News:

DreamTheaterForums is a place for people who just don't have the time for music anymore. 

Main Menu

An Exclusive Look into The Band’s Search for a New Drummer

Started by Weymolith, April 18, 2011, 08:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Postwhore

"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'." - Bon Newhart.

blackngold29

I really don't understand this, at all. There's no reason for e-mail lists anymore. Anything "exclusive" will be online for everyone to see 30 seconds later. Don't tell me a time to come back later, don't tell me to check back anywhere ever period. If it's not done, don't bother me with it. If it is done, put it up.

Just put it on your website. Have JP and JR tweet it and fb status it. Everybody sees it directly at the source.

I'm annoyed at companies that don't know how to broadcast their messages correctly. /rant not solely directed at DT

EDIT: Just to clarify, I fucking love that we'll probably get a video series dedicated to who the new drummer is and the audition process, but I just don't like the delivery route.

Ben_Jamin

theusualmadness

I am pretty sure it will be posted on their official website, along with other websites.

blackngold29

Quote from: theusualmadness on April 18, 2011, 11:52:03 AM
I am pretty sure it will be posted on their official website, along with other websites.
Exactly, so why the whole fb mailing list waste?

theusualmadness

Quote from: blackngold29 on April 18, 2011, 11:52:42 AM
Quote from: theusualmadness on April 18, 2011, 11:52:03 AM
Exactly, so why the whole fb mailing list waste?

Good question. I think it will be posted there first.

Tick

The one cool thing about Facebook  is that you can actually create your own web pages to promote whatever you wish for free on there site. That is kind of cool.

Ben_Jamin

Maybe its for footage regarding their search, not nessecarily about the new drummer. Read thread title, that's what this is. Of course, they'll post the drummer announcement.

kennedymichael

How about this - They release an audition video each week and the last one is the drummer.

or a variation on this . . . .

Metropolis pt.-1

Quote from: kennedymichael on April 18, 2011, 12:07:04 PM
How about this - They release an audition video each week and the last one is the drummer.

or a variation on this . . . .

I doubt we will wait another 7 weeks for the announcement.

ZeppelinDT

I wonder if they'll have Ryan Seacrest hosting these videos...

robwebster

Quote from: bösk1 on April 18, 2011, 11:12:52 AM
I haven't done one of these posts in a LONG time (like way back in the DT.net days), but I think it's time for:

The Score So Far, According to bosk1.

So, thus far in the thread, we have the following posts:

-Official announcements about how all this works:  1 post
-Posts asking how all this works (or attempting to answer):  14 posts
-Fanboy appreciation (not that there's anything wrong with that):  7 posts
-"It's about time!"/"Good, now we can finally stop speculating":  5 posts
-Debates about Facebook:  21 posts
-"I stopped caring _ months ago":   2 posts
-Veiled jabs at Mike Portnoy:  4 posts
-Drummer speculation:  2 posts
-Rebecca Black discussion:  2 posts

I'd say the thread is developing along expected lines.  :biggrin:
Oh welcome back!

Now, score the drummer bets thread.

bosk1

DeanTheater

Quote from: Writer on April 18, 2011, 08:26:00 AM
4/21 is day after Portnoy's birthday.

Nice  :hat

and Adolf Hitler.................NUGGETZ

cant wait for the reveal.  sweeeeeet

TAC

Quote from: bösk1 on April 18, 2011, 12:59:10 PM
:lol  I don't have that much time.

Don't worry Bosk, I got this one for you..

-"interesting posts"..29
-"spam"..4600
Quote from: wkiml on June 08, 2012, 09:06:35 AMwould have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Quote from: Buddyhunter1 on April 22, 2023, 05:54:45 PMTAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

emtee

If Wiki is correct Mangini's birthday is 4/18/63. Chicken nugget.

I'll pass on signing up for anything. When the album comes out I'll buy it. Then I'll go from there.

The Silent Cody

bosk1

No.  But I'm open to the "fullfillment of prophesy" option.

bloop

7StringedBeast

My birthday is the day after the mailing list will go up on their facebook.  Am I the new drummer?  Stay tuned.

cookienut

About time we finally discover something useful.

Oh and also about DT's new drummer

Jamesman42

This is awesome, and I have that day off. Best believe I be on the internet at that time
\o\ lol /o/

MemoryScenes

Hopefully some kind forum goers will offer up links to any (potential) videos discovered from the exclusive. For those of us who avoid Facebook like the plague.

The Silent Cody

bosk1

Quote from: MemoryScenes on April 18, 2011, 04:14:35 PM
Hopefully some kind forum goers will offer up links to any (potential) videos discovered from the exclusive. For those of us who avoid Facebook like the plague.

Depending on what lengths the band goes to to keep these exclusive, that may or may not end up being a bannable offense.  Hopefully, anyone who is inclined to post any such thing has the sense to ask permission once we are a bit closer and I have a better idea about whether or not that sort of thing can be allowed.

OsMosis2259

I'm getting pretty excited for this but sounds like there are going to be so many announcements which I don't really get the point. It's been 6-7 months already since MP left and I wish they can just tell us who the drummer is and get it over with...

Are we going to officially find out on Thursday or is there going to be just another announcement?

rumborak

Quoteto sign up for the mailing list and to receive more details about an exclusive and intimate look at the auditions

o_O?

Could they have made it sound any more shifty? :lol
I really, really hope they don't just announce on the mailing list that the auditions will be part of a DVD package of the new album.

rumborak

MemoryScenes

With respect Bosk, at this point I would think DT would benefit from and want this exposure. I understand your tentative position though because of the word 'exclusive' and lack of further detail. I guess we will all see on Thursday!

bosk1

I just don't know at this point.  I don't have any further information, so it's hard to say what I should and shouldn't allow, and I haven't gotten any direction one way or the other from management.  But even though we are not an "official" forum, I do respect the band's wishes on stuff like that, as it says in the forum rules, so we'll just have to wait and see what the info is and what the band wants done with it.

MemoryScenes

Yeah, I can understand your position.
Hopefully, we just get some good links to some hq youtube vids!  :tup

Ben_Jamin

That's true Bosk. You should ask if this info is strict or if its available to post.

bosk1

Quote from: Ben_Jamin on April 18, 2011, 04:58:52 PM
That's true Bosk. You should ask if this info is strict or if its available to post.

I've asked.  No info yet, but I'm sure I'll get some sort of answer when the time is right and I'll let you guys know what is or is not okay to repost.

njdtfan

Quote from: bösk1 on April 18, 2011, 04:51:44 PM
I just don't know at this point.  I don't have any further information, so it's hard to say what I should and shouldn't allow, and I haven't gotten any direction one way or the other from management.  But even though we are not an "official" forum, I do respect the band's wishes on stuff like that, as it says in the forum rules, so we'll just have to wait and see what the info is and what the band wants done with it.
100% agree.