Author Topic: No, no, you NEED to watch THIS (or: More things that should never be covered)  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULmC8JTTVy0

Divas Live.

AC/DC.

I want to stab my ears out with a spoon.

Offline jsem

Blocked in my country due to copyright crap.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
:lol at 2:01

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULmC8JTTVy0

Divas Live.

AC/DC.

I want to stab my ears out with a spoon.

I don't have to click that to know what it is, it's Celine and Anastasia doing You Shook Me All Night Long isn't it?  One of the worst things I've ever heard!!
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
I saw that a while ago and I almost lost a TV from blacking out and tearing up the house. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Props to the first woman for being able to hope Angus-style in high heels.

No props for the actual cover, which was pretty bad. 

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
Hey Celine, is it really good for a man to "knock you out with those American thighs?"
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline ScottOfRedemption

• Banned
  • peaCOCK
https://www.last.fm/music/The+Funeral+Drums/Chaos+on+the+Rise
My theory is that teh progerz is teh porgerz as thus it's a must the has to fuck shit up.
It feels kind of weird saying this out loud, but...Scott is exactly right.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
OH MY GOD

MAKE IT STOP
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
I would probably find this more terrible than I already do if I actually liked AC/DC in the slightest.

:flame:
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
why would you want to cover one of the worst bands of all time

section of the thread title in parenthesis is more appropriate than the last thread because Nirvana is a better band
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

• Banned
  • peaCOCK
yeah I think(hope) he meant it should never be covered because its such a god awful song to begin with.
My theory is that teh progerz is teh porgerz as thus it's a must the has to fuck shit up.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
The last three posts are so unquestionably full of fail that I weep for humanity.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
The last three posts are so unquestionably full of fail that I weep for humanity.

Ditto.  AC/DC IS rock.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Exactly.  No two ways about it.

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
people liking AC/DC makes me weep for humanity
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
*checks age in profile*

No wonder.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
people liking AC/DC makes me weep for humanity

*Backhands*

yeah I think(hope) he meant it should never be covered because its such a god awful song to begin with.

*Dropkicks*

I would probably find this more terrible than I already do if I actually liked AC/DC in the slightest.

:flame:

*Grounded*
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
*checks age in profile*

No wonder.

Please explain what that has to do with anything :rollin :rollin

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
*checks age in profile*

No wonder.

It means that you aren't able to fully comprehend the brilliance and complex emotions behind AC/DC. 

Maybe when you're older. 

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
I never really liked AC/DC either, but they are my dad's favorite band, and both of my siblings love the band as well.

Then again, I like the "weird stuff," as they say. They aren't fans of DT, Rush, etc.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
*checks age in profile*

No wonder.

I mean that it comes as no surprise to me that three people 16 years younger than me were slagging AC/DC.  I'll presume that you've heard lots and lots of AC/DC and are making an informed argument.

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
Yes. I always give something more than a fair chance before forming an opinion one way or the other about it. There's just nothing to AC/DC, or, at least, nothing that grabs me.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Yes. I always give something more than a fair chance before forming an opinion one way or the other about it. There's just nothing to AC/DC, or, at least, nothing that grabs me.

This is the important part.  Thank you for including that in your remarks.  :tup

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
Thunderstruck is the only song that grabbed me, because it is different for them, IMO.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Riff Raff was always one of my favorites.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
I'm so glad I got to see them play a couple years ago.  Very very cool experience.  Great rock concert.  Plug in and play.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

• Banned
  • peaCOCK
I'm 20 actually. and I'd venture to say that the majority of AC/DC's current fan base is Middle Schoolers who think they're awesome (I was into them then too) and 30-40 something amateur guitar players. No offense, of course.
EDIT: the 30-40something was in reference to age not an amount of amateur guitarists

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
I think the arguments about the choice of song are pretty invalid.  Yes, YSMANL isn't ACDC's best but it is the song that made them stars and people really started taking notice of the band.  It is regarded as one of their most popular, if not their most popular song.  Do you really expect these two to cover Riff Raff, Whole Lotta Rosie, Let There Be Rock, Jailbreak, She's Got the Jack or Big Balls??
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Ħ

I hear this song on the radio a LOT, probably more than any other song.  I hate it.  I hate it so much.  What a terrible song.  It's disappointing to learn that it's AC/DC is behind it, providing that I understand that they are very popular.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
AC/DC is best listened while partying.

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
age argument on the for/against ac thunderbolt dc is hilarious.

grow older and THEN appreciate?!?! ...youth should be an excuse for rocking out to them, not the other way around.

more like...thinking theyre cool when one's 14 y.o. prior to such events as: developing an ear, discovering other the existance of other music, losing sheep-status, etc

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
I can appreciate Acca Dacca for being straight up balls in your mouth rock n roll.  I don't listen to them a lot though.  I really liked Razor's Edge and Ballbreaker back when I was younger. 

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
age argument on the for/against ac thunderbolt dc is hilarious.

grow older and THEN appreciate?!?! ...youth should be an excuse for rocking out to them, not the other way around.

more like...thinking theyre cool when one's 14 y.o. prior to such events as: developing an ear, discovering other the existance of other music, losing sheep-status, etc
The point is that the older generation grew up with that style of music so have more of a tendency to enjoy it, whereas some indie teenagers are considerably less likely to.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
Not a huge fan of AC/DC.  If I hear a song on the radio I'm not going to switch it off as fast as I can, but there are about a thousand bands I'd listen to before them.  Just not my style.

However, comments like this are just wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong:
Ditto.  AC/DC IS rock.