Author Topic: Why don't Christians eat meat on Fridays?  (Read 11298 times)

Offline jsem

Re: Why don't Christians eat meat on Fridays?
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »
AndyDT's posts continue to baffle us all

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »
Andy wins again.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline sirbradford117

• DTF Resident Beatlemaniac
  • All you need is love.
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 10:04:18 PM »
I went out with a Catholic girl for a short time and I can assure you she wanted meat badly. So much so we disagreed about it. I said it would be like masturbation to do it before marriage - she said that was "just silly" and 5 minutes earlier had been saying how much she'd been hurt by having it before marriage with two other men.

what

Just... no.
VOTE IN THE BEATLES SURVIVOR!!!!!

Listen to sirbradford in all things Beatles :P

This is evil, but I went with bradford

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 12:20:21 AM »
So I'm good if I eat at Taco Bell, right?

-J

I'm not sure what they serve is really considered "meat" anyways. You're probably safe.

I was about to post something about an unnecessary punchline, but it turns out there's a .gif in the post I'm quoting that I can't see but does the job for me.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend if that's what you meant. There's actually a story behind my response. There was something on the national news here in the states a couple of months ago about how taco bell's meat didn't actually meet the specifications of actually being considered meat. It has a bunch of fillers in it ect. ect... and according to one of our government agencies was less than 30% meat if my memory serves me right.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 01:49:11 AM »

-J

I'm not sure what they serve is really considered "meat" anyways. You're probably safe.

I was about to post something about an unnecessary punchline, but it turns out there's a .gif in the post I'm quoting that I can't see but does the job for me.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend if that's what you meant. There's actually a story behind my response. There was something on the national news here in the states a couple of months ago about how taco bell's meat didn't actually meet the specifications of actually being considered meat. It has a bunch of fillers in it ect. ect... and according to one of our government agencies was less than 30% meat if my memory serves me right.
Not exactly.  Someone sued them for such a thing, but I think that was just dropped because it IS meat.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 02:32:12 AM »

-J

Not exactly.  Someone sued them for such a thing, but I think that was just dropped because it IS meat.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-taco-bell-beef-20110419,0,7426186.story

Yep, you're right. I never heard about the conclusion ect...My bad.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 05:00:35 AM »
No worries.  :biggrin:

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 09:07:48 AM »
They don't eat meat on Fridays because they don't care about the pudding.
Or maybe because they already had a bowl of cereal, and everybody is Russian anyway.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2011, 09:34:33 AM »
Or maybe because they already had a bowl of cereal, and everybody is Russian anyway.

rumborak

:clap:

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »
:rollin

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 07:46:07 PM »

rumborak

...And how can they have any pudding if they don't eat their meat anyway?
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 06:33:50 PM »

rumborak

...And how can they have any pudding if they don't eat their meat anyway?
I think rumby already made that joke... :P

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2011, 07:15:46 AM »
As far as I know, it's not biblical. It's a way to represent the sacrifice Jesus made on good friday, and since most people eat meat, that was just decided upon to be the sacrifice.

I just a did a study on this a couple months ago, and based on the timeline presented in the gospels and cross-referencing with Jewish traditions and feasts, Jesus was most likely crucified on a Wednesday.
Not to derail the thread, but Mark gives a detailed day-by-day timeline of the Last Week, and the crucifixion was clearly on Friday.

Having said that, Catholics don't eat meat on Friday because Mary told them not to.
The Catholics to stay hip and healthy and keep up with the changing times have announced, "Low carb Wednesdays"
Its got the whole church buzzing!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2011, 09:17:35 AM »
I went out with a Catholic girl for a short time and I can assure you she wanted meat badly. So much so we disagreed about it. I said it would be like masturbation to do it before marriage - she said that was "just silly" and 5 minutes earlier had been saying how much she'd been hurt by having it before marriage with two other men.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!