Author Topic: An Exclusive Look into The Band’s Search for a New Drummer  (Read 665068 times)

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
Re: An Exclusive Look into The Band’s Search for a New Drummer
« Reply #2660 on: April 29, 2011, 08:22:04 AM »
Last speculation: remember how James wasn't allowed to tour for static impulse? It was due to international work visas (Peter is from Sweden). So maybe all these legal issues were over that again so Peter could be in DT. And the USA finally cleared the situation allowing DT to release the documentary

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #2661 on: April 29, 2011, 08:22:42 AM »
Peter, I would like to take a moment to thank you. Darkane is one of the bands that got me in to metal. While that was almost 6 years ago, if not for you, I might might not be amongst all this excitement today.

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #2662 on: April 29, 2011, 08:23:57 AM »
Last speculation: remember how James wasn't allowed to tour for static impulse? It was due to international work visas (Peter is from Sweden). So maybe all these legal issues were over that again so Peter could be in DT. And the USA finally cleared the situation allowing DT to release the documentary

I think this huge delay was - at least partly - due to broadcasting contract negotiations (at least the interview with the director of the documentary pointed it out).
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline nikatapi

« Reply #2663 on: April 29, 2011, 08:24:43 AM »
I cant wait to see the ANTR blastbeats by mr. Wildoer :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2664 on: April 29, 2011, 08:24:48 AM »
Peter, I would like to take a moment to thank you. Darkane is one of the bands that got me in to metal. While that was almost 6 years ago, if not for you, I might might not be amongst all this excitement today.

Actually, while we're on the subject, on behalf of the forum, I'd like to also like to thank Peter for posting here and giving all kinds of inside scoop to us crazed music fanatics.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #2665 on: April 29, 2011, 08:25:05 AM »
Watching the Trailer and the first two Episodes before the third one gets posted...it's gonna be a marathon!

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Aniland

« Reply #2666 on: April 29, 2011, 08:26:53 AM »
I thought about doing that, but they're so fresh in my mind that it'll just seem redundant to me.

Offline Orion1967

« Reply #2667 on: April 29, 2011, 08:26:57 AM »
Wildoer, please take any criticisms with an open mind. DTF can be very analytic (if you can't already tell) of things like this. it's probably a little weird to be so close to a lot of people seeing your audition.

No worries! I've seen some people changing their opinion on me since they "hated" me for doing screams on LaBrie's album.  ;)  Also, I know that the other drummers are the top names in the drumming community while I'm the underdog so I think I'll be able to take it. Or, maybe I'll be out of here forever...   ;)

41 minutes (if not posted early)

Peter,
I personally havent given a congratulations or shown any direct love and for that I apologize.  I do think that your work with JLB was absolutely brilliant!  My son who starts university this year majoring in drumset performance is a big fan of yours now after me playing the static impulse album for him.  He made the comment that he thought you were better than portnoy (he is not as big of a DT fan as I would like him to be unfortunately but he does appreciate their virtuosity and technical skill) as the sound of the ablum was more in line with the music he likes.  I hope that you stick around here as I love reading thoughts and opinions of fantastic musicians such as yourself.

Sincere respect man!  
-Mike
Cool Story Bro. 

Tell it again

Offline TheMadgician

« Reply #2668 on: April 29, 2011, 08:27:38 AM »

Actually, while we're on the subject, on behalf of the forum, I'd like to also like to thank Peter for posting here and giving all kinds of inside scoop to us crazed music fanatics.

Indeed. I'm supremely grateful that you're taking the time to come here and post. It is very much appreciated.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #2669 on: April 29, 2011, 08:27:56 AM »

I think this huge delay was - at least partly - due to broadcasting contract negotiations (at least the interview with the director of the documentary pointed it out).

not buying that it took 6.5 months for that

Offline Nighthawkwill7

• Purveyor of All Things Laser-Guided
« Reply #2670 on: April 29, 2011, 08:28:30 AM »
Watching the Trailer and the first two Episodes before the third one gets posted...it's gonna be a marathon!

-Marc.

I already have Parts 1 & 2 primed and ready so!

T-Minus 32 minutes and counting (Unless uploaded earlier)
 :hat

Offline Aniland

« Reply #2671 on: April 29, 2011, 08:31:51 AM »
Remember guys: it's a big video and it's HD. That means it was probably uploaded HOURS ago, but it's set to private. It's probably all a matter of when somebody at Roadrunner decides to check the little Publix box. :)

Apologies to the RR team for the influx of messages they'll get now.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2672 on: April 29, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
So here's my concern ... I want to  get too the link to the final episode WITHOUT seeing a billion references saying.."OMG!!  **** is the new drummer!!!!"  How do I best achieve that??...LOL

Offline tri.ad

• The Invisible Man
  • DT.net Member
« Reply #2673 on: April 29, 2011, 08:32:39 AM »
Watch it on the RR channel; commentaries won't be seen by default there.
... And you ask me: "Where's my hairspray?"

Mentlegen.

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2674 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:13 AM »
So here's my concern ... I want to  get too the link to the final episode WITHOUT seeing a billion references saying.."OMG!!  **** is the new drummer!!!!"  How do I best achieve that??...LOL
https://www.youtube.com/user/RoadrunnerRecords

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #2675 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:22 AM »

Twenty minutes of watching first.  You won't have to worry.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline IdoSC

Offline Aniland

« Reply #2677 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:59 AM »
There are asshats who will skip to the end to ruin the suspense for the sake of 'knowing first'.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #2678 on: April 29, 2011, 08:34:29 AM »
@Wildoer
The drumming on the pre-chorus and chorus of Jekyll or Hyde is among the most catchy and awesome drumming I've heard in quite a while(as it is throughout the song and album). Thanks (yet another one) for being here and being such down to earth guy sharing precious and interesting info with us all.

If I may ask a question: you prepared material for touring with James, how was learning/playing the Mangini parts of previous albums compared to the DT songs you had to learn? Was it a similar process, what were the challenges, etc?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:44:23 AM by abydos »

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2679 on: April 29, 2011, 08:34:41 AM »

Hear hear! :)
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline Aniland

« Reply #2680 on: April 29, 2011, 08:34:54 AM »
IT'S UP  :omg:  :omg:  :omg:

...IT'S LANG. WTF

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #2681 on: April 29, 2011, 08:35:17 AM »
not buying that it took 6.5 months for that

Spend two seconds trying to understand the legal wranglings of the entertainment industry, then you'll buy it.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2682 on: April 29, 2011, 08:35:53 AM »

Twenty minutes of watching first.  You won't have to worry.

Good point...lol... but you know SOMEONE will jump too the end... :lol  OK, so best bet is the youtube link probably....

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #2683 on: April 29, 2011, 08:36:35 AM »
IT'S UP  :omg:  :omg:  :omg:

...IT'S LANG. WTF

Haw haw.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2684 on: April 29, 2011, 08:39:05 AM »
Can we agree not to post the name of the new drummer all over this place until at least 15 minutes after its been posted??
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #2685 on: April 29, 2011, 08:40:10 AM »
I just posted a sticky saying not to post it in thread titles.  I already have my update thread and my official announcement thread typed, and I made sure to go out of my way to not include info in the title.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Plasmastrike

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2686 on: April 29, 2011, 08:41:36 AM »
I think if you're honestly worried about getting surprised or anything, then it'd be best to avoid DTF and just watch the video.

Offline Durg

• Evil Java Genius & Horder of Open Source Software
« Reply #2687 on: April 29, 2011, 08:41:40 AM »
Can we agree not to post the name of the new drummer all over this place until at least 15 minutes after its been posted??

Yes.  Please.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2688 on: April 29, 2011, 08:41:48 AM »
I just posted a sticky saying not to post it in thread titles.  I already have my update thread and my official announcement thread typed, and I made sure to go out of my way to not include info in the title.

You Da Man Bosky!!!  Gracias... :hat

Offline Aniland

« Reply #2689 on: April 29, 2011, 08:42:03 AM »
 :D

Offline roccer

« Reply #2690 on: April 29, 2011, 08:42:49 AM »
How many seconds do you wait before refreshing??? :P

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2691 on: April 29, 2011, 08:43:02 AM »
Who else is going to just skip to the end to see the announcement?
You know, this will be a shame. That's why I'm closing this forum for 25 min and go directly to YouTube. People should watch the whole chapter. And not be... LOL!!! THE DRUMMER IZ XXXX HA-HA! I SKIPPED 2 THE END!!!1

No twitter, no Facebook. Nothing but YouTube.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Offline theanalogkid7

• Just a guy
  • There are many knots I cannot untie.
« Reply #2692 on: April 29, 2011, 08:43:19 AM »
I'm going to be sitting in my 20th Century Theory class counting the minutes till I can get home and watch.  This is entirely too much fun.  :biggrin:
We are here to make everything better. We are going to make airplanes out of beef. - Alex Lifeson

Offline randymarsh

« Reply #2693 on: April 29, 2011, 08:43:53 AM »
18 minutes.

guys, what would be the odds the last episode be not shown today? how would you feel?

Offline Aniland

« Reply #2694 on: April 29, 2011, 08:44:12 AM »
0% chance, since RR announced it.