Author Topic: Very sad to hear about Jem and FROST*  (Read 795 times)

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Very sad to hear about Jem and FROST*
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 10:05:58 AM »
Old news, but still very sad news.  :-\
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline robwebster

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 10:11:46 AM »
He's actually returned, now... A little more triumphantly. Frost*'s still gone, but he's making new music. In 4/4!

Shame it won't be prog - he actually talks about franchising the Frost* band off to someone else, I think it might be properly finished - but he's in good stead, and it's not the end of the road for the good ship Godfrey (to mix metaphors).

Here oo go. New blog and everything. New beginning. https://jemgodfrey.blogspot.com/

I found out why I was so unhappy through a process of elimination. Turns out it was Frost*.

I was watching an interview with Peter Gabriel last night from 1980 and in it he explained that one of the reasons he left Genesis was because as it got more successful, he felt it became too safe and less willing to take risks. He didn't want to end up not being able to do what he truly wanted to do creatively for the sake of keeping "the machine" going. I was doing Frost* on and off for 7 years and the longer it went on, the more I felt exactly the same way. I'm glad I'm not the first person to have felt like that, it made me feel like I wasn't such a loony.

I started writing the first album as an antidote to all the pop I was having to write at the time. I suddenly realised at the end of last year (and not without a wry smile I must admit) that everything I'd started writing was now an antidote to Frost*.

But it's not all bad news, one idea I discussed with Andy Edwards recently was to franchise Frost*. If somebody felt they could run with it, I'd be open to giving them the brand and letting them carry on the band. I'm not sure if that's ever been done before, but Frost* was always about doing things differently. If there's anybody out there who fancies that, do let me know won't you? I can't give you the keyboards though sadly, they've gone now. You'd have to find your own musicians too obviously...

Time for a photo of a horse -

And so to the future...I have been writing. I have 6 songs so far. I have a new sound too made by new and interesting instruments wot I've bought. I'm very very excited too because this is not a band. This is only me. I can write anything I like, work with who I like, produce them up how I like and release them as and when I like. It in, in short, bloody marvellous to be free.

Free to do whatever I want, and for it to be ok.

Offline EstyMaJ

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:26:02 AM »
Well its good to see he is feeling better but still sad For Frost*

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 10:37:54 AM »
Exciting news!!!!