Author Topic: LaBrie to Start Vocals on Monday  (Read 22568 times)

Offline jamhet

Re: LaBrie to Start Vocals on Monday
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2011, 12:35:02 PM »
I hate that because of the whole new drummer conspiracy we get no footage from the studio.

Offline Metabog

• Life Inhibitor
  • I like big biquads and I cannot lie.
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
I'd rather have long-ish multiple tracks like I&W and Awake or even Train of Thought.

Offline russellmania

« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »
I totally agree with those that have like solo James better than DT James for while now.  James performance on the Frameshift album was incredible and better than anything he's done in DT since SFAM.  I think BC&SL had some of his most interesting stuff since SFAM, but agree that his sound on the covers was way better.  Static Impulse was also awesome.  The BC&SL covers makes you realized just how dynamic the guy still is, so I really hope he gets to let loose a little on this album.  The songs where he was covering Dio and Freddie Mercury were spectacular, and I'd love to hear more of that type of stuff from him.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »
I hate that because of the whole new drummer conspiracy we get no footage from the studio.
I love the use of the word "conspiracy"  :lol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline Bone_Daddy

« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2011, 01:19:44 PM »
Was watching Score yesterday and James singing that Majesty song was bloody great. I realised I missed him doing that highish (technical term) register with plenty of vibrato in DT. The last few records have tended to be a little lower in register without much vibrato. At least that's my impression. Hope he wails a bit more on this record, although he can do little wrong for me. :)

With MP and his whole "high-pitched vocals are dated" mindset out of the picture, I'm hoping we'll get glimpses of the old JLB. But I'm not holding my breath, it's likely "modern" vocals are here to stay.

If he brings the same vocal set to the new album that he brought to Static Impulse, we're in for a treat.

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2011, 01:24:12 PM »
Was watching Score yesterday and James singing that Majesty song was bloody great. I realised I missed him doing that highish (technical term) register with plenty of vibrato in DT. The last few records have tended to be a little lower in register without much vibrato. At least that's my impression. Hope he wails a bit more on this record, although he can do little wrong for me. :)

With MP and his whole "high-pitched vocals are dated" mindset out of the picture, I'm hoping we'll get glimpses of the old JLB. But I'm not holding my breath, it's likely "modern" vocals are here to stay.

If he brings the same vocal set to the new album that he brought to Static Impulse, we're in for a treat.
Well I agree. JLB vocals on SI are great... wish it could the same on DT11 ;)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »
Just hope after " finished song 5 " the next tweet wont be " Finished the last song "

:facepalm:

Not 6 songs again !!!

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2011, 04:20:14 PM »
Maybe they listened to how he sounded on the solo album :)

Yeah.  That and the BCSL covers disc, which is so much more compelling vocally than the actual album.
Dunno about that, I much prefer the vocals on the album. Probably my favourite vocals from him actually, really powerful and strong. The covers disc is good, but I find it a little too wild and uncontrolled at times.

He sounded amazing on SI as well though, so he's definitely getting it right these days!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.