News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

An Exclusive Look into The Band’s Search for a New Drummer

Started by Weymolith, April 18, 2011, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic35

STEVETHEATER

Quote from: Gadough on April 29, 2011, 12:59:58 PM
Quote from: STEVETHEATER on April 29, 2011, 12:55:17 PM
Quote from: rumborak on April 29, 2011, 12:45:38 PM
Quote from: jamhet on April 29, 2011, 12:31:36 PM
Quote from: rumborak on April 29, 2011, 10:52:11 AM
Ok, I gotta be honest here. I don't even get why DT bothered to invite Aquiles. Angra is 100% power metal, and DT is 0%.
Nonsense.
DT's sound is very much rooted in power metal. Today, I'd say DT is at least 25% power metal.

rumborak

I have zero tolerance for power metal. Trust me, DT is not power metal.

rumborak

I agree with Rumborak... DT is not power metal... Amon Armath is power metal.

Hey Steve. One of your epic DT wallpapers with all five members, but now with Mangini. Make it happen! ;)

LOL!... go to page 87 :corn

Aniland

theusualmadness

JR posted this on facebook. That drum setup is awesome!

https://ow.ly/i/aW37

EDIT: OK someone posted this at the same time.

Gadough

ReaPsTA

Quote from: Nic35 on April 29, 2011, 01:02:49 PM
Here's a pic of MM and his monster.

https://ow.ly/i/aW37

I'm telling you guys, this is a man that gets it.  Oh my god that's a great kit.  So happy he's in the band.  So, so happy.

Nic35

bosk1

Aniland

Somebody, quick! Photoshop something awesome inbetween Mangini's outstretched hands!

The Presence of Frenemies

DT isn't really power metal, but they do go in that direction occasionally. JLB's early vocals are fairly power metal-influenced. And some SC/BCSL has a power metal vibe.

Plus, power metal can take some fairly progressive drum work, so with Priester, it's a moot point. It's sure closer to DT than Roddy's work, or even Wildoer's (minus SI).

JPX

Quote from: Aniland on April 29, 2011, 01:06:53 PM
Somebody, quick! Photoshop something awesome inbetween Mangini's outstretched hands!

A bass!

Dimitrius

tri.ad

ReaPsTA

Quote from: Dimitrius on April 29, 2011, 01:12:29 PM
I so don't want to be his drum tech! :lol

:lol

I actually want to know how you'd mic that thing.  Would two overheads be enough?

Progmetty

Just saw the 3rd part of the documentry, did I just see Mangini orgasm? :lol

bosk1

I have to say, after seeing that pic, my opinion on whether Mike is a good fit for DT is changing for the worse.

Nic35

Quote from: bösk1 on April 29, 2011, 01:18:06 PM
I have to say, after seeing that pic, my opinion on whether Mike is a good fit for DT is changing for the worse.
Why ? :|

ReaPsTA

Eheeemeemehemehemeeheme what?  One of the coolest parts of MP being in the band was the crazy drum kits he came up with.  Mangini is carrying on one of my favorite DT traditions with style!

Dimitrius

What do you mean?

Ben_Jamin

I'll wait until the new album to form my opinion on him.

But I honestly don't care as along as they continue to make music and tour.

bosk1

I mean, the dude has had like 6 months to prepare now, and yet he STILL has not grown a beard and dyed it some unnatural color.  What kind of DT drummer is he?

ReaPsTA

Quote from: bösk1 on April 29, 2011, 01:19:50 PM
I mean, the dude has had like 6 months to prepare now, and yet he STILL has not grown a beard and dyed it some unnatural color.  What kind of DT drummer is he?

:lol

Ooooooohhh you sly man you.

tri.ad

Dimitrius

bosk1

Quote from: tri.ad on April 29, 2011, 01:20:42 PM
... Oh man.

Hush you!  It's not too late to pull out the Friday theme again if you step out of line.

Nic35

Quote from: bösk1 on April 29, 2011, 01:19:50 PM
Successful troll is successful

Lowdz

Quote from: JPX on April 29, 2011, 01:10:51 PM
Quote from: Aniland on April 29, 2011, 01:06:53 PM

A bass!
The other auditionees' heads

KevShmev

Quote from: The Presence of Frenemies on April 29, 2011, 01:08:01 PM
DT isn't really power metal, but they do go in that direction occasionally. JLB's early vocals are fairly power metal-influenced. And some SC/BCSL has a power metal vibe.

DT goes in a lot of different directions occasionally.

Aniland

Dimitrius

King Postwhore

Quote from: KevShmev on April 29, 2011, 01:27:34 PM
Quote from: The Presence of Frenemies on April 29, 2011, 01:08:01 PM

DT goes in a lot of different directions occasionally.

But no, they power metal. No!!!!  
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Aniland