Author Topic: Being Scammed At A Local McDonalds...  (Read 51387 times)

Offline j

Re: Being Scammed At A Local McDonalds...
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
What was this kid trying to pull like an amateur version of that scam they do in Office Space?  "I'll take a quarter from every customer, and eventually I'll make MILLIONS!" :lol

Anyway, could have called him out on it without unloading on the kid.  JMO.

I wouldn't go back to that McDonalds unless you like spit burgers.

Also this is the most important thing that's been said in this thread.

The amount of underlying racism in this thread from some of our most senior members is really disheartening.

:facepalm:  Oh Jesus.

-J

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 03:45:34 PM »
Wow, the reactions are mind blowing. If anyone thinks its about 75 cents you are clueless.
This is about a thief. A criminal. A douchebag who is scamming people and giving his employer a black eye. If you think otherwise, your wrong.
I was shortchanged 3 consecutive times exactly one quarter. 3 TIMES IN A ROW. This was not accident. I can say the word fuck to a little cock sucking thief and feel quite justified, and I did.
Being ripped off repeatedly is a feeling a violation and I don't like it at all. Then the kid lies and tells me I dropped the change to add injury to insult. I didn't drop anything. The kid is ripping people off and I'm a bad guy for swearing. Yeah, ok.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2011, 03:46:45 PM »
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »
I personally wouldn't have freaked out like you did. Is getting ripped off 75 cents really the end of the world? Just politely ask next time, and maybe you wouldn't get such an attitude back. If I were the kid and you freaked out on me over a quarter, I would have probably laughed in your face. (not saying I condone his actions, or that I'd do it myself)
You really need to get a clue.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »
black eye.

STOP BEING RACIST!
Sorry, an eye of darker persuasion.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
No, you were the bad guy for completely blowing up in the restaurant. There's nothing wrong with calling out a thieving employee. It's quite another to throw a 'tantrum', as it were, in the middle of a restaurant. It's bad for business. What you SHOULD have done is called the manager over IMMEDIATELY and talked it out. Your reaction wasn't called for

Offline jsem

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2011, 03:48:50 PM »
Lol. I agree with tick. It has more to do with principles than the actual money.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »
No, Quad is right.  You should never yell at Black people.  That's racist.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2011, 03:51:01 PM »
I personally wouldn't have freaked out like you did. Is getting ripped off 75 cents really the end of the world? Just politely ask next time, and maybe you wouldn't get such an attitude back. If I were the kid and you freaked out on me over a quarter, I would have probably laughed in your face. (not saying I condone his actions, or that I'd do it myself)
You really need to get a clue.

I'd say something witty here, but I'd probably be banned for it. Although you won't get in trouble for saying this even though it's a personal attack/namecalling.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2011, 03:52:54 PM »
But why did he mention he was black? I can't see him. It doesn't matter. He could be asian or white or mexican or whatever. It's the sort of thing I'd hear my grandparents say from time to time. Like saying, 'that black waiter' somehow automatically explains the bad service they supposedly got (at this point during the meal i'd look away pointedly, clearly embarrassed to be in their company).

Quad's point is that it doesn't matter, and the fact that he draws attention to it APPEARS to have some sort of racial undertones.

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 03:56:40 PM »

::) Wow, this post was absolutely surprising.

Quad was saying that he shouldn't have flipped out at the employee, but remained calm.

And I for one don't see why tick felt the need to specify it was a black person. I doubt he would have included "white" in the description of the person if they were Caucasian.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2011, 03:59:24 PM »
Seriously.  I don't really want to defend Tick in this thread, but I have to say that I think that him using the word "black" was just his way of saying that he recognized the guy.  Tick can account for whether or not he actually meant that it made a difference that the guy was black, but I really don't think that was the case.  Out of all the things that he may have said that could start a big argument, this isn't one of them. 

I think he just used a poor choice of wording, and before you know it everyone is up to their knees in zero calories. 

Given, pertaining to his post description, in my opinion it sounds like he acted a bit childish.  But I don't think he meant to be racist.  Not here. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »
I don't see anything in the initial post linking it to the person's race.  He was just describing the kid, and the fact that he is Black provides part of the description.  He also said he is a young kid.  Does that imply all young kids steal?  He said it was a male.  Was he implying all males steal?  He also said he was working the drive through.  Do all drive-through employees steal?  

There's nothing wrong whatsoever with mentioning race.  The only thing wrong I see is that people want to imagine racism where there is none.  That makes me more ashamed than anything else I've seen in this thread.

@Z:  Yeah, one of Quad's posts was saying Tick shouldn't have flipped out, but remained calm.  And that's fine.  Agree or disagree, that's a valid position.  But then he said this crap:

The amount of underlying racism in this thread from some of our most senior members is really disheartening.

Sorry, but in the context of this thread, that's just stupid.  There has been nothing racist posted in this thread.  The fact that Quad is a really intelligent, well-spoken poster makes that kind of stupid accusation even more disappointing.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2011, 03:59:43 PM »
But why did he mention he was black? I can't see him. It doesn't matter. He could be asian or white or mexican or whatever. It's the sort of thing I'd hear my grandparents say from time to time. Like saying, 'that black waiter' somehow automatically explains the bad service they supposedly got (at this point during the meal i'd look away pointedly, clearly embarrassed to be in their company).

Quad's point is that it doesn't matter, and the fact that he draws attention to it APPEARS to have some sort of racial undertones.

::) Wow, this post was absolutely surprising.

Quad was saying that he shouldn't have flipped out at the employee, but remained calm.

And I for one don't see why tick felt the need to specify it was a black person. I doubt he would have included "white" in the description of the person if they were Caucasian.

Agreed with both posts.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2011, 04:00:51 PM »
I can't add anything new here. Your reaction was unwarranted and obscene, and the customer isn't always right.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2011, 04:01:08 PM »
Fucking black people. Always providing us white folk with bad customer service.

Offline ehra

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2011, 04:01:38 PM »
No, you were the bad guy for completely blowing up in the restaurant. There's nothing wrong with calling out a thieving employee. It's quite another to throw a 'tantrum', as it were, in the middle of a restaurant. It's bad for business. What you SHOULD have done is called the manager over IMMEDIATELY and talked it out. Your reaction wasn't called for

As far as I understand it, Tick flipped out from his car at the drive-through.

edit: Reread the OP and he was definitely in his car at the time. Not in the middle of the restaurant.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2011, 04:02:30 PM »
Tick was completely justified in yelling at the employee and his manager.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2011, 04:03:48 PM »

Sorry, but in the context of this thread, that's just stupid.  There has been nothing racist posted in this thread.  The fact that Quad is a really intelligent, well-spoken poster makes that kind of stupid accusation even more disappointing.
I actually thought that was in reference to TV's joke.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2011, 04:04:01 PM »

edit: Reread the OP and he was definitely in his car at the time. Not in the middle of the restaurant.

Holding up the line then. I could have sworn he was inside... But either way, the reaction was over the top.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2011, 04:04:27 PM »
Lol. I agree with tick. It has more to do with principles than the actual money.
Thank you for getting it. It is not about 75 cents.

Seriously though, its not like I lost my mind on the kid. I merely firmly voiced my displeasure is way he knew I was not happy I was being ripped off continuously. Yes I added an f bomb because frankly I was pissed off for being robbed.
It is so not about 75 cents.
Lastly. Anyone who called me out on the kid being black has a point. I did not have to mention it, but I just chose to.

Offline ehra

« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2011, 04:06:02 PM »

Holding up the line then. I could have sworn he was inside... But either way, the reaction was over the top.

Why? The guy was ripping him and probably everyone else off, the amount doesn't matter (although I'm sure the manager wouldn't think that a lost quarter off every customer that guy serves is insignificant). We're really going to dedicate another thread to bashing Tick, this time for yelling at a thief?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2011, 04:06:40 PM »

edit: Reread the OP and he was definitely in his car at the time. Not in the middle of the restaurant.Holding up the line then. I could have sworn he was inside... But either way, the reaction was over the top.

I was in my car and no one else heard a peep. I was not even that loud from my car, just angry and rightly so.

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2011, 04:08:23 PM »
Lastly. Anyone who called me out on the kid being black has a point. I did not have to mention it, but I just chose to.

Thank you for your honesty.
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »

Sorry, but in the context of this thread, that's just stupid.  There has been nothing racist posted in this thread.  The fact that Quad is a really intelligent, well-spoken poster makes that kind of stupid accusation even more disappointing.
I actually thought that was in reference to TV's joke.

Oh, I didn't catch that.  But still, that's not even remotely racist.  He was quoting a comedy routine that, honestly, sounds like something I would expect Jamie Fox, Tracy Morgan, or Chris Rock to say in their routines.  

Offline jsem

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »

But say the kid was white, and tick chose to mention it. Would you have called it out?

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2011, 04:10:08 PM »
I did not yell at the manager. I was very polite in informing her she has a thief working for her. She was very thankful for what I told her.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »

But say the kid was white, and tick chose to mention it. Would you have called it out?
I personally would have, because in the context of this story the color of the skin the kid has is completely irrelevant.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2011, 04:11:01 PM »
This thread is now about the synthpop/new wave band New Order.

New Order were an English musical group formed in 1980 by Bernard Sumner (vocals, guitars, synthesizers), Peter Hook (bass, backing vocals, synthesizers) and Stephen Morris (drums, electronic drums, synthesizers). New Order was formed by the remaining members of Joy Division following the suicide of vocalist Ian Curtis. They were soon joined by keyboard player Gillian Gilbert.

New Order combined new wave and electronic dance, and became one of the most critically acclaimed and highly influential bands of the 1980s. Though New Order's early years were shadowed by the legacy of Joy Division, their immersion, with help from Morris D. Temple, in the New York City club scene of the early 1980s increased their knowledge of dance music. The band's 1983 hit "Blue Monday" saw them fully embrace dance music, synthesizers and drum machines, and is the best-selling 12-inch single of all time. New Order were the flagship band for Factory Records, and their minimalist album sleeves and non-image reflected the label's aesthetic of doing whatever the relevant parties wanted to do, including an aversion to including singles as album tracks. The band has often been acclaimed by fans, critics and other musicians as a highly influential force in the alternative rock, dance and rave music scenes.

New Order were on hiatus between 1993 and 1998, during which time the members participated in various side-projects. The band reconvened in 1998, and in 2001 released Get Ready, their first album in eight years. In 2005, Phil Cunningham (guitars, synthesizers) replaced Gilbert, who had left the group due to family commitments. In 2007, Peter Hook left the band and stated that he and Sumner had no further plans to work together. Sumner revealed in 2009 that he no longer wishes to make music as New Order.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2011, 04:11:40 PM »
...in the context of this story the color of the skin the kid has is completely irrelevant.

Yes, it was.  And so was the fact that he was young.  And that he was male.  So?

EDIT:  Er...I mean...New Order!  Yay!  :D  :myungwoot:

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »
I did not yell at the manager. I was very polite in informing her she has a thief working for her. She was very thankful for what I told her.

Oh, even better then.
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline jsem

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2011, 04:12:36 PM »

I personally would have, because in the context of this story the color of the skin the kid has is completely irrelevant.
Then Dimitrus, you're a consistent guy and I respect you for it.  :tup

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
go to a different mcdonalds?
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »

fucking what

I would, I know that much

a white guy stealing something, give me a break