News:

Video of online chat between fans and members of Dream Theater:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8cLlXnHpA&feature=youtu.be (*no chickens were harmed during the filming of this chat)

Main Menu

zxlkho's Song Roulette (Finished now)

Started by zxlkho, April 30, 2011, 10:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quadrochosis

what the fuck is the deal with this roulette? is it cancelled?

LieLowTheWantedMan

Quote from: zxlkho on May 12, 2011, 07:16:07 PM
Okay guys, blame Zack (and Joe, still...) for me not having results up right now. He made me listen to his shit Daedalus Radio instead of roulette songs. What a dick.
For 4 days?

zxlkho

shut up I've been busy and stuff

I'll do them tonight.

zxlkho

I hate you all.

5 sonatafanica: Phantogram – "Mouthful of Damonds":
Yeah, so I really like triphop, particularly Massive Attack and Portishead. I've been meaning to check out Phantogram for a while but I never got around to it. I'll definitely look into them now.

4 antigoon: Florence + The Machine – "Cosmic Love":
This was awesome. I won't write any more because you are a douche and you posted it in the thread instead of PMing me.

4 ClairvoyantDouche: Shpongle – "Around the World in a Tea Daze":
To be honest, I always thought Shpongle was one of those mindfuck metal bands. Instead they're mindfuck electronic! :lol I fucking loved this song from the very beginning. You were right about the flute solos :hefdaddy Excellent song.

3 ravenheart: Emilie Simon – "Dame de lotus":
This song has a pop vibe throughout, which I wasn't really big on, but wow her vocals were so great. From looking her up, some of her stuff is labeled triphop, so I'll definitely check her out further.

3 Quadrochosis: Blue Foundation – "Eyes on Fire (Zeds Dead Remix)":
Okay, so I've heard this once before on your radioshow. I've been pretty vocal with my dislike of dubstep before, but I quite liked this. It's a lot more subtle dubstep than most other stuff that I've heard. Good song.

3 Lateralus88: Gorillaz – "Dirty Harry":
Holy fuck what am I watching. That video was so weird. :lol Anyway, this is a pretty good chill song. The only thing I really disliked was the rap section near the end. It was still enjoyable though.

2 Gorille85: Mr. Bungle – "Desert Search for Techno Allah":
Well, this song was weird as hell. It was strangely catchy starting about half way through though. Good song. :tup

2 LieLowTheWantedMan: Tangerine Dream – "Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares":
So this wasn't electronic so much as it was ambient. It's all good though, I liked it.

1 AcidRainLTE: Microsoft – "Windows XP Startup"
Words cannot describe the brilliance of this song. I nearly died while listening to this because my lungs collapsed from the epic crescendo in the middle section. Because of physical harm, I am penalizing you 4 points, so you only get 1.

Round 5: Send me a short song. Anything goes.

Quadrochosis 14
ClairvoyantDouche 14
antigoon 14
ravenheart 13
sonatafanica 13
Gorille85 13
Lateralus88 12
LieLowTheWantedMan 9
AcidRainLTE 7

mizzl

Quote from: zxlkho on May 17, 2011, 02:02:59 PM
1 AcidRainLTE: Microsoft – "Windows XP Startup"
Words cannot describe the brilliance of this song. I nearly died while listening to this because my lungs collapsed from the epic crescendo in the middle section. Because of physical harm, I am penalizing you 4 points, so you only get 1.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

LieLowTheWantedMan

Quote from: mizzl on May 17, 2011, 02:04:23 PM
1 AcidRainLTE: Microsoft – “Windows XP Startup”
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Oh my god. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

EDIT: Sent

skydivingninja

Harry is the best person on the Internet to ever have existed.

zxlkho

mizzl

lateralus88

I'm kind of sad Dirty Harry didn't get more points, but I'm not too surprised you didn't like the rap section near the end. It took several listens to really grow on me.

Also sent.

ariich

To be honest, I always thought Shpongle was one of those mindfuck metal bands. Instead they're mindfuck electronic! :lol I fucking loved this song from the very beginning. You were right about the flute solos :hefdaddy Excellent song.
Incredible song from an incredible album! :D

And LOL at Harry's entry. :lol

Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on May 10, 2023, 05:59:19 PMAriich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
Quote from: TAC on December 21, 2023, 06:05:15 AMI be am boner inducing.

ClairvoyantCat

Man I don't know who this "clairvoyantdouche" guy is but he is sending some awesome stuff!  :neverusethis:

But yeah, really glad you liked it.  "Mindfuck electronic" actually seems like quite a fair term to apply to them! 

AcidLameLTE

ClairvoyantCat

zxlkho

I don't give a shit. Keep it reasonable though.

ClairvoyantCat

zxlkho

antigoon

AcidLameLTE

I actually sent in a serious entry this time

ricky

lol claircat

zxlkho

ClairvoyantCat

Lovely music has been discharged to your inbox...

Dr. DTVT

Harry, since I am at the same school and of higher rank than letters, I declare you the winner of this roulette.

AcidLameLTE

Portrucci

Hah, when I saw the word Sphongle, that's exactly the song I was hoping to see. Great track....the last 1/3 is just brilliant.  :hefdaddy

2 LieLowTheWantedMan: Tangerine Dream – "Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares":
So this wasn't electronic so much as it was ambient. It's all good though, I liked it.
It's a disgrace that song is so low  :'( I still tear up every-time I listen to it...beauty beyond words. Though if you weren't already a fan of ambient I can see why it wouldn't be as engaging as these other tracks.

Anyway, carry on....this is a good roulette  :corn

antigoon

Ravenheart

.... I actually forgot to send a song for this round  :lol

zxlkho

Send me your songs, I'll listen to them tomorrow.

Gorille85

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

zxlkho

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

zxlkho

Jamesman42

\o\ lol /o/

Gorille85