AJ Minette that high?

REALLY?

I mean, he's great, I love THA. But just NO.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 07:26:31 PM »
There is an Animals as Leaders thread already, I'm sure I've seen it around.

Yeah anyway, good band.  Tosin is an absolute monster, I love Soraya.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 08:18:16 PM »
I really want to see them, but due to it being a couple weeks from my babys birth date, I might not be able to. : (  gotta hope they come here again.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »
I have listened to some Animals As Leaders, but I don't recall what.  I downloaded some and listened to it while I played video games, which made for a pretty intense soundtrack.  I remember a lot of it was pretty nuts, and it was pretty cool, but something I'd have to be in the right mood to listen to in the future.  Maybe I'll check them out a little more.

Offline Obfuscation

• “"You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
  • Google It
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 08:57:06 PM »
I have listened to some Animals As Leaders, but I don't recall what.  I downloaded some and listened to it while I played video games, which made for a pretty intense soundtrack.  I remember a lot of it was pretty nuts, and it was pretty cool, but something I'd have to be in the right mood to listen to in the future.  Maybe I'll check them out a little more.
Check out Tempting Time, CAFO, Inamorata, and Song of Solomon. I think those are the best songs on their album.
“Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”

Online Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 10:16:20 PM »
Looks like I have the 2009 self-titled album, which I'm listening to again right now.  Interesting stuff.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:44 AM »
 :omg: Thank you DTF for bringing me that thread and let me know about this amazing guitarist and this amazing project !! :hefdaddy :hefdaddy Just listened to Cafo, and wow... It's brilliant !!!! BTW I like the creature that features in the video  :xbones

:omg: :omg: Throughly At Home is freaking amazing!!! I wish that DT11 have that kind of vibe... ::)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:29:50 AM by The Silent Cody »

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2011, 12:54:09 AM »
One thing I do hate on the s/t is the terrible programmed drums.  Especially that snare... its like Images and Words all over again.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2011, 04:20:38 AM »
Yeah I noticed that when listening, the sound really isn't that great because of the drums. The music and the performances are top-notch though.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2011, 10:36:58 PM »
:omg: Thank you DTF for bringing me that thread and let me know about this amazing guitarist and this amazing project !! :hefdaddy :hefdaddy Just listened to Cafo, and wow... It's brilliant !!!! BTW I like the creature that features in the video  :xbones

:omg: :omg: Throughly At Home is freaking amazing!!! I wish that DT11 have that kind of vibe... ::)
CAFO rapes in just about every single way possible. :tup

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 07:07:01 AM »

CAFO rapes in just about every single way possible. :tup
This like hell  :tup :tup

Offline Bombardana

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 07:35:29 AM »
I'm really not that big on djent other than Meshuggah, tbh.

Meshuggah aren't djent. Djent's all bitches that copy Meshuggah.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 07:42:11 AM »
Checked out AAL a while ago, probably something I'd really be into a few years ago but it was easily forgettable to me, not to knock on the band, it just didn't click with me.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 08:22:10 AM »
djent isnt a genre

Offline JosephAOI

• DTF's resident Jewish Ninja
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
Djent is an onomatopoeia for a chord consisting of two (or more) octaves of two notes. It comes out really metallic sounding and thus, is not really a 'chug' but 'djent'. Listen to Aztec Two-Step by Meshuggah. That's the djent chord. Djent the 'genre' is just a bunch of idiots who took Misha (from Periphery) a little too seriously.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2011, 09:55:16 AM »
exactly, now misha is trying to get as far away from that term as possible haha. but now every band he works with gets the label (animals as leaders, born of osiris, veil of maya)

Offline JosephAOI

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2011, 10:01:38 AM »
Which sucks cause most of them are my favorite bands. But yeah, it's always annoying when something like that happens especially when this whole new 'movement' (as deemed by Guitar World) started from a sound.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 10:06:27 AM »
Born of Osiris?

LOL
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 10:50:27 AM »
Born of Osiris?

LOL

yes magazines call them djent. the discovery is incredible if you are trying to make fun of them.

Offline JosephAOI

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »
Born of Osiris?

LOL

yes magazines call them djent. the discovery is incredible if you are trying to make fun of them.
Quoted for truth. The Discovery is the most amazing album of all time. BOO are incredible songwriters.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2011, 02:14:06 PM »
Born of Osiris?

LOL

It is a good album, the first one I ever listened to them and I automatically liked it.

Offline SDFprowler

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 03:55:37 AM »
Animals as Leaders is amazing.  Tosin Abasi is a brilliant (both intellectually and musically).

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 03:13:47 PM »
Born of Osiris?

LOL

It is a good album, the first one I ever listened to them and I automatically liked it.
Just adding to my approval of Born of Osiris. I was obsessed with The New Reign, then I was a little disappointed with A Higher Place, but goddamn have they pulled it back with The Discovery. Every track is fantastic, even the little interlude type things.

Oh yeah, Animals as Leaders! Great band too! They're supporting BTBAM when they come to the UK in September, and I've got tickets to both London shows. I'm genuinely considering booking that week off work to recover from the horrendous hangover and sore neck I will be suffering from.

Offline JosephAOI

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 03:22:05 PM »
Born of Osiris?

LOL

Just adding to my approval of Born of Osiris. I was obsessed with The New Reign, then I was a little disappointed with A Higher Place, but goddamn have they pulled it back with The Discovery. Every track is fantastic, even the little interlude type things.
My exact thoughts except maybe a little more. BOO are my favorite band. AAL are great too but I'm not that into them yet. Maybe if I heard the songs in better quality than from youtube  :P

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 04:03:50 PM »
Born of Osiris?

LOL

My exact thoughts except maybe a little more. BOO are my favorite band. AAL are great too but I'm not that into them yet. Maybe if I heard the songs in better quality than from youtube  :P
I would say that BOO are my favourite new band, and definitely my favourite to have come out of this new djent explosion (although I'm not sure they sit entirely comfortably within that sound/genre.) They slay live too, and I'm lucky enough to have seen them twice already this year  :tup

Also, a friend of mine has this ridiculous sub and amp in his car, and The New Reign in second only to Dimmu Borgir in terms of how goddamn heavy and loud it sounds. That bass drum trigger is like a punch in the back!  :metal :metal

There's definitely a BOO thread though so maybe we should leave this topic with AAL, although Tosin Abasi was a temp player with BOO for a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VzOvxIMo_c

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »
Born of Osiris?

LOL

Just get the blum. The sound of the guitars in it just sound amazing, especially when you blast on a surrouns sound system. It's like listening to God fart.

Offline unklejman

Re: The Animals As Leaders Thread!!!
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 02:36:07 PM »
Why is there more discussion of other bands in this Animals of Leaders thread, than there is of Animals as Leaders?

Anyway, Wave of Babies is my favorite piece by them and I can't wait for the new album. I just hope they don't crush the dynamics again.

Good interview with Tosin: https://niagaramusicscene.com/view_news.php?id=95

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 04:56:08 PM »
Is AAL more popular than I thought? There are a few girls and two guys I know who are fans.

Offline JosephAOI

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2011, 06:37:07 PM »
Nope, there just happens to be a lot of people online who know them. Especially on SS.org but thats pretty much the go-to 'Djent' or ERG forum. It's pretty awesome. DTF is more homey though. A lot smaller. But yeah, I know maybe 4 or 5 people IRL that know AAL.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2011, 08:12:33 AM »

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2011, 01:32:25 PM »
Got into these guys sometime in early 2010 and immediately fell in love.  Tosin is fucking fantastic, and the new album is undoubtedly going to kick ass.

Offline Obfuscation

• Google It
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2011, 11:33:18 PM »
I don't know how many of you have actually heard this song from AAL but I think it's just awesome just like every other of their songs are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt-RoSzsEKA

Offline unklejman

« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2011, 11:21:17 AM »
I don't know how many of you have actually heard this song from AAL but I think it's just awesome just like every other of their songs are.

Yeah, that's my favorite of theirs.

Also they will be playing in Mobile, AL. (lol wut?) this month. That's practically where I live. I'll be there.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2011, 11:42:15 AM »

AAL's best song.