Author Topic: Obama, the daily thread on policy, and anything Obama  (Read 49630 times)

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
Re: Obama, the daily thread on policy, and anything Obama
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »
nope.. when the BBC calls terrorists "Freedom Fighters" and that stuff.. pretty easy to see what slant they are trying to give.
pretty much bias 101.
"Freedom fighter" gives them a positive slant just like "terrorist" gives them a negative one. You could easily argue in a lot of cases that both definitions are accurate. Just because the slant they're trying to give is in the opposite direction than the slant that you're trying to show doesn't make them any more or less biased than any other news organization.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2011, 12:39:52 PM »
nope.. when the BBC calls terrorists "Freedom Fighters" and that stuff.. pretty easy to see what slant they are trying to give.
pretty much bias 101.
"Freedom fighter" gives them a positive slant just like "terrorist" gives them a negative one. You could easily argue in a lot of cases that both definitions are accurate. Just because the slant they're trying to give is in the opposite direction than the slant that you're trying to show doesn't make them any more or less biased than any other news organization.

It does..

so lets call murders.."freedom wanting oppressed people" ..why call them murderers?

its about tying to give the same moral equivelence, drum up sympathy and justify the act of the agrressor as the victim and to blame the victim that they deseved to be destroyed
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2011, 12:44:35 PM »
Some people labeled terrorist are freedom fighters.

Some people labeled freedom fighters are terrorists.

Some people labeled terrorist are terrorists.

Some people labeled freedom fighters are freedom fighters.

It's all about intent, means and ultimate goals. Not whether or not you agree with them.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2011, 12:45:12 PM »
I completely agree that calling the perpetrators of 9/11 (or similar types of attacks) anything but terrorists is wrong. However, a militant in Iraq trying to kill US soldiers with a roadside or suicide bombing is really the definition of a freedom fighter. They're trying to fight an occupying force in their country. I'm not sure who the BBC is referring to as "freedom fighters" since I don't watch it. But it's not as simple as calling all enemies of the US terrorists. That's biased and misleading.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2011, 12:47:46 PM »
Some people labeled terrorist are freedom fighters.

Some people labeled freedom fighters are terrorists.

Some people labeled terrorist are terrorists.

Some people labeled freedom fighters are freedom fighters.
https://honestreporting.com/the-bbc-during-the-gaza-war-biased-coverage-of-the-conflict-2/

It's all about intent, means and ultimate goals. Not whether or not you agree with them.
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online Adami

« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2011, 12:48:23 PM »
Actually, my point was so amazingly broad, you can't possibly argue against it without arguing absolutism.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2011, 12:57:10 PM »
Actually, my point was so amazingly broad, you can't possibly argue against it without arguing absolutism.

Thats true!!

I was just making a simple point..

Online Adami

« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »

Thats true!!

I appreciate it, but you don't need to make the point to an Israeli that the conflict there is horribly misrepresented much of the time.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2011, 01:00:42 PM »

Thats true!!

I appreciate it, but you don't need to make the point to an Israeli that the conflict there is horribly misrepresented much of the time.

I know.. but I treat everyone the same as we all read the site and use each others posts to further convo

Online Adami

« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2011, 01:02:16 PM »
Very true. :)
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2011, 01:05:27 PM »
Round number 70 in the books.....Odummy really knows etiquette.

hes like a laser , not sleeping till the oil spill was contained and he wont rest until unemployment is back to GWB levels of 5.5%

https://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100090074/obamas-decision-to-play-golf-on-memorial-day-was-disrespectful-and-hardly-presidential/

The Military hates him.. but who wouldnt?

This is who Obam just made DNC Chair.. what a complete idiot.. we are unsafe with fools like team Obama.. all they want is their vote..and for my tax dollars to be given to them...

Behold the words
https://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/05/ding-dong-dnc-chair-doesnt-know-being-in-the-us-illegally-is-a-crime/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:14:03 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2011, 01:23:33 PM »
I think David Cameron wouldn't play golf on Remembrance Day because it's in fucking November.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2011, 01:31:16 PM »
I don't understand the big deal. My family went to the beach and went shopping to get same good Memorial Day deals at an outlet mall. Both places were packed to the gills. The average American has a BBQ, drinks some beer, and relaxes on Memorial Day. Many also go to the cemetary to drop some flowers and pay respects to friends or relatives who have passed. Why should Obama be held to any higher standard? He paid his respects and then enjoyed a beautiful day outdoors like the rest of us.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2011, 01:40:07 PM »
I don't understand the big deal. My family went to the beach and went shopping to get same good Memorial Day deals at an outlet mall. Both places were packed to the gills. The average American has a BBQ, drinks some beer, and relaxes on Memorial Day. Many also go to the cemetary to drop some flowers and pay respects to friends or relatives who have passed. Why should Obama be held to any higher standard? He paid his respects and then enjoyed a beautiful day outdoors like the rest of us.

Because he controls the sending of our troops into harms way, some dont return. its called BEING A LEADER

Obummer is a loser... 70 rounds of golf? thats one month a year he takes off to golf? or he doesnt work 1/12 of the year.. pathetic.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2011, 01:41:48 PM »

Because he controls the sending of our troops into harms way, some dont return. its called BEING A LEADER

Obummer is a loser... 70 rounds of golf? thats one month a year he takes off to golf? or he doesnt work 1/12 of the year.. pathetic.

I wouldn't go down that path if I were you  :rollin
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2011, 01:43:18 PM »

I wouldn't go down that path if I were you  :rollin

why? Im not the President?

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2011, 01:45:38 PM »
I have about a third of the year when I don't work because of weekends, holidays and vacation days. Only taking 1/12 of the year off seems pretty damn committed to a job to me. I personally want the leader of our country to have some down time and to relax. It's been shown that time off makes a person better at their job.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »
I have about a third of the year when I don't work because of weekends, holidays and vacation days. Only taking 1/12 of the year off seems pretty damn committed to a job to me. I personally want the leader of our country to have some down time and to relax. It's been shown that time off makes a person better at their job.

well then Obummers your guy.. he has taken more time then any other President..the Whitehouse is party central.. now thats some Hopey Change!!!

GWB worked rings around this guy...GWB ran miles before Obama even gets to work.. look at what time each Presient got briefed for the day..

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »

well then Obummers your guy.. he has taken more time then any other President..the Whitehouse is party central.. now thats some Hopey Change!!!

GWB worked rings around this guy...GWB ran miles before Obama even gets to work.. look at what time each Presient got briefed for the day..

Are you kidding?

https://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/
Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?

A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

FULL ANSWER

President Obama has spent all or part of 26 days "on vacation" during his first year as president, according to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller.

Knoller, who has covered every president since Gerald Ford and is known for keeping detailed records on presidential travel, counts the following among President Obama’s "vacations" in 2009:
A four-day holiday weekend in Chicago in February where the president played some basketball and treated First Lady Michelle Obama to a Valentine’s Day dinner date.
An eight-day stay with his family at a rented house on Martha’s Vineyard in August.
 A trip out west to the U.S. states of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Arizona that combined both business and pleasure. The president held town hall meetings on health care during the trip. And he went fly fishing and took trips to Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon with his wife and two daughters.
An 11-day stay in Hawaii where the president and his family celebrated Christmas and New Year’s Eve.

Some of the president’s recent predecessors, however, have spent more days — either entirely or partially — away from the White House "on vacation" during their first year in office.

President Reagan, in 1981, spent all or part of 42 days away from the White House "on vacation" at his home in Santa Barbara, Calif, according to Knoller. President Reagan and his wife, Nancy, also spent three or four days around New Year’s Day each year in Palm Springs, Calif., at the home of philanthropist Walter Annenberg. (In 1993 the late Mr. Annenberg founded the nonpartisan Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, which is FactCheck.org’s parent organization.)

President George W. Bush spent even more time away from the presidential mansion in the nation’s capital than Reagan. Of the 77 total "vacation" trips the former president made to his Texas ranch while in office, nine of them — all or part of 69 days — came during his first year as president in 2001, according to Knoller.

Bush’s father, President George H.W. Bush, spent less time "on vacation" during his first year than his son, but spent more days than President Obama. According to travel records provided to FactCheck.org by the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, the former president took six trips — spanning all or part of 40 days — to the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1989. The archivist at Bush’s presidential library told us she didn’t have a list of all vacations but did have the Kennebunkport visits.

But at least two recent presidents — by Knoller’s count — took less "vacation" time during their first year than President Obama — Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.

According to Knoller, Carter spent just 19 days "on vacation" in 1977. Most of that time, Knoller says, the former president spent at his home in Plains, Ga. President Clinton took all or part of 174 days of vacation during his eight years as president — most of that "vacation" time was during the summer, according to Knoller. But Knoller says Clinton only took 21 "vacation" days during his first year.

It’s worth mentioning that President Obama has also made 11 trips — all or part of 27 days — to Camp David, the presidential retreat in Frederick County, Md. Knoller, however, says he doesn’t count trips to Camp David as part of any presidents’ "vacation" time. But for the sake of comparison, President George W. Bush, made more trips to that country residence than Obama. According to Knoller, Bush made 25 trips — a total of 78 days — to Camp David in 2001.

But no matter how much time a president actually spends away from the official residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Knoller says that the commander in chief is never really off the clock. "I have long held the view that a US president is never really on vacation," Knoller told FactCheck.org in an e-mail. "The job – and its awesome powers and responsibilities – is his wherever he is and whatever he’s doing."
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »
again^ this has been debunked.. they considered time post 9/11 that GWB spent at his ranch ( Whitehouse West) as vacation..GWB was offered camp david..yes 69 days post 9/11 as part of his protection, and Id debate that number.. sounds odd..

Nobody believes the above.. sheer bunk.. a pro Obama puff piece.  

so let me get this staight...GWB took 69 days off "his first year" but a total of 77 days in 8 years? so he took 8 days off in 7 years???  thats pretty awesome!!! and of the 69 days , he had to go to his ranch of camp david post 9/11.

wow... just like Obama!!!!  lol...NOT.

So GWB took ONE DAY OFF A YEAR after his first year..
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 02:08:01 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »
A total of 77 trips.  9 of those were in his first year, accounting for most of the 69 days spent on vacation during that year.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »
REading this is pretty entertaining. The idea that Obama is bad for jobs and Bush was so much better makes me.....  :D

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2011, 03:11:48 PM »
IS the FACT that Obama was handed one of the worst economics situations ever by Bush completely ignored? He basically is continuing what Bush left on. Giving corporate welfare. I was against it when Bush did it and I am when Obama does it but to make this case that he's somehow so much worse is insanity.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2011, 07:59:15 PM »
There's something terribly ironic about a staunch Bush Jr. supporter calling Obama out on his vacation time  ;D

Offline PraXis

« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2011, 08:39:20 AM »
Why hasn't Weiner resigned yet for his crude behavior?

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2011, 08:42:08 AM »
Why hasn't Weiner resigned yet for his crude behavior?

uhhh...hes a lib, so he can do what he wants.. Liberals can do anything.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2011, 08:49:59 AM »
REading this is pretty entertaining. The idea that Obama is bad for jobs and Bush was so much better makes me.....  :D

You may want to look into the facts between jobs.

from today

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-01/adp-estimates-u-s-companies-added-38-000-employees-in-may.html
IS the FACT that Obama was handed one of the worst economics situations ever by Bush completely ignored? He basically is continuing what Bush left on. Giving corporate welfare. I was against it when Bush did it and I am when Obama does it but to make this case that he's somehow so much worse is insanity.

is the fact that post 9/11 GWB did an amazing job of keeping the economy strong and made the right choices on tax cuts and proper business principles?  that GWB inherited the worst catastrpohe in US history called 9/11 and we had no idea what was coming next? and that OBama came in a CRUSHED the private sectore with Obamacare, higher taxs and cabinet of idiots who never worked in the private sector, and has cap and trade on the horizon

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2011, 09:00:59 AM »
You are both being intellectually dishonest.
Obama did inherit a shitstorm economically....but is wasnt all Bush's fault.
And Bush's "amazing job" on the economy may have kept it together at the time, but it also set into motion some of what caused the shitstorm we deal with today.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline PraXis

« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2011, 09:06:38 AM »
The housing market collapsed thanks to Bawney Fwank and Chris Dudd. Bush tried to reign in Fannie/Freddie multiple times from 2003-2007, but they kept saying it was fine (if you would even understand anything Fwank was saying).

OTOH you have Goldman Sachs, who is one group of criminals with the Federal Reserve. They played both sides of the toxic mortgages and made sure that their insurer AIG would be bailed out and that their competitor in the carbon trading scheme (Lehman Bros) would go bankrupt.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »
You are both being intellectually dishonest.
Obama did inherit a shitstorm economically....but is wasnt all Bush's fault.
And Bush's "amazing job" on the economy may have kept it together at the time, but it also set into motion some of what caused the shitstorm we deal with today.

I think it more accurate in hindsight that people now wanted the goverment to venture wher eit never had.. GWB did not interfere in the banking credit issue., no President ever had.. so today people are clamoring for goverment to go where I for one do NOT want them going ever..

wise people know that the business principles of Capitalism work and they are amazing.. and Obama trying to destroy that is not something any American should want. Obama wants wealth redistribution, which is proven can not work..

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2011, 09:09:13 AM »
The housing market collapsed thanks to Bawney Fwank and Chris Dudd. Bush tried to reign in Fannie/Freddie multiple times from 2003-2007, but they kept saying it was fine (if you would even understand anything Fwank was saying).

OTOH you have Goldman Sachs, who is one group of criminals with the Federal Reserve. They played both sides of the toxic mortgages and made sure that their insurer AIG would be bailed out and that their competitor in the carbon trading scheme (Lehman Bros) would go bankrupt.

no doubt.. well said...the MBS issue was a house of cards.. Thank you Maxine Waters, Frank and Dodd...and GWB did call for reform like 20 times, and was told it was "fine"

Todays dose of Obama radicalism and destruction of Capitalism....
https://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/05/sen-inhofe-vows-to-block-radical-green-activist-nominated-for-commerce-secretary-video/

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2011, 09:14:11 AM »

no doubt.. well said...the MBS issue was a house of cards.. Thank you Maxine Waters, Frank and Dodd...and GWB did call for reform like 20 times, and was told it was "fine"

Doesnt say much for GWB.  Was it that GWB knew, with calls for reform being lip service?  Or was it that he wasnt smart or strong enough to know what was really going on and do something about it?
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2011, 09:17:41 AM »
GWB had to be "told" how to do everything, to be honest. I always thought he seemed like a decent guy with a good personality. But he was not equipped for the job. He relied on his advisors, many of whom were terrible and some of whom were outright evil. Hence the disaster of his tenure. He, without a doubt, is one of the worst presidents ever to actually serve two terms (even if he *stole* one of them).

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2011, 09:20:37 AM »
again GWB did not have to be told.. He wanted it to be reformed, it was a Dem program since Carter, he asked for it to be reformed, and was told it was "fine"

The question is why didnt the Dems running it know that it was a scam? or Bill Clinton even?

what part of that is confusing? GWB tried to get it reformed called specail sessions to have them testify it was 'OK" and they said it was "OK"

OBama has a cabinet of zeros.. nobodys... complete iditos who never even had a job , or worked in the private sector...Nobody was "evil" in Bushs cabinet..that BS is BS. Conde was great, so was Cheney.  Look at who Obama has.??? its like a misfit radical marxist convention

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2011, 09:21:48 AM »
GWB had to be "told" how to do everything, to be honest. I always thought he seemed like a decent guy with a good personality. But he was not equipped for the job. He relied on his advisors, many of whom were terrible and some of whom were outright evil. Hence the disaster of his tenure. He, without a doubt, is one of the worst presidents ever to actually serve two terms (even if he *stole* one of them).

My point exactly.  Not trying to bash Bush or put Obama on a pedestal.  Just pointing out the extreme absence in objectivity in some posts here.  I just dont understand how one can put blame squarely on Obama, yet let blame slide for Bush in similar scenarios.
As EV points out above....that it wasnt GWB's fault....yet there is no real scenario where GWB cant be seen as failing in that case.

Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29