Author Topic: Zelda: Twilight Princess ending *spoiler*  (Read 4306 times)

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
Zelda: Twilight Princess ending *spoiler*
« on: April 19, 2011, 08:10:59 AM »
Is down right disappointing! After not playing the game for like 6 months I decided to sit down and finish it. I was about 3 or 4 rooms from the end fight so it didn't take me long. Well I must say the end fight, while different and cool, was in no way challenging. It was pathetically easy! There were boss fights earlier in the game more challenging then this; granted the game was fairly easy to begin with.

The Zelda Puppet: This was just a rehash of previous games the moment her energy blast bounced off my shield.
Gannon Beast: OOOO Gannon runs around in a circle and charges. OH NOEZ strategy change he jumps too!
Horse fight: Wow run and shoot
Gannon Sword fight: Really? This was basically like fighting any other enemy that wields a sword in the game.

The ending sequence was also disappointing.

Overall I think the game was excellent and I thought it was better than Ocarina of Time. I could deal with the fact that it was a very easy game, up until the end fight. They just phoned it in so hard on this fight. ugh

Offline TheVoxyn

• "The X makes it sound cool"
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Zelda: Twilight Princess ending *spoiler*
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:32:43 AM »
I have to agree. I really really enjoyed the game, but the ending was as tad disappointing. Especially considering how incredible the ending in The Wind Waker was.

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 08:48:47 AM »
It might be because it was my first Zelda game, but I didn't find it disappointing at all. I thought it was good. I had a tougher challenge though because I was on the phone with my friend at the same time and she gave me faulty directions on how to do so the horse part took FOREVER. :D Also, just sword fighting, as in the last part, was my favourite part of the game. I found it nice to end it with a "regular" fight, just longer and tougher.

The Wind Waker, on the other hand! Everyone kept telling me how awesome the ending was and then it was so anti-climactic. I was fighting for a while and then suddenly I won and nothing cool at all happened...

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:02:41 AM »
I dunno, I was content with the fact that they finally pit Link against Ganon mano a mano in an actual swordfight.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 09:09:08 AM »
I dunno, I was content with the fact that they finally pit Link against Ganon mano a mano in an actual swordfight.

I thought it was cool too. Just wish it was difficult I should have had to use all bottles on the end boss, like games of old.

Offline TJPNET

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 09:12:01 AM »

This. I thought it was particularly epic.

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »

The Wind Waker, on the other hand! Everyone kept telling me how awesome the ending was and then it was so anti-climactic. I was fighting for a while and then suddenly I won and nothing cool at all happened...
It was Link fighting Ganondorf, while Zelda was firing light arrows at him and the whole world around them was crashing down. And they were fighting on top of the hyrule of OoT. How is that not awesome?

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 09:32:20 AM »

It was Link fighting Ganondorf, while Zelda was firing light arrows at him and the whole world around them was crashing down. And they were fighting on top of the hyrule of OoT. How is that not awesome?

So it was a variation on the Twilight Princess fight?

Offline TheVoxyn

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 09:36:16 AM »

So it was a variation on the Twilight Princess fight?
It was similar to the final part of the Twilight Princess yet more awesome.

I thought the fight way versus Ganondorf as a whole was pretty cool (with dark beast Ganon and stuff) but it was waaaay too easy. Something the Twilight Princess has all the way through though. I would like it even more if then upped the difficulty a bit. The bosses looked big and epic but they were so easy to beat...

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 09:15:34 PM »
I thought the fight was pretty good overall, just too easy, like every other enemy in the game. At least it wasn't stupid easy like the spider or balrog boss fights (ugh).

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 09:56:50 PM »

Oh, God, it was amazing!

Yeah, Ganon typically isn't to difficult to defeat in most of the games.... Come to think of it, very few Zelda bosses are. The atmosphere and whatnot are great though.  :tup

And Wind Waker wasn't awful, just wasn't climactic enough, like you mentined.

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 12:57:46 PM »
It's funny you mentioned this. Because I just finished Ocarina of Time a couple of days ago after (sort of) giving up on Ganon's castle about a year ago.  I finally looked up some hints and was able to finish it.   Once I figured out how to replinish my power, arrows and hearts during the last battle it was super easy.  I thought the ending for Twilight Princess was harder.  But the hardest final boss ending for any Zelda game for me is the one that I never finished.  That would be the minish cap.  On that one I got Zelda out of the castle after beating the boss.  I only had like 2 hearts left.  Then the boss came back (as he usually does) and killed me.  When I saw that I had to redo all of Hyrule castle again.  I quit and never attempted it again.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 01:00:05 PM »
That Minish Cap boss is an absolute nightmare. I attempted twice and never tried again.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »
That Minish Cap boss is an absolute nightmare. I attempted twice and never tried again.

truth. took me a while to do it...

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 01:14:13 PM »
Meh, I just read a guide and beat it.  Did take me around three tries though, and it was around the release year so I can't be arsed to go through it again now.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 01:28:21 PM »
It's funny you mentioned this. Because I just finished Ocarina of Time a couple of days ago after (sort of) giving up on Ganon's castle about a year ago.  I finally looked up some hints and was able to finish it.   Once I figured out how to replinish my power, arrows and hearts during the last battle it was super easy.  I thought the ending for Twilight Princess was harder.  But the hardest final boss ending for any Zelda game for me is the one that I never finished.  That would be the minish cap.  On that one I got Zelda out of the castle after beating the boss.  I only had like 2 hearts left.  Then the boss came back (as he usually does) and killed me.  When I saw that I had to redo all of Hyrule castle again.  I quit and never attempted it again.

Try again! I know it's irritating to have to do it again, just be careful with your health.  :tup

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »
I don't really remember the boss fight. I think I had trouble with pig ganon, but I dont think I died once so it couldnt have been too hard.

Twilight Princess  :heart

Offline Durg

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »

Try again! I know it's irritating to have to do it again, just be careful with your health.  :tup

My son keeps all the DS and Gameboy cartridges.  I'm sure he's lost that one.  He'd lose his head if it wasn't attached.  Anyway I think he deleted my name.  I'd have to start all over.  I'm just waiting for Skyward Sword.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline The Degenerate

• The Knight of Noir
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 07:01:34 PM »
Zant is the best them
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." ~ Tyrion Lannister

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »
Hell no. Zant was the most badass Zelda enemy in a long time up until they revealed that idiotic backstory and turned him into some goofy childlike guy. Terrible payoff.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »
Majora's Mask had a pretty sick final boss fight... unless you got the deity mask, in which it became a thousand times easier.

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 08:37:56 PM »
Hell no. Zant was the most badass Zelda enemy in a long time up until they revealed that idiotic backstory and turned him into some goofy childlike guy. Terrible payoff.

He was SO AWESOME unless he looked stupid.  :yeahright

Majora's Mask had a pretty sick final boss fight... unless you got the deity mask, in which it became a thousand times easier.

I was unfortunate enough to have said mask and found it way too easy.  :sadpanda:

My son keeps all the DS and Gameboy cartridges.  I'm sure he's lost that one.  He'd lose his head if it wasn't attached.  Anyway I think he deleted my name.  I'd have to start all over.  I'm just waiting for Skyward Sword.

I KNOW! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

Offline Logical Nightmare

• DTF.org Member
  • YAAAY! awww...
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 02:38:16 AM »

Oh, God, it was amazing!

Yeah, Ganon typically isn't to difficult to defeat in most of the games.... Come to think of it, very few Zelda bosses are. The atmosphere and whatnot are great though.  :tup

And Wind Waker wasn't awful, just wasn't climactic enough, like you mentined.
The thing is everyone said the ENDING would be amazing, not the actual fight, which was probably what they meant but I misunderstood. So I went through the whole fight just waiting for the extreme awesomeness that was yet to come, and when it was time for that, the stuff that was actually awesome was over. :lol

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 05:51:38 AM »

Word for word.  I really hope the new villian in Skyward Sword (nicknamed "Debbie" by the fans) can do what Zant could not.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 09:56:01 AM »
Just finished this game last night. Fight was harder than it should have been for me, btu I was overly desperate to finish since we're having guests for the next week and I wouldn't have been able to play while they are here. I thought the horseback component was a cool idea, and it was nice to have just a simple sword duel to finish the battle.

And maybe it is just because I played this game around the birth of my child and was focused on other things, but at no point did I have any freaking clue what was going on in this game in terms of the story.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline j

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »
It's been several years since I played it, but I don't remember being disappointed in the final battle at all.  In fact I remember it being pretty epic.

I haven't played Wind Waker.  Maybe I should try to get around to that.

-J

Offline zepp-head

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 02:00:48 PM »
I understand the disappointment but I thought it was badass.  It was basically a sword fight on steroids, and I thought it was awesome that Ganondorf was so much bigger than Link (speaking of which, Twilight Princess has the best art style in the series since A Link to the Past).

Also, the music was EPIC (and nostalgic).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDuhSdtvhUY

ALSO, I'm sure most of you know this, but you can distract him with the fishing rod in this battle.

Offline Durg

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 08:49:13 AM »

He didn't lose Minish Cap and he did delete my character.  But this weekend he started me a new one, handed the Game Boy to me (which I took), then said, "You can play this Dad".   :facepalm:  Now I'm addicted to this stupid game again.  I played it the majority of the day yesterday (Father's day).  I really hate the whole keystone piece.  BUT NOW I HAVE TO FINISH IT!  I'm such a slave to Zelda. 

Skyward Sword please hurry up!