Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden dead.  (Read 55420 times)

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Osama Bin Laden dead.
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
Just to clarify again, I'm not against the celebration in general. That's fine.

But if you would murder a murderer, what makes you better than him? The fact the he murdered first?
Implode, this isn't one on one frontier justice.  It's the military's job to do so.  Like I said before this one person is symbolizes much more than a guy that kills one on on.  He's so much more.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2011, 12:36:38 PM »
I just heard it on the radio, so I'll try and find a link.

but apparently when the SEALS infiltrated the compound, it was corroborated by a member of the squad that Osama used a woman as a human sheild.

what a pathetic excuse for a human being.

But we shouldnt celebrate killing him. He's "human" too. :rollin

Yes he was. And so was hitler. In fact it was hitler who so famously denounced others as less than human. We are all human, no person is beneath that. When we start declaring a person or persons as sub human, we enter a world without humanity.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2011, 12:41:34 PM »

But if you would murder a murderer, what makes you better than him? The fact the he murdered first?

There is a difference between someone who has committed murder and someone who is a mass murderer.

Online Adami

« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2011, 12:42:45 PM »

There is a difference between someone who has committed murder and someone who is a mass murderer.

Yes. But both are human beings.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »

But they are all murders nonetheless, are they not?
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »
And I don't have a problem with murders getting the chair.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2011, 12:45:41 PM »
in a way, aren't we all murderers

of love

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2011, 12:50:24 PM »

nah i understand your point, and it makes sense.

at least to me - if someone murders a family member of mine, and I kill them in retaliation, those are two totally different things. If he did it first, it's murder. What I did was a justifiable retaliation. Same thing with Osama bin Moron.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »

Implode, this isn't one on one frontier justice.  It's the military's job to do so.  Like I said before this one person is symbolizes much more than a guy that kills one on on.  He's so much more.

Right. That's why the world is better off that he's now gone, and that's why celebration is expected. I understand that in war killing is unavoidable and expected. I'm not saying the military shouldn't have killed the man. This is a good victory.

Also, my last murder rebuddle was a general one, not specifically about Osama. At the same time, though, I wouldn't feel better saying, "Well he killed thousands, and I only killed one." You still killed, and I really don't want to get into quantifying the worth of specific human lives.

I'm just getting caught up in people wishing to desecrate the body or people who literally would've loved to shot him the head themselves. That's kind of scary.

Offline Compadre

• Progressive Zydeco Enthusiast
  • "Dance with the one who brung ya"
« Reply #219 on: May 02, 2011, 12:52:27 PM »
Osama Bin Laden was a coward, hiding out in a mansion/guarded-compound while the corrupted minds of impressionable Muslims concocted and carried out suicide attacks throughout the world.

Bin Laden was a hypocrite & deserves no respect other than as a human and as an extremely adept & resilient adversary to the U.S. & anyone else that stood in his way.

From my own studies in world theology, the Q'ran describes an "anti-christ" like figure who distorts the words of Mohammed & carries out false Jihad.  I think OBL is the closest the world has ever come to this person described in Islam's most holy book.

As I have said in an earlier page in this thread, psychological victories are just as devastating to the enemy & uplifting to the morale & resolve of the other side (in this case, the U.S.)

/ramble

Learning Lessons & Living Blessings

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #220 on: May 02, 2011, 12:54:15 PM »

Right. That's why the world is better off that he's now gone, and that's why celebration is expected. I understand that in war killing is unavoidable and expected. I'm not saying the military shouldn't have killed the man. This is a good victory.

Also, my last murder rebuddle was a general one, not specifically about Osama. At the same time, though, I wouldn't feel better saying, "Well he killed thousands, and I only killed one." You still killed, and I really don't want to get into quantifying the worth of specific human lives.

I'm just getting caught up in people wishing to desecrate the body or people who literally would've loved to shot him the head themselves. That's kind of scary.

yeah, you definitely made a good point in your original post. I think people are misconstruing that with sympathy for Osama, which totally isn't the case.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #221 on: May 02, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »

So should the marine/soldier/whatever that killed Osama bin Laden get the chair?
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #222 on: May 02, 2011, 01:03:05 PM »

Yeah, I think the more appropriate response to your post isn't how many people were killed in each scenario, but rather the fact that not all killing is murder.  Bin Laden was not murdered.

So should the marine/soldier/whatever that killed Osama bin Laden get the chair?

No.  Bin Laden was not murdered.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #223 on: May 02, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »
Care to elaborate?
space cadet, pull out.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #224 on: May 02, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
No what bosk said.

Offline MetalMike06

• DT.net Member
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »
What's sorta bothering me about all this now is just how much we realize Osama was in the back of our minds all these years. This is the guy that basically started this whole thing, masterminded it all. Yet, did it really take 100,000+ troops in the middle east to find and kill this guy? Is that why they're REALLY over there? No. A tiny seals team with coordinated intelligence did what we supposedly spent 10 years, thousands of lives, and trillions of dollars trying to achieve. So are any troops coming home now? Of course not - because there's other "interests". I know everybody's saying, "but the fight isn't over - we have to stop Al Qaeda!" But honestly, is that really gonna be achieved by occupying a couple select Islamic nations, much less will it even hinder rather than motivate their growth? Al Qaeda is in DOZENS of countries; they're not confined to borders.

I'm totally rambling on, but killing this guy should have been our main objective all along and now it's just being treated like a backdrop, as if "the fight isn't over." Will it ever be? What are even the objectives now?

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2011, 01:07:10 PM »
Bin Laden was exterminated. You don't call it murder when you kill a cock roach.

Offline Compadre

• Progressive Zydeco Enthusiast
  • "Dance with the one who brung ya"
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »
Hell hath frozen over: https://tumblr.thedailywh.at/post/5136524655/frozen-hell-of-the-day-on-his-show-today-rush

Unity is something America has been lacking for quite some time.  It feels great to be American today.
Learning Lessons & Living Blessings

Online Adami

« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »
Bin Laden was exterminated. You don't call it murder when you kill a cock roach.

This saddens me.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline unklejman

« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2011, 01:09:07 PM »
Yeah he's dead, doesn't matter. I won't wish death on anyone, and he'll get what's coming. But that's not something to celebrate.

I'll celebrate when we get our noses out of the Mid-East, which I don't see happening soon.

I agree. At this point, it is isn't much more than an emotional feel good moment for some with vengeful desire. There is nothing strategic about it.

And didn't the U.S., the CIA in particular, create the monster to begin with?

The whole reason we are having these problems over there is because of our continuous medling with mid-eastern affairs. Bring the troops home, for the love of life.

How many have died in this pointless "war on terror?" More than were killed at the world trade center.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2011, 01:09:37 PM »
Care to elaborate?

Okay.  As I said, by definition:

not all killing is murder.  

Murder is "the unlawful killing of a human being by another with malice aforethought."

The execution of Bin Laden was neither unlawful or done with malice.  (nor was it unjustified, for that matter)  

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2011, 01:10:05 PM »
The apparent lack of care for humanity in these threads is kind of messed up.

He's wasn't a good guy by any means, and he certainly had a lot to account for, but he was a human being just like you and me.
space cadet, pull out.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2011, 01:12:15 PM »
Care to elaborate?

Okay.  As I said, by definition:

not all killing is murder. 

Murder is "the unlawful killing of a human being by another with malice aforethought."

The execution of Bin Laden was neither unlawful or done with malice.  (nor was it unjustified, for that matter) 

So because the USA said it was OK to kill him, it isn't murder?

It makes sense politically but I'd like to think that there are higher standards that humans as a species should at least respect.
space cadet, pull out.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2011, 01:14:28 PM »
So because the USA said it was OK to kill him, it isn't murder?

No.  Because (1) he committed capital crimes and (2) was waging war against the USA, it isn't murder.  The USA merely "saying it is okay" has nothing to do with it.

It makes sense politically but I'd like to think that there are higher standards that humans as a species should at least respect.

Care to elaborate?

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2011, 01:15:23 PM »
The apparent lack of care for humanity in these threads is kind of messed up.

He's wasn't a good guy by any means, and he certainly had a lot to account for, but he was a human being just like you and me.

And the apparent lack of common sense among some people in this thread is also kind of messed up.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2011, 01:15:54 PM »

You need to knock that off.  I give quite a bit of leeway for expressing different viewpoints in this forum, but you appear to be simply trying to fan the flames.  You need to tone it down.  That goes for your most recent post as well.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2011, 01:18:59 PM »
The "he wasn't a good guy by any means" is so offensive i don't even know where to start. Ok here i'll try...

He was a FUCKING MASS MURDERING TERRORIST, who wanted nothing mare than to see millions of innocent humans dead. This is why they have been trying to obtain nuclear weaponry for a long time now. To kill millions of people.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2011, 01:19:52 PM »

Care to elaborate?

I'd like to believe that there are at least some objective moral standards in this world. I would hope that not killing each other would be one of them.

As it stands, Osama's death is seen as justified to Americans, but as murder to people in Al Qaeda. In a relative world, neither side is wrong, and both are right.

As a Christian, wouldn't you be inclined to agree with me?
space cadet, pull out.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2011, 01:20:29 PM »

You need to knock that off.  I give quite a bit of leeway for expressing different viewpoints in this forum, but you appear to be simply trying to fan the flames.  You need to tone it down.  That goes for your most recent post as well.

Not trying to flame, just trying to make a point like everyone else in here.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2011, 01:22:16 PM »
The "he wasn't a good guy by any means" is so offensive i don't even know where to start. Ok here i'll try...

He was a FUCKING MASS MURDERING TERRORIST, who wanted nothing mare than to see millions of innocent humans dead. This is why they have been trying to obtain nuclear weaponry for a long time now. To kill millions of people.
All valid points, but as in real life, on this forum it isn't just what you say, but how you say it.  It is the latter point that you are failing at.   But I'm not going to ask you again to tone it down.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2011, 01:22:37 PM »

He was a FUCKING MASS MURDERING TERRORIST, who wanted nothing mare than to see millions of innocent humans dead. This is why they have been trying to obtain nuclear weaponry for a long time now. To kill millions of people. Fuck him, and fuck everyone who tries to act like they are above everyone else because it's "wrong" to be happy about his death.

I don't even think you have his intentions down correctly. From my understanding, he had a distorted view of Islam and believed that it was his holy duty to kill (or lead to the killing) of non-Muslims. In his view, we were guilty.

Again, I bring up the relativist argument. If we don't hold ourselves to some sort of higher morality that trumps our own government, are we not on the same level as Osama?
space cadet, pull out.

Online Adami

« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »

Ah, it seems you edited the insults out before I could quote you properly.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2011, 01:24:11 PM »

He was a FUCKING MASS MURDERING TERRORIST, who wanted nothing mare than to see millions of innocent humans dead. This is why they have been trying to obtain nuclear weaponry for a long time now. To kill millions of people. Fuck him, and fuck everyone who tries to act like they are above everyone else because it's "wrong" to be happy about his death.

I don't even think you have his intentions down correctly. From my understanding, he had a distorted view of Islam and believed that it was his holy duty to kill (or lead to the killing) of non-Muslims. In his view, we were guilty.

Again, I bring up the relativist argument. If we don't hold ourselves to some sort of higher morality that trumps our own government, are we not on the same level as Osama?

I never said that. I think we should hold ourselves more accountable than anyone. I disagree with the majority of the policies of this country.

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2011, 01:25:27 PM »

Care to elaborate?

I'd like to believe that there are at least some objective moral standards in this world. I would hope that not killing each other would be one of them.

As it stands, Osama's death is seen as justified to Americans, but as murder to people in Al Qaeda. In a relative world, neither side is wrong, and both are right.

Nope.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »

Care to elaborate?

Agree about what part of your post?

That we should have a higher moral standard than the minimum our government sets out?  Yes.

That we shouldn't kill each other?  Mostly.  I would agree that we shouldn't murder.  But there are instances where killing is not murder and is justified.

That we look at Bin Laden's death differently than al quaeda?  Without question.

That both sides are right?  No, not at all.