Author Topic: Agora Forte: Updated 12/08 With Full Album Review from Danteprog.com  (Read 1317 times)

Offline icarus4321

Hey Everyone,

After about a year of writing, self-recording, and mixing, we've finally wrapped up work on our debut album, Monuments.  The album is progressive rock/metal with influences from Dream Theater, Pain of Salvation, Opeth, Pink Floyd, Rush, Muse, and many others.  Please check out our pages at ReverbNation, MySpace, or Facebook to preview our music.  I would appreciate any feedback that you guys have!  The album is available for purchase at Amazon and iTunes, and you can preview all of the tracks through Amazon.  We also have an album teaser with clips from all of the songs on our ReverbNation page.

Track Listing
1.  Ghost Town (8:03)
2.  Another Animal (6:48)
3.  The Ten Year Rest of Daniel Blaine (11:55)
4.  Don't Blow Your Circuits, Joe (6:59)
5.  Pain (3:54)
6.  Walk Around the World (5:18)
7.  Reflections (6:37)
8.  The Last Goodbye (9:04)

ReverbNation
www.reverbnation.com/agoraforte

Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Monuments/dp/B0051WEDUK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306414967&sr=8-1

MySpace
www.myspace.com/agoraforte

Thanks for taking a look!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:13:02 PM by icarus4321 »
Please check out our band, Agora Forte, www.reverbnation.com/agoraforte

My last.fm Profile

Offline icarus4321

Re: Agora Forte: New Show Posted
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 03:44:24 PM »
Hey guys, if any of you live in Minnesota, we are playing at Roberts Bar on August 12th.  It would be great to see any fellow DTF.org members if you can make it out.  ***I would still love any feedback that you guys have on the material.*** 

I'll leave you with a picture of me playing through the Another Animal solo (just had photos done a couple of weeks ago):

My last.fm Profile

Offline icarus4321

Re: Agora Forte: New Show Posted
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:52:03 AM »
Just a reminder for anyone in MN.  We play tomorrow night during the "Live, Loud, 'n Local" show at Robert's in Mounds View.  Set is at 9:45 and we would love to see any DTFer's that can make it!

My last.fm Profile

Offline icarus4321

Re: Agora Forte: Comments Appreciated!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »
A nice shoutout by DanteProg.com.  Our album is scheduled to be reviewed at Prognaut later this month.  I'd love to hear any comments that you guys have! 

https://danteprog.com/2011/12/sunday-morning-turntable-agora-forte-flaming-row-unimother-27-airbag/

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 06:39:19 PM by icarus4321 »

My last.fm Profile

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »
I listened to some of it, and I have to say there's definitely some strong moments from what I can hear. The recording is very raw, it's a bit of a bummer that you didn't get a better product out of it when you're trying to sell it.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline icarus4321

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »
I listened to some of it, and I have to say there's definitely some strong moments from what I can hear. The recording is very raw, it's a bit of a bummer that you didn't get a better product out of it when you're trying to sell it.

rumborak

Thanks for taking a listen.  Is there any specific aspects of the recording that you can single out as improvement possibilities.  We have recorded and produced everything on our own, so we're definitely looking for any constructive criticism that you have to improve for our next offering.

My last.fm Profile

Offline icarus4321

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 12:12:29 PM »
Dante's Prog Blog Inferno wrote up a really nice review on our album with a track by track breakdown.  Highlights included:

-"The Last Goodbye, simply the finest song on the entire album and truly one of the best songs of 2011."
-"This is what American Prog should be.  It has a hard rock edge that satisfies my deepest rock & roll urge."

https://danteprog.com/2011/12/album-review-agora-fortes-monuments/

My last.fm Profile