Author Topic: Movies like this??  (Read 3133 times)

Offline JosephAOI

• DTF's resident Jewish Ninja
Movies like this??
« on: May 15, 2011, 09:44:18 PM »
Does anyone know if there are any sci-fi movies that have to do with aliens like The Faceless talk about on Planetary Duality? After listening to it a fair few times, it started to get me interested. I read on Wikipedia that the lyrics are based off the book 'Children Of The Matrix' by David Icke. Any info would be appreciated as this is seeming fairly interesting to me.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
Re: Movies like this??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 09:46:39 PM »
I'll try to think of some...(personally preferred Akeldama to PD btw)
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 09:48:21 PM »
Does anyone know if there are any sci-fi movies that have to do with aliens like The Faceless talk about on Planetary Duality? After listening to it a fair few times, it started to get me interested. I read on Wikipedia that the lyrics are based off the book 'Children Of The Matrix' by David Icke. Any info would be appreciated as this is seeming fairly interesting to me.

I'm sure several of us don't know what The Faceless talk about on Planetary Duality. Could you summarize what it is you're looking for? Maybe we could help.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »

I'm sure several of us don't know what The Faceless talk about on Planetary Duality. Could you summarize what it is you're looking for? Maybe we could help.

The lyrics follow a sci-fi theme of a reptillian race known as the Illuminati controlling the world and are based on the book "The Children of the Matrix" by David Icke.

So I'd assume movies that involve some sort of control theme, such as how in the matrix, humans are under the control/suppressed by the machines, but some resist, etc.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline JosephAOI

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:53:51 PM »
I'm not exactly 100% sure myself but from what I gather it's about a race of aliens (humanoid reptilians) that invade earth disguised as humans. Apparently it's a real conspiracy theory as well, proposed by David Icke.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 09:55:21 PM »
David Icke is crazy.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline JosephAOI

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 09:57:23 PM »
That's what people say but it's happened many times before when those certain people were telling the truth. Give me one good reason not to believe anything he has to say.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
David Icke is crazy.

I just read his wiki.  Holy S!!

That's what people say but it's happened many times before when those certain people were telling the truth. Give me one good reason not to believe anything he has to say.

No, he's nuts.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »
Sounds like the TV show V. Reptilian aliens come to earth disguised as humans.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 10:01:56 PM »
Sounds like the TV show V. Reptilian aliens come to earth disguised as humans.

I thought that too.  Adaimi, you've got to read David Icke's wiki page.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »

Because he has not a shred of proof for anything he says.

And everything he says is utterly ridiculous.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline JosephAOI

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »

No, he's nuts.
Him being nuts is beside the point, I'm just curious about the subject.
@Adami, I think that show was based off it (COTM) as well.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 10:11:02 PM »
On the subject of what?  Fantasy?  If you just love sci fi I get ya.

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 10:17:27 PM »
Let me get this straight:
Him being nuts is "beside the point" when you were asking for a reason not to believe the guy? Does not compute.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 10:20:42 PM »
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline JosephAOI

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
Yeah kinda, but it was The Faceless that got me interested so I was looking for movies more like that. And conspiracy theories interest me a little bit.
@slycordinator: I think everyone has a right to be listened to open mindedly and not simply written off as crazy because he's said some ridiculous stuff but some people believe what he says as much as some may believe in the bible.

Online Adami

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 10:23:51 PM »

Well it seems he claimed to be the son of god, and that the world would be destroyed in 1991.

But you could also read L. Ron Hubbard if you want crazy claims in sci-fi form.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 10:29:40 PM »

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

@slycordinator: I think everyone has a right to be listened to open mindedly and not simply written off as crazy because he's said some ridiculous stuff
I'd say keeping an open mind and considering the veracity of claims that the person has given over time are not mutually exclusive.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 08:45:03 AM »
For those not familiar with it, this is the sample from The Faceless song the OP is talking about (it's also on Faaip de Oiad by Tool): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3bld4lTG0
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 08:50:28 AM »
Just watch Starship Troopers. The aliens aren't reptilian but hey why the fuck not it's Starship Troopers.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 06:58:29 PM »
Just watch Starship Troopers. The aliens aren't reptilian but hey why the fuck not it's Starship Troopers.
That movie's awesome because it just doesn't give a fuck.
Listen! Do you smell something?