News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

How do you like your meat?

Started by Aramatheis, May 21, 2011, 09:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How cooked do you like your steak/meat?

Still bleeding
4 (4.2%)
Blue rare
0 (0%)
Rare
12 (12.5%)
Medium Rare
37 (38.5%)
Medium
13 (13.5%)
Medium Well
13 (13.5%)
Well Done
7 (7.3%)
Charred
2 (2.1%)
BACON
8 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Ultimetalhead

Medium Well is the only way I'll ever eat a cow. I appreciate the brutality of it being bloody, but I need my food to be thoroughly cooked. It's more of a mental block.

hefdaddy42

Shaken, not stirred.

If I can't get it that way, I ask for medium rare.
Quote from: BlobVanDam on December 11, 2014, 08:19:46 PMHef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Aramatheis

Quote from: Volk9 on May 21, 2011, 10:24:04 PM
I like my meat bacon.
Poll has been edited to accommodate your choice.

Quote from: lonestar on May 21, 2011, 10:39:46 PM
Just asked my boss. and he agreed, also adding that the "blue" should be spelt "bleu", the french word for blue

Quote from: JayOctavarium on May 21, 2011, 11:45:33 PM
wtf deja vu?

are we out of things to talk about?

medium well. I am a pussy.
I apologize; I had no idea this thread already existed. By the look of things, it started a month or two before I joined up.

Tunnel Vision

Medium-Rare for steaks
Medium for any ground beef or hamburger

skydivingninja

Medium rare for steak
Medium well for burgers
Bacon for everything else.

XJDenton

Anything depending on how the meat is prepared.
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
― Terry Pratchett

Genowyn

Voted Bacon, but seriously, Medium Rare.

ddtonfire

Jamesman42

Rare.

This is a multiple choice question, where there is only one correct answer.

And I passed.
\o\ lol /o/

mizzl

I like my meat laid down on coloured sheets :neverusethis:

Aramatheis

Quote from: Jamesman on May 22, 2011, 11:25:56 AM
Rare.

This is a multiple choice question, where there is only one correct answer.

And I passed.

:lol

Global Laziness

As I mentioned in the other thread, medium or medium-rare.

mizzl

Now for a serious question: who cares?

lonestar

Quote from: mizzl on May 22, 2011, 01:31:19 PM
I care, man, I care. *hugs*
Quote from: Stadler on January 20, 2022, 12:15:29 PMLonestar, speaking wise.  :)

#Stadler/Hunnus2024

tri.ad

Quote from: mizzl on May 22, 2011, 01:31:19 PM

I almost believed you for a second.

LieLowTheWantedMan

I honestly don't know.

So I'll just pick bacon.

sneakyblueberry

Quote from: mizzl on May 22, 2011, 11:31:12 AM

:clap:

I like my meat how I like my men.  Black, and on the run.

Jamesman42

I like my meat how I like my meat: soft and in my mouth.
\o\ lol /o/

Global Laziness

orcus116

:lol

Went with medium rare. I'd like to work my way down to rare and I did have one really awesome rare ribeye for my birthday but that's the only one thusfar.

Orbert

Quote from: lonestar on May 21, 2011, 10:39:46 PM
Just asked my boss. and he agreed, also adding that the "blue" should be spelt "bleu", the french word for rare.

The above diagram is pretty good, though my mediums are a touch rarer than that.

Awesome, I did not know that.  I thought that it was called "blue" because it's still cool, and the color blue is often associated with coolness (just as red is associated with heat).

The King in Crimson

Medium rare and erm.....

*insert quality dick joke here*

slycordinator

Quote from: Orbert on May 22, 2011, 05:48:07 PM
Awesome, I did not know that.  I thought that it was called "blue" because it's still cool, and the color blue is often associated with coolness (just as red is associated with heat).
That's probably why the French use that term for rare; bleu is French for the color blue.

And btw they also use the term "saignant" for rare, as it is their term for bloody.

Orbert

Ah, same root as "sanguine".  I dig it.

Kura

Rare for me. I've tried "Beef Sashimi" once.. but I don't know if it actually calls for being "Blue Rare" though it was pretty tasty and completely raw. I don't trust cooking the meat Rare at home myself.. so I have it medium rare.. but if I have steak at a restaurant then I order rare.

mizzl

Silver Tears

I can't stand rare, it's always got to be at least medium-well done for me

chknptpie

I like between medium and medium well.

Super Dude

axeman90210

Medium rare ftw. It's my humble belief that the deliciousness of a burger/steak is directly proportional to the number of napkins required while eating it.

Nic35

Quote from: slycordinator on May 22, 2011, 06:48:29 PM
Quote from: Orbert on May 22, 2011, 05:48:07 PM
That's probably why the French use that term for rare; bleu is French for the color blue.

And btw they also use the term "saignant" for rare, as it is their term for bloody.
That's right. I think in France they say ''bleu'', but here in Quebec we say ''saignant''.

Jakartabassplayer

Quote from: mizzl on May 22, 2011, 11:31:12 AM
i always wanted to hit you

mizzl

Orbert

For me, it's mostly about the texture.  I like meat toward the rare side because it tends to lose flavor and get dried out as it's cooked, but it has to be cooked enough to have that "cooked" texture to it.  If it's still raw in the middle, it's still kinda chewy and stringy, which I don't like.  Obviously there are some cuts of meat that are really tender regardless, but I'm talking about a sirloin, ribeye or other everyday steak, not freakin' filet mignon.

If I cut into it and find I have to saw through it while holding it down with my fork, it's not cooked enough.

adameastment

Quote from: Aramatheis on May 21, 2011, 09:35:21 PMPersonally, I like Medium Well. I'm definitely not a fan of pink in the middle of my steak (but I won't make a fuss if there is a little bit).