An Exclusive Look into The Band’s Search for a New Drummer

Started by Weymolith, April 18, 2011, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jirpo

Saw the video! Nothing new announced, don't worry. The drummers faces were shown, I can't recognise most of them. Basically just the band talking and someone narrating. Nothing too interesting, but very cool to watch, and the countdown was fun :D

King Postwhore

Quote from: rumborak on April 21, 2011, 07:54:53 AM
Oh man, I hope this isn't a promotional video for the announcement. You know, in American deep-bass announcer style: "GET READY FOR A DEEP VIEW INTO THE AUDITION PROCESS OF THE MOST NOTORIOUS PROG METAL...."

rumborak

It was but it was cool.  I need to see more videos of the process now.
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Aniland

THE SPIRIT CARRIES ON. IT'S A FUCKING MOVIE. THEY MADE US A MOVIE AND THAT'S WHY THEY DIDN'T JUST TELL US. BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING BADASSES AND I LOVE THEM AND THEY LOVE US.

JayOctavarium

its not letting me watch the vid... I subscribe but it just shows me a black screen

jsem

LOLOLOLOLOL

What a waste of time this was.. ah well. Typical promo vid.

I want more.

7StringedBeast

changing_seasons

It almost looks like one of the songs played on the auditions was The Count of Tuscany.

Aramatheis

I thought it was a decent video

Lang looked like he was enjoying himself. It'd be cool if it was him

Chino

MuumiPeikko

Just watched the video.

Shame on me - I only recognize Virgil Donati  :-\

Aniland

You people are unbelievable. LOOK AT THIS AWESOME FUCKING THING THEY GAVE US. For fuck's sake.

Aramatheis

So does anyone think "The Spirit Carries On" might be the name of the new album?

lateralus88

theusualmadness

They said we would know when the drummer announcement would be made. I have not seen this yet, watched the commercial though.

unspoken

WOW...Justin Bieber rocked those drums!!!!! ........

Just kidding

kartmaze2

I recognized Lang, Priester, Minnemann and probably Mangini and MAYBE Wildoer.

Chino

Quote from: Aniland on April 21, 2011, 08:10:40 AM
You people are unbelievable. LOOK AT THIS AWESOME FUCKING THING THEY GAVE US. For fuck's sake.

No. It's crap.

ZBomber

7StringedBeast

hahahaha so Priester did audition!?  hahahahahahahaha so funny and ironic.

chrisbDTM

i think that only makes two of us who liked it

i think all the cheesyness is on RR's end

Aquila Chrysaetos

bosk1

Quote from: 7StringedBeast on April 21, 2011, 08:09:09 AM
Was one of those guys Priester?

Yes.  And I'm genuinely shocked.

Good video, by the way.  But I was cracking up watching it and thinking about rumborak's post.  @rumby for totally calling that one:

o/

Rafael Guerra

kartmaze2

The Presence of Frenemies

Quote from: Aramatheis on April 21, 2011, 08:11:03 AM
So does anyone think "The Spirit Carries On" might be the name of the new album?

Haha, I can only imagine. Metropolis Part 3: The Spirit Carries On.

In which Nicholas and the hypnotherapist are reincarnated as the Count of Tuscany and his BRUTHAAAA.

7StringedBeast

all bets could possibly be off?  Although given all the leaks that now appear to have actually been pretty accurate.  I am willing to believe its Mangini for sure.

JayOctavarium

skydivingninja

Well the video itself was a bit cheesy and if we were only waiting to hear the announcement so RR could make this really bombastic video about the process, then I'm a bit peeved that we had to wait so long. That being said I'm incredibly excited to see some footage and get one step closer to finding out who it is!

However, wtf?  Priester did actually audition?  HUH?  (I'm taking your word for it guys, I didn't recognize most of the people outside of Minnemann, Lang, Wildoer, and Donati)

Jirpo

Quote from: chrisbDTM on April 21, 2011, 08:12:26 AM

i think that only makes two of us who liked it

i think all the cheesyness is on RR's end
I liked it. I knew it wasn't going to be anything huge to begin with, so I didn't get too excited. I just took the video for what it was, and it was good to see the guys looking happy and to see all the drummers.

chrisgazpacho

Quote from: kartmaze2 on April 21, 2011, 08:11:51 AM
I recognized Lang, Priester, Minnemann and probably Mangini and MAYBE Wildoer.

Mangini is the one who threw his sticks in the air.

So is this going to be a full on doc?  Seems WAY to produced for a 3min promo clip for YouTube.  Very well done.

Jamesman42

I honestly liked the video. A bit cheesy but hey, whatever. Getting some insight into the auditions, which is what everyone wants.
\o\ lol /o/

nikatapi

I am mostly shocked about Derek Roddy. I didn't imagine he could be one of the candidates, mostly because he is more extreme metal oriented. He is a great drummer, it will be interesting to see him play some DT songs.

7StringedBeast

Looks like they will probably keep leaking out videos over the next few days/weeks.  More and more information on the process.  This could take us right up to the release of the new album possibly.

Adami

So I recognized Mangini, Minneman, Lang, Priester (damnit), and I think Donati. Who were the other guys for sure?

Also, I loved the vid, it was the perfect first promo vid.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

Raziel666

Now I can laugh with all those "Priester? No fckn' way!" responses.

P.s. The video shows a black screen here... :/