Author Topic: The official Testament thread  (Read 4804 times)

Offline Samsara

• Queensrÿche Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
Re: The official Testament thread
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2022, 05:23:00 PM »
Goin to the show in May. Should be killer.  :metal

Sucks about the Atomic Clock. But I get it. Makes sense.
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensrÿche (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2022, 09:38:40 PM »
That sucks. No Paul Bostaph please. The dream would be to pull Lombardo in again.

Why not Paul Bostaph? He's available isn't he?

Bostaph is a super sloppy player, in my opinion. Never cared for him. His work in Slayer always bugged me, especially when comparing him to Lombardo.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2022, 07:41:18 PM »
That sucks. No Paul Bostaph please. The dream would be to pull Lombardo in again.

Bostaph is a super sloppy player, in my opinion. Never cared for him. His work in Slayer always bugged me, especially when comparing him to Lombardo.

Found the thread. As I mentioned in the Thrash thread, my dream came true.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2022, 05:17:47 AM »

Found the thread. As I mentioned in the Thrash thread, my dream came true.

Nice!!! I couldn’t find it to share the news of Lombardo rejoining the band.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2022, 07:01:20 AM »
I love it - it's The Gathering lineup, but with Alex instead of James Murphy.  Makes me wish I was going to the Bay Strikes Back tour that's coming up.

:metal :metal :metal

Edit - just saw this on Blabbermouth where Dave and Chuck elaborated on how Dave rejoined the band.  Prior to the pandemic, there was talk about having Dave back to play The Gathering in a reunion tour, but they didn't want to just kick Gene out of the band for no reason.  So it's looking likely that Testament may go out and play The Gathering in full sometime.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dave-lombardo-says-it-felt-like-the-right-moment-for-him-to-return-to-testament/?fbclid=IwAR02cVxPdZM-8EY8g3mTCV_pU6GfDm413qnswSvgu9JstW5rB_C_Ly8Gqks

Chuck said that he was surprised to hear from Dave so quickly after TESTAMENT made the news of its split with Gene public.

"Right when it happened, it was within minutes after the announcement," Billy recalled. "And Dave doesn't remember, but [his text message to me was] simply 'Lombardo?' That was the text. I'm, like, 'You're shitting me. Tiffany, Lombardo just wrote me, 'Lombardo?'' I called him right away. I said, 'Hey, dude, what's happening?' He was, like, 'Dude, I heard the news.' I'm, like, 'Dude, I would have called you right away, but I just thought it was kind of far-fetched for you to kind of jam because I know you're probably pretty busy with all the other projects going on.' And he was, like, 'No. I've got a big opening and I'd love to get back.' And we talked about 'The Gathering', doing that again. And here we are — it could be a reality to get to play 'The Gathering' like we spoke of."

If that happens, there is no way I'd miss that show!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:45:00 AM by Grappler »

Offline DoctorAction

• Everyday Glory
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2022, 03:54:40 PM »
Ha! I don't have much time for this kind of thing these days but I'd go see Testament with Dave Lombardo for sure. That'd be a great night out!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.