Author Topic: Facebook question  (Read 2068 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Facebook question
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »
Is there a way of not having Facebook show posts of friends who post to walls of people I don't know? I find that information rather .... useless. Would be nice to only see what friends of mine say inside my circle of friends.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!
Re: Facebook question
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 06:36:40 PM »
jsut deleter facebook

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
Should be possible, because I never see what friends post on random people's walls - just what they post on other friends. Might be because I have facebook set up as closed off as possible and it changes the other settings automatically or something like that.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 07:52:44 PM »
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline mrjazzguitar

• I play guitar.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • rump horrot

Offline mizzl

• DTF.org Member
  • I have officialy been ravenhearted. Thanks Zydar!

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 07:36:42 AM »
If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, that stuff only shows up in the 'top news' but not the 'most recent.'

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »
Where it says Top News and Most recent there should be a little down arrow.  Click that, go to edit options then where it says: Show posts from: choose friends and pages you interact with the most.  I think that's it anyway.  :-\

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 06:08:27 PM »
No, guys, what you are suggesting would hide information from a ton of friends you don't interact with regularly. I'm not sure if there is a way to do what you're asking Rumby.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline robwebster

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 06:12:48 PM »
If you've not logged into Facebook for a while, the homepage won't display the "most recent" posts but the "top news," which sometimes includes your friends' interactions with people you don't know. Just press "Most Recent (238)" or whatever and it'll bring it back to what your mates have been doing, in reverse chronological order, as is traditional. Which I believe is what you were asking.

Meanwhile! If you're just bored of people you barely know but you do have added as friends appearing on your homepage, you can adjust which of your friends appear in your newsfeed. It usually only displays posts from the 100, 150 or 200 (I can't remember how many, precisely) you interact with most. I can't remember how precisely to alter it, it's something in "news feed settings" or some such, very much tucked away. It automatically defaults to just the ones you interact with most often, and updates that list as and when it gets bored. Do a little snooping, it'll turn up.