Author Topic: Obama  (Read 26639 times)

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
Obama
« on: April 19, 2011, 12:35:19 PM »
So many people have stated that Obama has done such a terrible job.  I would like to hear from some of these people, sharing specific instances of what exactly he did wrong, coupled with what he should have done.
I personally think that no one is perfect, and clearly mistakes have been made.....but without the luxury of hind-sight, and given the same knowledge and circumstances, what would you have done differently, and why?
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline PraXis

Re: Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »
I would have:

1.) Brought all our troops home
2.) Not started a third war in Libya
3.) Closed GITMO
4.) Leave the UN
5.) Not sign two 2700+ bills without reading them
6.) Lifted the drilling moratoriums (I also wouldn't give Brazil our money for them to drill for oil)
7.) No "stimulus" bill
8.) NO bailouts

That's a start.

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 12:44:42 PM »
I would have:

3.) Closed GITMO
4.) Leave the UN
6.) Lifted the drilling moratoriums (I also wouldn't give Brazil our money for them to drill for oil)
7.) No "stimulus" bill
8.) NO bailouts

That's a start.

I guess you didnt read my post.  Your responses have absolutely zero rationale with them.  For instance...the bailouts.  Why was it wrong, what would you have done differently to solve the problem, why would you have done it, and what would you expect the results to be?

Just saying all those things were wrong, with no reasoning or alternatives, just appears...to me at least...that you dont know why...or even if...what he did was wrong.

Thx

Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 12:59:53 PM »
We didn't start a war in Libya... ???

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 01:01:37 PM »
Yeah I don't remember that either.
Maybe we should bring the troops back from Libya!
Oh wait..
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 01:08:04 PM »
Pardon the ignorance but how easy is it to just do those things Praxis mentioned as President? Surely Congress could override you at some point or make it difficult to even attempt some of those things.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
I would have:

3.) Closed GITMO
4.) Leave the UN
7.) No "stimulus" bill
8.) NO bailouts

That makes a good president? Get your head out of the sand, Praxis. You seemingly have no concept of politics.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 01:16:38 PM »
Way to drop the 'b', dude.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »
I know not what you speak of  :blush

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline PraXis

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »
I would have:

3.) Closed GITMO
4.) Leave the UN
7.) No "stimulus" bill
8.) NO bailouts

That's a start.

I guess you didnt read my post.  Your responses have absolutely zero rationale with them.  For instance...the bailouts.  Why was it wrong, what would you have done differently to solve the problem, why would you have done it, and what would you expect the results to be?

Just saying all those things were wrong, with no reasoning or alternatives, just appears...to me at least...that you dont know why...or even if...what he did was wrong.

Thx

No rationale? Campaign Barry promised half of them. As for the bailouts, the companies should have failed. It would have been a much worse recession, but it would have self corrected, just like in 1919 without gov't intervention. Why should companies get a preference over others? AIG got a bailout (Goldman Sachs benefited from that directly) and Lehman Bros was allowed to go bankrupt (Goldman Sachs benefited from that too, L.B. was a competitor in the carbon trading scheme they're trying to establish with cap and trade).

Also, GM should have been allowed to file Chapter 11, but instead, to protect the UAW, it was a controlled bankruptcy, so the shareholders got screwed.

For every other company, when you go bankrupt, does it suck? Yea, you bet it does, but the pain is short term. The company reorganizes and then can start rehiring. You don't just prop up a failed entity as-is and get garbage like the Volt.

Offline PraXis

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 01:36:38 PM »

Right, it's "kinetic military action"  :lol  :\

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 01:41:42 PM »
I would have:

3.) Closed GITMO
4.) Leave the UN
7.) No "stimulus" bill
8.) NO bailouts

That's a start.

Thx

No rationale? Campaign Barry promised half of them. As for the bailouts, the companies should have failed. It would have been a much worse recession, but it would have self corrected, just like in 1919 without gov't intervention. Why should companies get a preference over others? AIG got a bailout (Goldman Sachs benefited from that directly) and Lehman Bros was allowed to go bankrupt (Goldman Sachs benefited from that too, L.B. was a competitor in the carbon trading scheme they're trying to establish with cap and trade).

Also, GM should have been allowed to file Chapter 11, but instead, to protect the UAW, it was a controlled bankruptcy, so the shareholders got screwed.

For every other company, when you go bankrupt, does it suck? Yea, you bet it does, but the pain is short term. The company reorganizes and then can start rehiring. You don't just prop up a failed entity as-is and get garbage like the Volt.

I'm with Praxis, he answered the question
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 01:44:25 PM »
Well that's a good vow of confidence.

Offline PraXis

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 01:44:34 PM »
Thanks.  :biggrin:

Btw, EPIC, I got your message a few days ago and tried to respond, but it said your mailbox was full. It was some great info!

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 01:51:04 PM »
Yes...the Healthcare bill not being read and slammed down our throats was aweful.

How about the budget not getting done in two years?

how about all the Czars?  Van Jones? HORRIBLE. We never ever heard the term before Obama

How about appointing Holder?

How about the treatment of Israel? and other allies

How about doing nothing during the Iranian protests, but going into Libya , the hypocrisy

How about pardoning the Black Panthers in the Philly Case?

How about his lack of leadership in the gulf oil spill?

How about not going on FOX?

How about the threat of Fairness Doctrine?

"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »
Bush invented the czar. Don't kid yourself

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 01:58:02 PM »
Thanks.  :biggrin:

Btw, EPIC, I got your message a few days ago and tried to respond, but it said your mailbox was full. It was some great info!

Youre welcome..sorry my Inbox got filled quick that day...my apologies bro

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
I would have:

3.) Closed GITMO
4.) Leave the UN
7.) No "stimulus" bill
8.) NO bailouts

That's a start.
I'm with you on some of these.  Others, not so much.  All of them, completely impossible under the current system.  As I said the other day, you occasionally make points that would be pretty sound under a dictatorship, but are little more than gibberish here in 'Merika.  

how about all the Czars?  Van Jones? HORRIBLE. We never ever heard the term before Obama

What term?  Czar?  I think Reagan's senile ass was the first to appoint a czar.  Drug czar in '82.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »

Right, it's "kinetic military action"  :lol  :\

:tup

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 02:02:16 PM »
How about sending his Uncle Rail Odinga 2 million of our dollars if not more

How about him campaigning for Odinga in Kenya. ( find out who his uncle is)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:13:56 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 02:05:16 PM »
How about Obama's illegal aunt still being in the country

How about his demonizing of the Tea Party and the verbage he uses.

How about that " if they bring a knife we will bring a gun" stuff

How about his BS after that congress woman got shot that it was the "Tea Party" that was raising the verbage that caused this sort of shooting, when that had nothing to do with it..HORRIBLE.
and he says nothing when Walker in MN is being run over by Liberals calling him every horrible name ever and the death threats he got and Obama sat silent..the hypocrisy of it

How about his illegal land deal with Rezko?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:15:49 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 02:13:57 PM »
The Tea Party demonizes itself, honestly.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 02:18:19 PM »
How aabout having Imelt as a Czar who has deals with Iran and and pays no tax.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 02:19:17 PM »
Obama didn't say anything about the tea party after giffords was shot. He said political rhetoric needs to be toned down.

I think you're determined to hate him. And I think you'll believe anything bad said about him to affirm that for you

Offline PraXis

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 02:22:54 PM »
It was that idiot Krugman who immediately blamed the Tea Party for the Tuscon shooting... he then called for civility.. but in yesterday's column Kruggie said it's time to not be civil... what exactly is he advocating?  :eek

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 02:23:59 PM »
This is the kind of news you read while checking out of the supermarket, it's usually next to news about Brad and Angelina.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Sounds like pretty much everybody in Washington.  And after a quick read up on the guy, kind reminds me of Cheney.  And you seem to forget that the entire Bush administration was in bed with the Saudis and the Iraqis (before they had to choose between one or the other).  
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 02:30:03 PM »
Obama didn't say anything about the tea party after giffords was shot. He said political rhetoric needs to be toned down.

I think you're determined to hate him. And I think you'll believe anything bad said about him to affirm that for you

and did he say a word to help Walker? who was getting death threats and having his capital building destroyed?...not a word,.... complete silence..and again rhetoric was not ths issue with that poor Gabby Giffords shooting..but Obama used her shooting to silence his critics..and allow his Union thugs SEIU to run amock in MN, showed what a fraud Obama is.

My issue is the hypocrisy. . dont you see it? Obama used that shooting to silence his oppositon who had noithing to do with her shooting
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:41:03 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
Sounds like pretty much everybody in Washington.  And after a quick read up on the guy, kind reminds me of Cheney.  And you seem to forget that the entire Bush administration was in bed with the Saudis and the Iraqis (before they had to choose between one or the other).  

9/11 happened 8 months into his Presidency..I thank him for my safety and keeping the country strong until the final 2 years when Pelosi got in power..she was going to clean up the swamp, every day GWB was  an oil guy who was gouging us at the pump..LOL.  now look at gas prices since Obama..and not a word

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 02:38:09 PM »
How about the Jack Murtha ,Hadith Marines kangaroo court conviction before they got a trial.
Obama openly supported Murthas claims.

That one made me sick

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 02:39:40 PM »
Epicview, you realize that Obama's more or less a neocon who's continued many Bush practices and policies, don't you?

They're really not all that different. I'd be happy if I shared your views.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 02:42:51 PM »
Epicview, you realize that Obama's more or less a neocon who's continued many Bush practices and policies, don't you?

what is a Neocon? I hate the term..and im not into all that stuff.

lets stay on subject if we can, but I didnt want to be rude and not respond

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
I would have:

3.) Closed GITMO
4.) Leave the UN
7.) No "stimulus" bill
8.) NO bailouts

That's a start.

Thx

I'm with Praxis, he answered the question

Actually, he didnt.  He said he would have allowed them to fail, and says everything would have corrected itself.....yet there is no way to know that.  It could have been alot worse.  Obamas bailouts may have averted a deeper recession, and possibly started the recovery sooner.  My point is that you dont know if what he did was wrong.  It seems that you both just base your opinions on the negative feelings.  Maybe your way would have taught Wall Street a lesson...and hurt American families much more severely.  Not sure how that could be considered the "right" decision.  Again...my point is that it really isnt right to call that a bad decision, as it may very well have been the correct one....or even the ONLY one.

EDIT:  Just so we are clear, you both agree that it is better to let the companies fail, putting the country into a deeper and longer recession, straining the economy and financial markets around the world.....and in effect directly and negatively affecting the well being of American familes?  Really?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 02:51:10 PM by eric42434224 »
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 02:44:50 PM »

Not to be rude, but you arent staying on subject either.  Instead of posting rants about what he did, perhaps pick just one, and respond with what you would have done differently, and why.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 02:49:09 PM »

Not to be rude, but you arent staying on subject either.  Instead of posting rants about what he did, perhaps pick just one, and respond with what you would have done differently, and why.

Just one????LOL... if he just did the oppostie in each case and that would be what should have been done, but ok I will try to say what he should have done tomorrow