News:

Dream Theater Forums:  Still "a thing" since 2007.

Main Menu

zxlkho's Song Roulette (Finished now)

Started by zxlkho, April 30, 2011, 10:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zxlkho

antigoon

ClairvoyantCat

antigoon

I think I'm just going to try to send you stuff you wouldn't usually listen to.

ClairvoyantCat

I sent

now where the fuck are the new results

zxlkho

Quote from: antigoon on May 01, 2011, 04:34:26 PM
I think I'm just going to try to send you stuff you wouldn't usually listen to.
That's the idea, derp.

antigoon

zxlkho

Ravenheart

LieLowTheWantedMan

Yeah they sound like Periphery only they don't have a terrible vocalist to ruin every bit of the music. :D

zxlkho

It's too bad their music isn't as interesting as Periphery's. :P

Quadrochosis

ariich

Quote from: LieLowTheWantedMan on May 01, 2011, 06:16:42 PM
Yeah they sound like Periphery only they don't have a terrible vocalist to ruin every bit of the music. :D
wat

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

sonatafanica

skydivingninja

I like how Gorille and dtismajesty sent songs they sent me in my roulette.

zxlkho

I should mention that I haven't been able to stop listening to Gorille's song since I posted though results.

and for some reason it won't scrobble on last.fm :(

zxlkho

Still need Lateralus88, Gorille85, LieLowthewhateverman.

AcidLameLTE

LieLowTheWantedMan

I'll send mine once I think of dark music you aren't familiar with that isn't incredibly incredibly weird.

zxlkho

LieLowTheWantedMan

zxlkho

antigoon

just send a song, we need to take advantage of his excitement and eagerness while it lasts!

ClairvoyantCat

But then we'd still be waiting for mister Lageralus88 over there. 

ariich

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.

LieLowTheWantedMan

Quote from: ariich on May 02, 2011, 02:57:44 PM
Quote from: LieLowTheWantedMan on May 02, 2011, 02:51:00 PM
My weird is pretty damned weird though. :P
SEND HIM SCOTT WALKER
I was actually thinking of sending him that song you sent. :lol

ClairvoyantCat

SEND HIM SCOTT WALKER

I actually came very close to sending him a song off of Tilt...

zxlkho

ariich

Quote from: dtismajesty on May 02, 2011, 02:59:41 PM
SEND HIM SCOTT WALKER

I actually came very close to sending him a song off of Tilt...
Tilt is a really great album.

I sent LLTWM a song from The Drift, which is probably the freakiest and most horrifying album I've ever heard. :lol

lateralus88

I SENT MY SONG IN BY THE WAY JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW

zxlkho

Round 2 results:
This round was very interesting. There were 3 clear levels in terms of how much I liked the songs. The first was Joe, Zander, and Alex's songs, then all the songs that scored 3, then the other two. I couldn't pick a song out of that middle group to give a 2, so I just gave them all 3's. Deal with it, you douchebags. You all suck for sending so much good music.

5 antigoon: Broken Bells – "The High Road":
I LOVED this song. The whole song has a hip hop type feel throughout, which I really liked. The other highlight is the vocals, which are stunning. Amazing song. I've already listened to this album once since I heard this. :metal

4 ravenheart: Sarah Fimm – "Story of Us":
Seriously, where do you find all of these Sarahs and Emilies? This song was amazing, she has a great voice, and I loved the electronic elements. Again, I've already listened to this album a bit after hearing this.

4 Lateralus88: Novembre – "Swim Seagull In The Sky":
I knew I wouldn't dislike this. I have Novembre's Materia and I love that album, but I don't have anything else by them. This clearly has a very different style in that it's much heavier and has death vocals (they're kind of like Opeth). I really liked this song and I'll be checking them out more.

3 Dtismajesty: Bersarin Quartett – "St. Petersburg":
This was... gorgeous. That's the only way I can really describe it. I enjoyed this a lot.

3 AcidRainLTE: Deadsoul Tribe - "Feed (Part 1 - Stone By Stone)":
The Tool influence is so evident here. I really loved the opening guitar riff and how it grew throughout the song. This was great, and I'll definitely be downloading this album.

3 Gorille85: Stolen Babies – "Lifeless":
I've heard of these guys somewhere before, probably on Daedalus Radio or in another thread somewhere. Anyway, I really, really enjoyed this, and it definitely fits the theme of "dark" very well. That chick's voice is really great.

3 Quadrochosis: Peter Gabriel – "Signal to Noise":
This was not what I thought Peter Gabriel would sound like at all(I haven't listened to his solo stuff at all before). With that said, I liked this quite a bit. There was a constant buildup throughout the song which I thought was pretty cool. Good song.

2 LieLowTheWantedMan: Dem Guten, Schonen,Wahren – "Amon Duul II":
What is this I don't even. The music was wonderful but THOSE VOX. That's probably the weirdest thing I've ever heard. :lol Not sure if I could see myself enjoying this in the future, but it was definitely an interesting listen. :P

1 Sonatafanica: Disasterpeace – "At the Zombie Gates":
Okay, maybe chiptune isn't my thing. This was kinda cool, but I really didn't see why this had to be 8 bit. I thought it could be a lot better if it wasn't. :\

Round 3: Something heavy. Interpret this any way you want. It obviously could mean metal, or it could mean something aggressive vocally or even lyrically.

EDIT: Scores.
Quadrochosis 8
antigoon 8
Gorille85 7
ravenheart 7
Lateralus88 7
sonatafanica 5
dtismajesty 5
AcidRainLTE 5
LieLowTheWantedMan 3

ClairvoyantCat

zxlkho

ClairvoyantCat

No get that shit out of here.  I hate you. 

skydivingninja

How dare you give Peter Gabriel anything less than 5 and Disasterpeace anything less than a 4.