Author Topic: Obama, the daily thread on policy, and anything Obama  (Read 49634 times)

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
Re: Obama, the daily thread on policy, and anything Obama
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »
t'would be cool to have a democracy at some point

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2011, 02:58:19 PM »

Maybe when it's another country.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »
Obama, bush, not much difference. That's the problem with this country. No matter who is in charge things aren't going to change much and that's a shame. The defense contractors, the health insurance companies, and wall street have these politicians in their back pocket and republican or democrat isn't going to make a difference.
Of course I agree with you, but there's more to it than just the interest groups.  The media bears a great deal of responsibility for the polarization that we have now.  Much like politicians rely on divide and conquer, the media outlets have to do the same.  There's no market for non-sensationalized facts.  Certainly a dipshit electorate plays a huge role in this mess as well.  Half won't vote, and the half that will votes with the same deliberation that they would for prom queen (but much more passion).  Campaigns are geared towards the lowest common denominator.  And lastly, the system itself just didn't work out.  The framers got plenty right, but they certainly bungled some stuff as well.  Nice try, but at the end of the day they failed.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2011, 03:40:46 PM »
Obama, bush, not much difference. That's the problem with this country. No matter who is in charge things aren't going to change much and that's a shame. The defense contractors, the health insurance companies, and wall street have these politicians in their back pocket and republican or democrat isn't going to make a difference.
Of course I agree with you, but there's more to it than just the interest groups.  The media bears a great deal of responsibility for the polarization that we have now.  Much like politicians rely on divide and conquer, the media outlets have to do the same.  There's no market for non-sensationalized facts.  Certainly a dipshit electorate plays a huge role in this mess as well.  Half won't vote, and the half that will votes with the same deliberation that they would for prom queen (but much more passion).  Campaigns are geared towards the lowest common denominator.  And lastly, the system itself just didn't work out.  The framers got plenty right, but they certainly bungled some stuff as well.  Nice try, but at the end of the day they failed.

Agree 100 percent.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2011, 02:50:37 AM »
Bosk, just out of curiosity: if Obama i s one of the worst presidents of your lifetime where is Bush placed? I've asked you .something like this before and didn't get an answer. Im asking again, not because I just want to give you a hard time, but because I am actually still curious to learn what policies have changed in the last two years enough to set all the patriots off their rockers.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2011, 03:01:39 AM »
amazing how they are so sure this idgit is a genius, who now just cant talk?

Offline PraXis

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2011, 07:10:33 AM »

No thanks. I'll keep my Republic over the 51% telling me how they want me to live.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »

No thanks. I'll keep my Republic over the 51% telling me how they want me to live.

Implying that doesn't already happen?...

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »
No, at the moment 10% of people tell the rest how they want us to live.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »
I have much more faith in a mob of 51 percent than I do in the top ten percent of elites, or 12 hand-plucked Constitution scholars for that matter.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2011, 10:19:16 AM »

You beat me to it Praxis..well said
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2011, 10:20:29 AM »

So, Praxis, if I understand you right, you'd rather have a minority tell you what to do than a majority?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2011, 10:24:37 AM »
Mock scenario:

In 10 years,The Muslims out populate the Judeo/Christians in America.  should we allow Sharia law if the majority here can vote that they want it?

thats why we are a republic.. for the protection of the constitution.

"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
Mock scenario:

In 10 years,The Muslims out populate the Judeo/Christians in America.  should we allow Sharia law if the majority here can vote that they want it?

thats why we are a republic.. for the protection of the constitution.

space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2011, 10:29:39 AM »
Mock scenario:

The Muslims out populate the Judeo/Christians in America.  should we allow Sharia law if the majority here can vote that they want it?

that why we are a republic.. for the protection of the constitution

If the top 10 percent elites want the patriot act even though it violates the Constitution, should we allow it simply because they get to run the show and appoint the judges?

Seems to me the "republic" only protects the constitution when it serves the interests of keeping the "status quo." I think what blacks had to do to get some rights in this country and what other non-racial minorities are facing now is a great example of what a fraud the Constitution system can be on the scale of protecting people's  against the "tyranny of the majority."

I admittedly don't know much about the Constitution, but for all the hyperbole the libertarians and Constitutional Conservatives have on their side, I can't actually think of one time where the Constitution or the Supreme Court protected anyone that wasn't a part of (or close enough to) the "tyrannic majority" representation of society anyway. 

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2011, 10:30:41 AM »
No.  We should allow them to elect Muslim senators who would then enact sharia, while at the same time pass all sorts of other laws enabling them to get filthy stinking rich and take care of their corporate masters.  

And by the way, there's really little difference between the sharia that you're so frightened of and the fascism that you embrace (as long as it's pre-2008, that is).
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »
No.  We should allow them to elect Muslim senators who would then enact sharia, while at the same time pass all sorts of other laws enabling them to get filthy stinking rich and take care of their corporate masters.  

And by the way, there's really little difference between the sharia that you're so frightened of and the fascism that you embrace (as long as it's pre-2008, that is).

I dont agree bro.. Id say there is a huge difference.. you kinda lost me on that analogy

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2011, 10:40:45 AM »
Bosk, just out of curiosity: if Obama i s one of the worst presidents of your lifetime where is Bush placed? I've asked you .something like this before and didn't get an answer. Im asking again, not because I just want to give you a hard time, but because I am actually still curious to learn what policies have changed in the last two years enough to set all the patriots off their rockers.

Still undecided.  Probably somewhere in the middle.  But I have to say, we haven't had a very good run overall in the last 40 years or so, so even putting him in the middle of that group isn't exactly a glowing review.  :lol
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »
I've only been through 3, but I think Clinton was great to be honest.
Aside from his personal life, which doesn't matter, and, more importantly, his supportive stance on suffocating half-born children....

Offline PraXis

« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »

So, Praxis, if I understand you right, you'd rather have a minority tell you what to do than a majority?

I'd rather our elected representatives follow the Constitution and only make changes if 2/3 consensus are reached to amend the Constitution.

The elites will control everything until the Federal Reserve (private, central bank) is abolished.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2011, 11:33:14 AM »
Aside from a few social issues, Obama and W are pretty much identical presidents. Anything that anyone says to the contrary is not only extremely partisan, but wrong.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »
That is a dreadful website.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2011, 11:49:30 AM »
Aside from a few social issues, Obama and W are pretty much identical presidents. Anything that anyone says to the contrary is not only extremely partisan, but wrong.

thats incorrect..they are NOT the same at all..

is that some sort of acedemic mantra that is being taught in the schools? to me all that says 'Obama is horrible, and we all know it, but lets just say he is the same as GWB".

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2011, 11:50:39 AM »
That is a dreadful website.

why is it dreadful.??

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2011, 11:51:28 AM »
Bad writing, bad journalism, and the comments section makes me want to set fire to things.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2011, 11:52:45 AM »
What the hell is a jobs president?
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2011, 11:53:11 AM »
Bad writing, bad journalism, and the comments section makes me want to set fire to things.

LOL... thats funny!!!!

I enjoy it.  XJ, what sites do you enjoy?

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2011, 11:54:27 AM »
As in for news/commentary? Generally the BBC will be my first point of call.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2011, 11:55:10 AM »
What the hell is a jobs president?

one that understands how jobs are created, by allowing the priciples of business to shine to allow for new products, marketsto be created, tax breaks to create jobs, rewarding of R & D, and jobs to be stimulated in the private sector which created 80% of all jobs..

Obama is a business moron.. he still cant get it.. and its becasue he does not want to get it, and is a puppet of Soros. Obama never had a job, never created a job,.. unless one considers writing books on his amazing life story.. LOL
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:30:55 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2011, 11:55:53 AM »
As in for news/commentary? Generally the BBC will be my first point of call.

and you believe the BBC to be fair? I do not

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2011, 11:56:51 AM »
Fairer than most. Why do you not trust them?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2011, 12:04:59 PM »

They have alwasy had a liberal , anti Israel slant, and to me are greatly over rated.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2011, 12:18:53 PM »

They have alwasy had a liberal , anti Israel slant, and to me are greatly over rated.
As seen from somebody with a monumental slant of their own.  You see things from your own pro-America/Israel perspective, so anything neutral will automatically appear biased to you. 
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »

As seen from somebody with a monumental slant of their own.  You see things from your own pro-America/Israel perspective, so anything neutral will automatically appear biased to you.  

nope.. when the BBC calls terrorists "Freedom Fighters" and that stuff.. pretty easy to see what slant they are trying to give.
pretty much bias 101.
https://honestreporting.com/the-bbc-during-the-gaza-war-biased-coverage-of-the-conflict-2/

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:46:57 PM by EPICVIEW »