Author Topic: Earbuds advice  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Nic35

• Which seat can I take =/ ?
  • DTF.org Alumni
Earbuds advice
« on: May 14, 2011, 07:33:04 PM »
Here's the deal. My Bose earbuds are dead. Now I need new ones, and I need you guys to help me. I always have my iPod with me, so it's very important for me to have a good sound quality. My budget is 200$.

I already have wireless Sennheiser headphones at home and I love them. I checked the Sennheiser earbuds, but I'd like to know if there are better products out there. Thanks :tup
Jesus Christ himself* comes down amidst a choir of 2 billion angels singing Handel's Hallelujah chorus. As KrotchRaut shred randomly on guitars made of dragon bones using picks made from God's kidney stones, Jesus heals a blind woman who promptly gives birth onstage to a creation of pure light.

*Yes, Jesus Christ himself. Nothing less will do.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Earbuds advice
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »
I was thinking of making this thread for week now. I'm in the same position. Except I have a much smaller budget.

People can say what they want about Bose, but those earbuds were pretty good despite being a little bass heavy.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 09:34:48 PM »
The second tier Creative earbuds, EP-830, are great buys if you're keeping it below $50.  Over the years I've tried a number of brands in the $20-$50 price range and I now just own two of those.  Personally, going more expensive has just never been an option.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 11:27:15 PM »
I have the bose ones, and I've never had to buy a replacement.  Even though they say there is a one year warranty, they've always been generous with me.

I've pushed the issue because I love them.  Regardless of your headphones, occasionally release the twisting strain by putting the buds in your ears and let your iPod hang and untwist.

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:04:21 AM »

Never gets old posting this.

And uuugh, Bose.

Offline Bacong

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
lol bose

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:40:10 AM »
I use Bose and I think they're great.

It seems they've become the Apple of earbuds, but is anything actually wrong with them? Or is it just "Well.........you could get something equally as good for the same price" or something?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 11:07:56 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/CJHWa.jpg

And uuugh, Bose.

Heh, they list Creative's EP-630 as a value buy at $50-$100 but the product lists and sells much below that.  Even their next model, the EP-830, only lists at $50 and can obviously be found cheaper.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 08:34:34 PM »

And uuugh, Bose.

Yes, sir.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »
I use Bose and I think they're great.

It seems they've become the Apple of earbuds, but is anything actually wrong with them? Or is it just "Well.........you could get something equally as good for the same price" or something?
The latter but -I guess- replace "same price" for "less".

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 07:59:38 AM »
I picked up a pair of Westone 1's a few months ago and am very happy with them.  Single driver, as the name implies, but they've got a really good range, good enough for onstage in-ear monitors, certainly good enough for serious iPod use, and the price is right.  Westone 2's are like $300 and 3's weren't even in under consideration, but the 1's are great.

Click!

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 08:03:30 AM »
depends on the design you want too...my wife likes those inner ear ones...Skull Candy makes em....they've been ok, but they've died on her pretty quick..1-2 years.

Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 08:06:12 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/CJHWa.jpg

And uuugh, Bose.

Heh, they list Creative's EP-630 as a value buy at $50-$100 but the product lists and sells much below that.  Even their next model, the EP-830, only lists at $50 and can obviously be found cheaper.
Yeah, you can get EP-630s for £9.13 brand new on Amazon :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 04:39:08 PM »
Why is this the hardest research I've ever had to do before buying something?!
I'm here to beg for help.
I've been using this Sony earphones for at least 7 years/since I discovered them. It costs 9$ at Target and I get a new one every year or so. They feel comfortable in my ears, the line length is just right and it's easy to sleep in. It also gets loud enough for crowded places like airports or gyms. They also give you the comfort of knowing you won't face deep depression if they broke or got lost because it's cheap to replace.
Now I want quality, but I can't find anything the same shape. Something that won't break from violent treatments of someone who lives off his back pack. The good quality head phones are just too fuckin huge and obviously delicate for my frequent travel life style. The smaller stuff are the ear buds that feel like a dog is fucking you in the ear such as this
Help?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:59:58 PM by metty »
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.