Author Topic: Genres: Club, House, Dance  (Read 724 times)

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
Genres: Club, House, Dance
« on: April 24, 2011, 05:19:40 PM »
I know this is a little bit far fetched, considering this is a prog metal forum, but ever since we start covering this genres in my Blues & Rock class (barely, we sometimes go off the tangent) I just seem to fall in love with it. It is such a fun genre to listen to while dancing and studying. (Yes, "Time of My Life" by The Black Eyed Peas has been played to death and I hate it too.)

Does anyone else like these genres? My teacher says that the way this music works is that you have to buy compilation CDs. Post your recommendations as well. I recently acquired Ultimate Floorfillers A Decade On The Dancefloor 2000-2010 which is a fun CD that plays old hits from the last decade.

:djhef:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:27:03 AM by emindead »

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
Re: Genres: Club, House, Dance
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 05:42:53 PM »
I really enjoy house-music, whenever I'm in the mood for it, David Guetta does the trick.  :tup

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 06:06:37 PM »
I really enjoy dance music, and have a pretty sizable collection on my HD that I've obtained over the years. But I doubt I'd be able to give you the names of any artists and/or songs I like. It's just one of those genres that I love listening to, but don't find any attachment to, if that makes any sense. I went to a lot of dance clubs in my 20s, so I'd hear lots of dance music that way. Then when I'd hear a song I liked later on, I'd think "Hey, it's that one song I really like!" without ever knowing the title or artist in the first place. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:03:49 AM »
I love me some good House. Wolfgang Gartner is probably my favorite house artist, but Deadmau5, Danger, Justice, and The Bloody Beetroots are all good/great.

Oh, and you totally don't have to buy compilation CDs for a lot of house music (though you can). Most of Gartner's stuff is EPs or Singles, but all the other artists I mentioned release full albums or EPs.

That said, albums:

Justice - Cross
Deadmau5 - 4x4=12
The Bloody Beetroots - Romborama
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 06:00:39 AM »
I usually go the compilation route with dance music, I really enjoy the Fun Club series which music mainly taken from the online web station.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 08:27:58 AM »
I love me some good House. Wolfgang Gartner is probably my favorite house artist, but Deadmau5, Danger, Justice, and The Bloody Beetroots are all good/great.

Oh, and you totally don't have to buy compilation CDs for a lot of house music (though you can). Most of Gartner's stuff is EPs or Singles, but all the other artists I mentioned release full albums or EPs.

That said, albums:

Justice - Cross
Deadmau5 - 4x4=12
The Bloody Beetroots - Romborama
Cool! Will get a hand on these when I have the chance.