Author Topic: Being Scammed At A Local McDonalds...  (Read 51366 times)

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
Re: Being Scammed At A Local McDonalds...
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2011, 06:51:03 PM »
Is everyone on this board too young to know who the McDonalds hamburgler is?

No, it's just not that funny.
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »

Yes tick, this is the not the first time this board has failed to laugh at one of your many pictures that are supposed to be funny simply because they involve black people in slightly off beat situations.

Offline ehra

« Reply #177 on: April 23, 2011, 07:00:34 PM »
In honor of this thread, I have once again modified my avatar. In it you see Bob Dylan (again) this time white paint on his face. Drawing attention to the fact that, even today, people feel the need to needlessly point out people's racial qualities.

Dylan was a bad-ass. So ahead of Kiss and Corpse Paint.
If you think that's what its about maybe your a racist? You can mention what a person looks like PC. Your avatar is ridiculous and so is your melodramatic stance over the whole thing.

:tick2:

For fuck's sake, tick. I haven't been melodramatic at all. You acted completely melodramatically, and if you can't handle people saying that why did you bother posting out your embarrassing behavior here? I usually take your side tick, but the way you can't even react to the subtlest suggestions from others has me thinking maybe its you who need thicker skin, not the board.

What about your post was subtle? Or a suggestion?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #178 on: April 23, 2011, 07:01:21 PM »
And what about it was from others?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2011, 07:19:02 PM »
In honor of this thread, I have once again modified my avatar. In it you see Bob Dylan (again) this time white paint on his face. Drawing attention to the fact that, even today, people feel the need to needlessly point out people's racial qualities.

If you think that's what its about maybe your a racist? You can mention what a person looks like PC. Your avatar is ridiculous and so is your melodramatic stance over the whole thing.

For fuck's sake, tick. I haven't been melodramatic at all. You acted completely melodramatically, and if you can't handle people saying that why did you bother posting out your embarrassing behavior here? I usually take your side tick, but the way you can't even react to the subtlest suggestions from others has me thinking maybe its you who need thicker skin, not the board.

UH oops.

Offline ehra

« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »

I made plenty of reasonable posts here. You ignored them all. And, frankly, every time someone even suggested that you could have handled it better you jumped down their throat and played the "oh, everyone's beating up tick again" card. This is getting so old. Like I said, I usually sympathize with you, but here I'm 1.) wondering why you posted this at all if you can't handle anything other than everyone agreeing with you and 2.) you seem to be going out of your way to make more enemies.

:lol

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »
Yeah, I need my morning coffee  ;D

Uh, so wait, I made plenty of subtle and suggestive posts? Were you asking about me?

Offline ehra

« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
You were commenting about how he reacts to the "subtlest suggestions from others" and I was wondering what was subtle and where the suggestion was in the post of yours that he had just quoted.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2011, 07:36:28 PM »
There's a lot of posts on the first couple pages from me, Kev, Barto, and so on that were ignored by tick. That's all I'm saying. He seems to be getting really defensive about this, even against people (like me) who were just making suggestions.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2011, 09:33:48 PM »

Yes tick, this is the not the first time this board has failed to laugh at one of your many pictures that are supposed to be funny simply because they involve black people in slightly off beat situations.
I did not post a picture of a Black person? Perhaps you should stop looking at thew world through your Black colored contacts? and since when are you the judge and jury on what's funny? or the official board spokesman for that matter? You really are drinking to much coffee or redbull or whatever your on.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2011, 09:37:22 PM »
You really are drinking to much coffee or redbull

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Whoa.

Why does the bull have to be red?  Come on, you're not even trying anymore.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »
 :millahhhh
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2011, 09:46:35 PM »

Well, there are many who agree with my reaction to the situation and just because you want to make me mentioning the kid was Black was racist, it does not make it racist, it just makes you off base on the issue. Also, my behavior was anything but embarrassing and I'm sorry you feel otherwise. I handled the situation perfectly as far as I'm concerned and I'm not ashamed of what I did, and would do it again if the situation presented itself.

What you need to do is stop redundantly playing the race card on this one because it does not apply, and your beating a dead horse. If the person was a fat middle aged white woman would you have called me out for mentioning that? Their is absolutely nothing wrong with being descriptive when telling a story to paint a visual in the readers mind. It does NOT mean I mentioned he was black because it had an ounce of bearing on what the kid did. If you think otherwise, your wrong.

Offline ehra

« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2011, 09:55:41 PM »
There's a lot of posts on the first couple pages from me, Kev, Barto, and so on that were ignored by tick. That's all I'm saying. He seems to be getting really defensive about this, even against people (like me) who were just making suggestions.

You changed your picture for no other reason than to give Tick crap for using the word black and then bashed his sense of humor, of course he's going to get defensive. Don't try to pass this off as "just making suggestions."

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »
man, this has turned into a full blown serious discussion.

anyways, i bet if you went again, this wouldn't happen. i think you put his scam to an end.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »

You changed your picture for no other reason than to give Tick crap for using the word black and then bashed his sense of humor, of course he's going to get defensive. Don't try to pass this off as "just making suggestions."

100% correct.  Just leave it alone PC.  I've met tick and he's a good guy.  Yes he types a little brash but it's not meant as a big F' you all.  People need to let this die.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »

100% correct.  Just leave it alone PC.  I've met tick and he's a good guy.  Yes he types a little brash but it's not meant as a big F' you all.  People need to let this die.
Thank you both.
PC, I don't really know what your motivation was for posting that avatar was but if you saw that as mature and justifiable, I'd love you to explain why you think it is? That avatar in my mind endorses the notion that your painting as a racist? Why else would you post it?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »
To razz you tick and to get a response that you just typed to prolong this conversation.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2011, 12:15:25 AM »
OK, I'm gonna try and just answer everything I have to say about the last page in a half in one post. This looks long, but it's not really a rant so...

@erha, my avatar isn't an "insult against tick." It's a comment, in general, on the argument needlessly pointing out color is just a "way of being descriptive." Why do people feel the need to say, "This black guy?" Why does the adjective come before the noun?

My personal rule of thumb is this: if the adjective could have come afterwards while still sounding like its usage is necessary, then it has a point and isn't just baiting people of a certain status. For example, "A black woman named Rosa Parks sat down on a bus when they told her she couldn't" is fine, because you could also say "Rosa Parks, a black woman, sat down on a bus when they told her she couldn't" and the information that she is black is clearly important in both cases. Now, let's change that around. What if I wanted to say "The retard at the baseball took a picture with Cliff Lee."? Would you say that? No, because if you frame it like "The guy at the baseball game, who was retarded, took a picture with Cliff Lee" it'd become obvious how unecessary that information actually is.  

In other words, if you can get away with calling someone a person, then there's no need to use so many descriptors. If you want to use a description, like "The black cashier stole my money" or "The cashier, a black guy, stole my money," you'd better be prepared to at least explain why you're paying such special attention to people's status. It's that simple.

tick's drew attention to details that were obvious, and didn't need to be there at all. He hasn't answered why, other than drawing attention to the fact that "it's a description!" Well, his writing doesn't seem to be filled with superflous descriptions in any other areas, so why the exception when dealing with people of color? I'm not saying "tick is a racist because he's chosen to highlight someone's race when it wasn't necessary at all," but when I read his original post I did ask myself that question. Normally, I wouldn't have brought it up, but others already had so I figured there was no harm in giving my comments as well. Again, knowing tick somewhat, I think it's probably more of a subconscious thing because we've been told "it's okay to talk that way," rather than a conscious decision to single out someone's race. But does make bringing it up any less warranted?

@tick, by extension, I certainly would have called you out if you were too go on mentioning a "fat middle aged person." Is that information necessary, or are you just throwing it in there? If you're just throwing it in there, people are going to ask why you feel it's so important we know all of that.

As far as your behavior goes, if you think you were completely justified that's fine. I'm wondering why your brought it up here at all. Did you want people to talk to you about it because you weren't sure of whether how you acted was in the right? That's what I assumed, so I'm surprised at the hostility you're showing toward people who think you were being a bit immature. Otherwise, if you were so sure that you were in the right, why bother bringing it up and talking about it at such great lengths anyway?

I've read your PM, and I'm sorry if you think my avatar is insulting to you. However, the change in avatar is something that I wanted to do anyway. I've been getting a lot into Dylan lately, and already had a Dylan avatar, and had planned on using his face-paint one eventually, with this thread just serving to remind me that I had wanted to make that change. I also find it ironic that you're calling for the removal of my avatar. You persistently post pictures of black people doing funny "out of the ordinary" things like smiling and laughing at eachother, and the pictures are supposed to be "funny" simply because they involve people, well, being black. Yet I post a picture of a white dude wearing white face paint, and you start trying to get people to play the sympathy card for you.

As far as whether those pictures are funny goes, this whole board has been judge and jury on that before, and I remember it being pretty skewed that very very few people ever think they are. Do you remember that? Do you even want to go there? I remember feeling bad for you during that phase, because while your jokes weren't funny people were doing some nasty things creating alt account and the like.

Again, I'm not saying your sense of humor makes you a racist-- other people are saying I said that but in my posts you won't find it said anywhere. What I'm saying is that it's annoying, and, I don't think it's really necessary. A personal anecdote: my grandpa, Dad, and some of my uncles sort of share in your sense of humor. They'll laugh at things like, say, a picture of a black person eating a watermelon, or a picture of Michelle Obama with a caption in ebonics. They preferace talking about people of color by highlighting that these people are, in fact, people of color; "A black at work...," "A 'brotha' in the mall," etc etc. Are they racist? No, not at all, and that's proven by their actions. It's just like the thread we had awhile ago about people against homosexuality being "bigots." This kind of thing is really more cultural baggage than anything. And, in my opinion, it's an aspect of our culture and the way we talk that I think we should forget about. Have I complained to these people in my family about my feelings on this? Of course. Do I bring it up every time they do so? No, I don't. It's not worth it to. Do I bring it up every time I notice you say something I feel is off-color? No, I don't. In this case, I didn't  bring it up either. Someone else did, and I'm just making a comment on that.

Still, you seem to make a habit of having your feelings hurt, man. I'd say I was sorry, but honestly I think you need to just thicken up. Stuff like this seems to happen on a monthly basis with you and I was always on your side with it, but now that I see how you've turned on me in an instant I'm starting to feel like its you who take this internet nonsense too seriously. Really, I never even called you a racist-- the minute I mentioned that mentioning the guy was black was unnecessary you flipped out and starting talking about how I see everything with "black colored glasses" or something. Defensive a bit?

EDIT: Oh, yeah; this is my last post in this thread. I won't reply to anything said to me, nor will I reply to any PMs on the subject-- so don't even go there.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:09:40 AM by Perpetual Change »

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2011, 01:04:03 AM »
I will just say one thing: over sensitiveness hurts almost as much as racism. The day people stop giving a fuck about race (and I mean this both ways) is the day we don't have a problem anymore.

Offline ehra

« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2011, 07:41:49 AM »
tick's drew attention to details that were obvious, and didn't need to be there at all. He hasn't answered why, other than drawing attention to the fact that "it's a description!" Well, his writing doesn't seem to be filled with superflous descriptions in any other areas, so why the exception when dealing with people of color?

Let's look at all of the things in Tick's post that are superfluous.

So every once in awhile I stop at Mcdonalds on my lunch break when I'm in a hurry and didn't bring anything for lunch.

How often and why he stops at McDonalds doesn't matter to the story.

I order a double cheeseburger and a small fry and it comes out to $2.43 with tax. I went a couple weeks ago and paid with a $5 dollar bill and was handed back $2.32 for change. I drove away and said, I was shortchanged a quarter?

How long ago he went and what he ordered don't need to be there, we could have easily just gotten the point if he talked about how he was shortchanged a quarter.

So a week later I go back and order the same thing and pay with a 5. Once again I receive $2.32 back instead of the $2.57 I should have. It was the same young Black male on the register. I thought is this kid stupid, or ripping people off? I was annoyed.

He said the kid was young? Why did he bother pointing out that minor detail? Now I'm not pointing any fingers here, but it sounds like something someone who has a thing against young people would say.

Also, who cares that he was annoyed, that it was a week later, or what he eats the same thing all the time? Get on with the story!

Yesterday I went back for the third time in about 3 weeks and ordered the same thing once more. I hear the kid say, "2.43 please". So I pull up to the window thinking, this kid better hand me back the right change or I'm gonna lose it.

Wow, looks like Tick sure is full of him self thinking that not only do we still care what he has to eat and when, but now he's telling us how he feels at the time! All I care about is what actually happens, Tick, not how it makes you feel.

I hand him a 5 and he hands me back my change. I look in my hand and see once again I am a quarter short. I say loudly to the closed window... "HEY!"
He opens the window and I look at him and say.."THIS IS THE THIRD FUCKING TIME IN 3 TRIES YOU SHORTCHANGED ME EXACTLY A QUARTER! EITHER YOUR FUCKING STUPID, OR SOMETHING ELSE IS GOING ON HERE! WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH YOU!" He panics and says, "I gave you the quarter sir, you dropped it on the ground I swear." I told him, no I did not. I would know if I dropped change out of my hand? I didn't. He says I gave it to you sir. I said, "just give me the fucking quarter now!"
I was so pissed when I drove off it stayed with me. I called this morning and told them they might want to watch this kid cause he is scamming his customers by shortchanging them. I also told his manager that when I called him on it, he panicked and said I dropped the quarter and when I asked him for  another quarter, he produced it immediately. I happen to know you can't open your drawer unless you are making a transaction without a manager. She said, you are correct, you can not. She asked for my name and number and I declined. I said, take my information as credible or don't but this kid is robbing people and he won't get caught because his drawer will never even come up short.
She thanked me repeatedly and said there will be a conversation with her superior about it.
I hope that asshole gets what he deserves.

Technically everything after those first two sentences could be considered completely unnecessary, since the whole point of the story is to show us how he was regularly getting ripped off for a quarter. This is a fucking epilogue.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2011, 07:46:14 AM »
How is this thread still open?
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2011, 07:48:45 AM »
As wide open as a drive-through window.

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2011, 08:01:13 AM »
This thread is ridiculous
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2011, 08:05:36 AM »
The thread should have stopped at the Photoshops.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2011, 08:26:38 AM »
An open letter to Perpetual Change.... or can I call you, Dr. Phil?

It matters not to me whether or not you respond, I know you will read it and that's good enough for me.

How do I start to adequately respond to an entire page of complete rubbish?

I'll at least try....

1. You have told me describing anything about the said thief is unnecessary?   Man, or woman, short or fat, black or white. None of it needs mention. I don't agree. Would you read a novel about a bunch of generic beings not knowing a thing about any of them?

2. "As far as your behavior goes, if you think you were completely justified that's fine. I'm wondering why your brought it up here at all. Did you want people to talk to you about it because you weren't sure of whether how you acted was in the right?"

Why post the thread to begin with? Well, probably because its a real event in my life I found interesting and found it post worthy. I don't relate to threads about video games and such so I would rather tell a tale of something that happened in my life figuring it might be interesting. Its not because I wanted to know if people would approve of my behavior?

3. Show me once where I requested removal of your avatar? I can't find it? I merely pointed out its tasteless.

4. Also, if your going to accuse me a repeatedly posting pictures of black people or making racial jokes pertaining to black people, you should be prepared to back up those offensive allegations? All I can say, is good luck with that one Doc?
I didn't post a picture of a black person in this thread for a joke so I'm confused as to what your talking about?

Your post in summation is a bunch of rambling nonsense filled with many words, and lacking any substance.
I'll bet I'm not the only one who recognizes that after reading it.
Have a nice day.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2011, 09:08:32 AM »
Well this thread was funny for a while but now it's just gotten silly. Everyone chill out already.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.