Author Topic: Priest movie!!  (Read 1302 times)

Offline jdprsaga

Priest movie!!
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:33:33 PM »
I don't know if already posted here but it would be pretty cool if they have itpoe featured on the movie sound track or something. could you imagine the intro of the movie with the intro of the song?? wow!

Offline Shadow2222

Re: Priest movie!!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »
That would be awesome  :metal

Too bad I'm sure it's not happening :(
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:01:55 PM »
Movie studio exec 1: "hey guys you know that visually interesting Korean comic book about this guy who sold his soul to save someone and now he's trying to redeem himself through three different periods of history?"

Movie studio exec 2: "Yeah.  So?  No one gives a shit about it."

Exec 1: "Well here's the good news!  We'll throw away anything slightly interesting and replace everything with vampires and matrix trenchcoats!  We'll make millions because people are batshit obsessed with vampires these days!"

Exec 2: *Mangini's*

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 02:04:27 PM »
It seems pretty unlikely to me. I doubt it would fit the movie to well. And the movie seems to have next to nothing to do with the graphic novel.

Graphic novel: Wandering priest who sells half his soul to the devil. The love of his life was taken from him (I think by cultists of fallen angels?) He then sets out on a quest for revenge against the fallen angels and to stop armageddon.

Movie: Some guy (seemingly a priest) fights some vampires in the distant, post apocalyptic future against the wishes of the church.

I doubt the music itself would fit for a lot plot, balls to the wall action flick. And even if it did, the plot of the song and the movie are pretty vastly different.

Also, SKD,  in the graphic novel the main chracter, Ivan Issacs did wear a trench coat of sorts. Just much more of a western style. He also had long silvery white hair. He doesn't seem to appear in the trailers.

Offline jdprsaga

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 02:27:25 PM »
I didn't know the plot were so different as in the trailer they said it's based on the graphic novel.. altho i never read the novel.

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 02:42:48 PM »
It's kind of like with half the video game movies that have come out. They say it's based on the video game, but they have very little to do with one another.

Or even with the other way around. Remember, the ET video game was marketed as "Based on the movie."

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 02:52:09 PM »
Only thing we're getting: a brilliant DT fan is gonna create a music video for ITPOE with footage from the movie that goes along with the lyrics.
And that would be cool.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »
Pretty sure there's already a thread about this in GD.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.