Author Topic: RIP Steve Grimmett  (Read 478 times)

Online pg1067

RIP Steve Grimmett
« on: August 17, 2022, 12:13:35 PM »
"Steve Grimmett, the frontman of British heavy metal band Grim Reaper known for his piercing head voice, has died aged 62."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/aug/16/steve-grimmett-frontman-of-metal-band-grim-reaper-dies-aged-62

I remember hearing See You in Hell when I was in high school.  It was a game changer.  Unfortunately, GR's next two albums were not nearly as good.  I don't know anything about any of his other work, but I still love that first GR album.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline T-ski

Re: RIP Steve Grimmett
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 12:26:11 PM »
Sadly, the only thing I know this guy from is Beavis and Butthead.

That being said the guy could sing. RIP.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 12:53:21 PM »
I enjoyed his contribution to the lone Onslaught album he appeared on…but I thought Grim Reaper was without a doubt the STUPIDEST band I had ever heard in my life.

Everyone I knew thought they were a joke. Almost a parody of heavy metal instead of an actual metal band. Pretty much hand in hand with Manowar. But I suppose if you’re in the mood for an entire crate of Cheese Whiz, it does have a charm to it.

Anyway. Grimmet was awesome and I’ll just focus on that.

RIP
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online pg1067

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 01:01:56 PM »
Everyone I knew thought they were a joke. Almost a parody of heavy metal instead of an actual metal band. Pretty much hand in hand with Manowar. But I suppose if you’re in the mood for an entire crate of Cheese Whiz, it does have a charm to it.

I get that, but I thought See You in Hell was legit.  It wasn't until the next album that they went to far, and then the third album was over the edge.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung