News:

Dreamtheaterforums.org is a place of peace.  ...except when it is a place of BEING ON FIRE!!!

Main Menu

An Exclusive Look into The Band’s Search for a New Drummer

Started by Weymolith, April 18, 2011, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumborak

An interesting thing about the article was that it actually had inside information, obviously from one of the drummers on the list. The fact that they were negative on the whole event makes me wonder whether at least that particular drummer didn't like how this went down.

rumborak

Aniland

The spin in that article is overwhelmingly rude. I don't see how it could possibly be disrespectful or ill-advised of DT to have done it that way.

rumborak

How is it rude? Can you not put yourself into the shoes of a drummer who, only in order to audition for a band, has to create and hand over significant amount of video tape of himself, with zero subsequent control over how this is released and presented?
I'm writing this off as "tough luck, it's music business", but I'm sure all of us would grind our teeth handing over those tapes and signing the contract.

rumborak

Jamesman42

Hmm. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens tomorrow to get more perspective...oh wait.
\o\ lol /o/

rumborak

I just read that article again and looked at the list of drummers there, and I'm now questioning its sources. It kinda reads they got their info from DTF, seriously (aren't we "close to the source", so to speak?). And the bizarre inclusion of Aquiles Priester in that list makes me wonder whether there isn't some truth to the notion.

rumborak

Adami

Quote from: rumborak on April 20, 2011, 08:49:53 PM
I just read that article again and looked at the list of drummers there, and I'm now questioning its sources. It kinda reads they got their info from DTF, seriously. And the bizarre inclusion of Aquiles Priester in that list makes me wonder whether there isn't some truth to the notion.

rumborak

Yea it looks like someone has no sources, the once source they mentioned at the beginning was obviously that DJ guy who's name escapes me. So it's probably just a person ranting.
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

atmyne

It kinda reads they got their info from DTF,
exactly what I thought.
Also, the article states that Peter Wildoer was one of the people who auditioned...
Peter Wildoer said he was not asked to audition...

-__-

Jamesman42

I just read that article again and looked at the list of drummers there, and I'm now questioning its sources. It kinda reads they got their info from DTF, seriously (aren't we "close to the source", so to speak?). And the bizarre inclusion of Aquiles Priester in that list makes me wonder whether there isn't some truth to the notion.

rumborak

yeah, when I saw Aquiles, that made me think it was not sound
\o\ lol /o/

Ben_Jamin

It was funny when I saw all those guys mentioned.

Either way less then 12 hours to go...gonna wake up and see what the hubub is.

Adami

So just to make sure I'm good, it's 11am ET and 10am CT?
[url="//www.fanticide.bandcamp.com"]www.fanticide.bandcamp.com[/url]

Chino

Nihil-Morari

jonny108

Orion1967

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

Chino

unspoken

unspoken

Quote from: unspoken on April 21, 2011, 06:12:59 AM
1 hour and 47 minutes left...biatches  :metal

...until the "sign-up-here-to-eventually-at-any-time-in-this-life-or-the-other-receive-an-official-hint-on-who-will-be-the-new-drummer" event!!!

cyberdrummer

JR: "In one hour and a half sign up ... to our Dream Theater Facebook page and get to see the audition process!"

jonny108

This beginning to get tense  :) Time is moving very slowly  :lol

7StringedBeast

Jamesman42

From JR's status, it sounds like we'll actually see the auditions today. But who knows.
\o\ lol /o/

Aniland

Chino

jsem

So what exactly is going to happen on facebook? I don't get it. Are they gonna post vids of the auditions?

They're gonna announce the drummer, right?  :lol

I'm lost....

Aniland

JR says on his new Tweet that we get to "see the audition process".

Jamesman42

jsem: We are signing up to an exclusive mailing list. Either we will just be signing up today, or we will see the audition videos today (or maybe even just a preview of the audition videos). We may find out today or soon through the mailing list when and how they will announce the drummer.
\o\ lol /o/

Aniland

Honestly, I'm expecting something super funny and like that episode of South Park where the boys audition for a new friend, and they end up doing a The Bachelor-type parody to narrow it down.

jsem

So... I guess I'll sign up to facebook with fake info and put my email on the mailing list..??

bosk1

There appears to be a fair amount of bogus info in that "article."