Author Topic: Being Scammed At A Local McDonalds...  (Read 51398 times)

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
Re: Being Scammed At A Local McDonalds...
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »
One of the black girls said she'd have my baby, actually, so hey.

But really, who here on this forum wouldn't?

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2011, 06:06:01 PM »

Tick, she might be a quarter pound to light when she is born.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »
What does any of this have to do with New Order?

Offline Aramatheis

• The lighter's dead
  • DTF.org Member
  • and the gas has been cut off
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »

Tick, she might be a quarter pound to light when she is born.

:lol

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2011, 07:12:26 PM »
Wow, that was an entertaining four pages.  And if this thread is now about New Order, why is it still in GD?

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2011, 07:13:56 PM »
What are you talking about?

This thread is now about bacon.

Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2011, 07:16:56 PM »

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »
Lonestar, you of all people should know by now that every thread is a bacon thread.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline dongringo

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2011, 07:21:42 PM »
Same thing happened to me in Mexico City and a taco stand underneath my motel. He skimmed off some of my change and gave me the rest. The first time I just left without giving him a tip. The second time he forced me to confront him. When he denied it I was then forced to talk to his boss, the owner of the place. He went over my bill and change and gave me the change I was ripped off. He started yelling at his employee and I left. Pretty sure he lost his job, but hey, he deserved it. I ate there every night and always gave an appropriate tip, unlike some of the locals. So I was the last person to deserve to get ripped off and the owner knew it. Anyway, a quarter in Mexico City will cover subway fair with unlimited transfers, so I can at least understand the temptation. But a quarter in the U.S. is just pocket change. The McDonald's worker was really bold because he'd have to rip a lot of people off a quarter to make anything.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
i didnt read the entire thread... but I dont see anything wrong with the op... i woulda freaked out as well... lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2011, 07:22:34 PM »
Tickster, I agree that you were on the right. But don't you see how your reaction could have been more conducive to actually getting something done? Like I said, if I were that manager, I'd take the employees side just based on how mad you were.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2011, 07:24:06 PM »
lolno

This thread is about New Order.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »
As a manager that has been in many similar situations working the drive thru, I've had complaints about my employees working the DT. It is absolutely no help to yell because it creates unneeded tension.

That said, I understand the mess. Somebody is ripping you off. Maybe a tiny bit, but it's the principle of the matter. That kid doesn't have much integrity doing what he is doing. If that happened where I work, we would move him off the register and to where there is no money handling, and, depending on the severity or amount, would get him audited. Yeah, my job doesn't play around.

Tick, as a manager for about 5 years in food service, I'd say next time just get the manager and be calm. I know it's such a stupid situation and can anger people, but a good manager will help you out. A bad manager? Then you call the corporate office and complain. Gah, I am too familiar with this...I've never had a complaint on me (because I know how to calm people down), but I have seen many managers get written up for not taking care of the customer.

Every customer is not worth saving.

Corporate higher-ups would like to have a word with you.

Oh, by the way, to me, it seemed like Tick was using "black" as a descriptor. Like, that was how we was able to see the pattern more easily in how his quarters were not being handed to him. All the black people I work with are cool and call me the "n" word all the time and I call them it also, and we pick on our Jewish employee and he's cool with it. One of the black girls said she'd have my baby, actually, so hey.
Let me tell you that I am a born salesman and I am quite savvy when it comes to handling people. My reaction to the kid was calculated and by design. I wanted to intimidate him for being a stupid little shit and I was in total control of my temper. I used the f bomb for cause and effect as well, cause I felt it would better drive home my point. Don't keep stealing from me you little idiot. Believe that or don't. Agree with me or don't . That's up to you.
I also think people look to call the race card whenever possible,but painting a picture of who the person was by saying he was black is not racist. Sorry folks but it isn't. Did I have to say he was black? No, but I didn't want someone to picture in there mind an acne faced white dork so I felt it was acceptable to say he was black. If I said it was a woman would that make me sexist for pointing out the person was female? Food for thought.
Anyhoo, this thread is very entertaining and I hope it gets pinned and this discussion carries on way into 2012.

:tick2: (not Rumborak)
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »
Tick, what's your favorite New Order album?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2011, 07:28:41 PM »
Same thing happened to me in Mexico City and a taco stand underneath my motel. He skimmed off some of my change and gave me the rest. The first time I just left without giving him a tip. The second time he forced me to confront him. When he denied it I was then forced to talk to his boss, the owner of the place. He went over my bill and change and gave me the change I was ripped off. He started yelling at his employee and I left. Pretty sure he lost his job, but hey, he deserved it. I ate there every night and always gave an appropriate tip, unlike some of the locals. So I was the last person to deserve to get ripped off and the owner knew it. Anyway, a quarter in Mexico City will cover subway fair with unlimited transfers, so I can at least understand the temptation. But a quarter in the U.S. is just pocket change. The McDonald's worker was really bold because he'd have to rip a lot of people off a quarter to make anything.
If he took just one quarter from every customer he served through the drive through every hour, he would at least be making double is hourly wage.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2011, 07:29:37 PM »
The one I'm not listening to at any moment would be my favorite.
:tick2:

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
You're missing out.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »
You're missing out.
Well, I would say your missing out on a great conversation about , McDonalds, racism, thief's, and the proper way to address one if your robbed repetitively by one.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2011, 07:56:08 PM »
In a way, aren't we all stealing

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2011, 08:06:06 PM »
In a way, aren't we all stealing

No, only the whites.

Offline Volk9

• DTF's Representative of the Negro Community
  • Pokeballs got nothin' on this
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »
I didn't think much of it, but I did find it fairly conspicuous when Tick mentioned he was black.  You might be onto something that it's unfortunate that we automatically notice such things, but it is what it is.  Nothing racist, just noticeable.  Then TV's joke.  Again, nothing racist there.  However, TV's joke after Tick's mentioning of the thief being black actually did create a bit of an undertone to the thread.  Nothing that would have offended me, but it was there.

I guess.  I just think people are being too sensitive, and people who don't even have a right to be.  If someone who actually is Black came into the thread and said he/she was offended, that might be a different story.  But even then...  Well, never mind.  This isn't really worth the fuss.

I'm offended.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE NEW ALBUM!

(For fans of breakbeat, trip hop, acid jazz, etc)

https://abstractinthesky.com/

<br />Yeah, once you graduate high school, you need to listen to Death Metal like an adult.<br />

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2011, 08:31:03 PM »
Resist the urge, resist the urge...

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2011, 08:42:38 PM »
The amount of underlying racism in this thread from some of our most senior members is really disheartening.

Sorry, but in the context of this thread, that's just stupid.  There has been nothing racist posted in this thread.  The fact that Quad is a really intelligent, well-spoken poster makes that kind of stupid accusation even more disappointing.
I actually thought that was in reference to TV's joke.

Oh, I didn't catch that.  But still, that's not even remotely racist.  He was quoting a comedy routine that, honestly, sounds like something I would expect Jamie Fox, Tracy Morgan, or Chris Rock to say in their routines.  
I figured Chris Rock.  Never payed any attention to the other two.

I didn't think much of it, but I did find it fairly conspicuous when Tick mentioned he was black.  You might be onto something that it's unfortunate that we automatically notice such things, but it is what it is.  Nothing racist, just noticeable.  Then TV's joke.  Again, nothing racist there.  However, TV's joke after Tick's mentioning of the thief being black actually did create a bit of an undertone to the thread.  Nothing that would have offended me, but it was there.

WRONG!!! I didn't give a shit if the guy was black, white, asian, hispanic, or American Indian. the undertone you refer to was created by your own mind, not me.  :lol I didn't even realize if the op even mentioned race. The simple fact that the guy was skimming money at the drive thru reminded me of the comedy routine by either Eddie Griffin, or Chris Rock (I cannot remember who it was, but the whole routine was as funny as hell), but my remembrance of the bit, had NOTHING to do with race per se, but about the routine where the guy complained about being on fries and not the register because he couldn't "make no money on fries"; HIS obvious implication that he ALSO skimmed from the till. I ONLY referenced his race because the comedian did as well, and it was the comedians use of overdramtic slang that made the joke especially funny.

People need to get a life and stop being so critical all the time. But perhaps I should have clarified it was either Rock, or Griffin (now I'm wondering if it was Chappelle) and NOT someone like Larry the Cable Guy.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:48:57 PM by TempusVox »
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2011, 11:41:09 PM »
The amount of underlying racism in this thread from some of our most senior members is really disheartening.

Sorry, but in the context of this thread, that's just stupid.  There has been nothing racist posted in this thread.  The fact that Quad is a really intelligent, well-spoken poster makes that kind of stupid accusation even more disappointing.

Oh, I didn't catch that.  But still, that's not even remotely racist.  He was quoting a comedy routine that, honestly, sounds like something I would expect Jamie Fox, Tracy Morgan, or Chris Rock to say in their routines.  
I figured Chris Rock.  Never payed any attention to the other two.

WRONG!!! I didn't give a shit if the guy was black, white, asian, hispanic, or American Indian. the undertone you refer to was created by your own mind, not me.  :lol I didn't even realize if the op even mentioned race. The simple fact that the guy was skimming money at the drive thru reminded me of the comedy routine by either Eddie Griffin, or Chris Rock (I cannot remember who it was, but the whole routine was as funny as hell), but my remembrance of the bit, had NOTHING to do with race per se, but about the routine where the guy complained about being on fries and not the register because he couldn't "make no money on fries"; HIS obvious implication that he ALSO skimmed from the till. I ONLY referenced his race because the comedian did as well, and it was the comedians use of overdramtic slang that made the joke especially funny.

People need to get a life and stop being so critical all the time. But perhaps I should have clarified it was either Rock, or Griffin (now I'm wondering if it was Chappelle) and NOT someone like Larry the Cable Guy.  :biggrin:
Bullshit.  The only thing WRONG!!! here is your failure to recognize that people might see two separate posts concerning black people steeling and think it noteworthy.  Your intention behind the joke doesn't matter.  I have no problem with Tick's post or your joke.  It's just that I can recognize how both together might give pause to somebody.  As I already agreed with Bosk, it's a shame that it works that way now, but it does.   

Out of curiosity, if instead of this post I'd recanted the tale of having my wallet taken by a black guy at the airport,  would it still be all in our heads? And if my post was followed by some other DTF'er describing getting mugged by two black guys in Harlem (true story), would the mod staff then start to feel a bit uncomfortable with the turn the thread had taken?  How many anecdotes about being robbed by the black man would it take before it started to constitute a problem?  Surely there's a point where it does, and not everybody is going to agree where that point begins. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »

Based on my experiences, most of them are clueless knobheads who have never done grunt work, which is why they always make impractical decisions.  One way to put it is, they are probably book smart, but not street smart.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2011, 01:47:02 AM »
Customers are fucking morons. I work part-time in a cinema and you regularly get asked by people (at the box office) what the difference between 3D and 2D films are. I mean, seriously?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2011, 02:49:04 AM »
Customers are fucking morons. I work part-time in a cinema and you regularly get asked by people (at the box office) what the difference between 3D and 2D films are. I mean, seriously?
Tell them that in 3D they are actually part of the film where as in 2D they will just be sitting in there seat watching.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2011, 02:53:51 AM »

I guess.  I just think people are being too sensitive, and people who don't even have a right to be.  If someone who actually is Black came into the thread and said he/she was offended, that might be a different story.  But even then...  Well, never mind.  This isn't really worth the fuss.

I'm offended.
Mission accomplished.

Sorry, but in the context of this thread, that's just stupid.  There has been nothing racist posted in this thread.  The fact that Quad is a really intelligent, well-spoken poster makes that kind of stupid accusation even more disappointing.

Oh, I didn't catch that.  But still, that's not even remotely racist.  He was quoting a comedy routine that, honestly, sounds like something I would expect Jamie Fox, Tracy Morgan, or Chris Rock to say in their routines. 
I figured Chris Rock.  Never payed any attention to the other two.

I didn't think much of it, but I did find it fairly conspicuous when Tick mentioned he was black.  You might be onto something that it's unfortunate that we automatically notice such things, but it is what it is.  Nothing racist, just noticeable.  Then TV's joke.  Again, nothing racist there.  However, TV's joke after Tick's mentioning of the thief being black actually did create a bit of an undertone to the thread.  Nothing that would have offended me, but it was there.

Bullshit.  The only thing WRONG!!! here is your failure to recognize that people might see two separate posts concerning black people steeling and think it noteworthy.  Your intention behind the joke doesn't matter.  I have no problem with Tick's post or your joke.  It's just that I can recognize how both together might give pause to somebody.  As I already agreed with Bosk, it's a shame that it works that way now, but it does.   

Out of curiosity, if instead of this post I'd recanted the tale of having my wallet taken by a black guy at the airport,  would it still be all in our heads? And if my post was followed by some other DTF'er describing getting mugged by two black guys in Harlem (true story), would the mod staff then start to feel a bit uncomfortable with the turn the thread had taken?  How many anecdotes about being robbed by the black man would it take before it started to constitute a problem?  Surely there's a point where it does, and not everybody is going to agree where that point begins. 
As I said for those keeping score... Mentioning the person was a black male merely paints the picture in the readers mind of what the person looks like. If it was a goofy red head or a woman I would want to paint that picture to the reader as well. If the reader construes that as racist, then perhaps the reader must examine them self as to why that is?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2011, 03:03:36 AM »

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2011, 03:54:14 AM »
lol? :slowclap:
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2011, 03:59:10 AM »
SO YOU LIKE STEALING QUARTERS, HUH

WELL GUESS WHAT, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I SAT HERE AND MADE YOU SMOKE AN ENTIRE CARTON OF CIGARETTES

...Oh my God

Did Sonatafanica just quote Family Guy? :omg:
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2011, 04:04:52 AM »
That would make him sink to a far deeper level than before if it were true.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2011, 04:19:36 AM »

You better hit that shit.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2011, 07:30:15 AM »

Based on my experiences, most of them are clueless knobheads who have never done grunt work, which is why they always make impractical decisions.  One way to put it is, they are probably book smart, but not street smart.

Preaching to the choir. Although the current prez of my restaurant job is actually very smart in both senses (I've met and talked with him), and even he disagrees with that idea of saving every customer. Sucks that he has to please a board of knuckleheads.

So glad I am leaving that place in 2 weeks. :biggrin: