Author Topic: Tremonti Thread v. A DYING MACHINE  (Read 71268 times)

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
Re: The Mark Tremonti solo project thread v. New Album Title!!
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 01:32:04 AM »
Well, me personally, I think the work he does with AB and Creed are two completely seperate sounds, but for Tremonti, he is working with musicians who aren't from either of those bands. Besides, he said that the music he wrote for his solo album came from ideas he's stored up for a long time that he thought would never see the light of day because it didn't fit Creed or Alter Bridge. He going to to his metal roots.  I think we're in for a treat!

Offline Accelerando

Re: The Mark Tremonti solo project thread v. "All I Was"
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 11:40:59 AM »
There's a new video on his Fret12 site with a 9 second preview of one his songs being played live! Sounds like some killer riffs

https://youtu.be/1aZ6LZNnCWk

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »
Honestly, all I'm hoping for is something different. He has been doing essentially the same few songs for over 10 years now. If his solo album could easily be a creed/alterbridge album musically, then I will just give up on Tremonti.

Yeah, but at least some of the songs he did with that Axl wannabe in Alter Bridge were decent.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »
Honestly, all I'm hoping for is something different. He has been doing essentially the same few songs for over 10 years now. If his solo album could easily be a creed/alterbridge album musically, then I will just give up on Tremonti.

Yeah, but at least some of the songs he did with that Axl wannabe in Alter Bridge were decent.
While I dig Alterbridge in the studio, their singer live is just terrible.  He's like a parody of himself in studio.  It always bugs me when people call him one of the best vocalists at the moment when even my friend who is a big fan of Alterbridge said the same thing.
I am looking forward to this album though, as I respect Mark Tremonti and dig his guitar work.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »
While I dig Alterbridge in the studio, their singer live is just terrible.  He's like a parody of himself in studio.  It always bugs me when people call him one of the best vocalists at the moment when even my friend who is a big fan of Alterbridge said the same thing.
I am looking forward to this album though, as I respect Mark Tremonti and dig his guitar work.

In his defense, he gets sick a lot. When he does, he has to change up the melody and tone of his voice to preserve it for his rough touring schedule. Check out "Live At Wembley". His vocals are excellent.

Tell me you just said that just to get a rile out of me for your amusement. He's a completely different frontman and singer than Axl!

Offline sylvan

• Alter Bridge Disciple
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 04:24:23 PM »

He has changed his way of performing live.  Back in 2004-2007 he was absolutely incredible live.  I could not believe how good he was live.  Truly awesome.  But it all changed basically when Blackbird came out and he was regularly playing guitar and singing live.  Although I saw their first show from the Blackbird tour in Orlando in 2007 and that was the first show (4th overall) I saw Myles play guitar for the whole show.  I took a buddy that was a huge Creed/AB/Tremonti fan to his first AB show, and the whole 2-hour ride home he just couldn't stop raving about how "Myles stole the show!"

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »
Go to tremontiproject.com now!!! They have sound clips up from the songs and two ways you can pre-order the album

[/quote]

Offline Accelerando

Re: The Mark Tremonti solo project thread v. Song Clips!!!
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2012, 11:19:53 PM »
Ok so are a few impressions judging from the three clips:

1. This album is definitely going to heavy. Much headbanging will be happening.

2. Mark's vocals are impressive!

3. Garrett Whitlock's drums are exactly what Mark needed for his solo record. No offense to Flip, but he does not have the chops to keep up with Mark's speed. The 'You're So Afraid' clip is glorious.

4. I fuckin hate Michael Elvis Baskette with his stupid fuckin over layered trackings. I don't know what Mark and the rest of the Alter Bridge guys see in him, but if last AB album showed anything of a weakness in production, it's Baskette. Bass is always buried in the mix. Adds pointless effects on the vocals. Adds layers upon layers.

That being said, im looking forward to a really rockin record, which it looks like this will be it. The melodies are solid too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 11:32:23 PM by Accelerando »

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2012, 05:14:40 PM »
Few thoughts of my own.

1. Glad to see the heaviness, despite it sounding a bit...samey, always nice to hear the heavy.
2. It really seems like Tremonti is sticking to the half time/chord strumming chorus that he's been doing for 15 years or whatever.
3. Luckily his great voice makes it sound less samey than in AB or Creed.
4. Thank Xenu he has a new drummer on this one. His playing with Scott is getting REALLY obvious and predictable. Nice to see a drummer who has some chops beyond laying down a groovy beat.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline OsMosis2259

• Pretty Pretty Pretty Good!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2012, 05:16:27 PM »
Few thoughts of my own.

1. Glad to see the heaviness, despite it sounding a bit...samey, always nice to hear the heavy.
2. It really seems like Tremonti is sticking to the half time/chord strumming chorus that he's been doing for 15 years or whatever.
3. Luckily his great voice makes it sound less samey than in AB or Creed.
4. Thank Xenu he has a new drummer on this one. His playing with Scott is getting REALLY obvious and predictable. Nice to see a drummer who has some chops beyond laying down a groovy beat.

yeah it's really nice to see the heaviness. 

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
Jesus, his vocals are amazing.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2012, 11:06:52 PM »
Really enjoyed those clips, looking forward to the album.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2012, 06:09:58 AM »
I think his voice sounds great. But as is the case with a lot of Alter Bridge stuff, there's a bit too much going on with the vocals, effects/layering/production-wise. Just let us hear the man sing. Then again, I'm really picky about that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:17:26 AM by pogoowner »

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2012, 09:24:31 AM »
Why did he never sing before?

Online Adami

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »
He actually sings a few back up lead parts in Creed (Where he'd sing at the same time as Scott, but an independent line) as well lots of back up vocals in both Creed and AB.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2012, 10:20:58 AM »
Only one I've really listened to is You Waste Your Time, since the others are a bit too short and randomly placed within the songs (I generally don't like clips at all). Anyway, it's sounding really good - basically what I expected given what we've heard about his voice and the style of it. Expecting lots of Still Remains type riffs. Can't wait to hear the full song and the full album even moreso.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2012, 11:54:56 PM »
I raped that replay button. This is gonna be a rockin album  :metal

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2012, 12:05:18 AM »
I think his voice sounds great. But as is the case with a lot of Alter Bridge stuff, there's a bit too much going on with the vocals, effects/layering/production-wise. Just let us hear the man sing. Then again, I'm really picky about that sort of thing.

And that's where I was complaining about the producer, Michael Elvis Baskette, who produced the last two Alter Bridge records. He has these ideas; some of them good and most of the them bad. The effects on the vocals are my number one pet peeve about his mixing next to the lack of bass in the mix.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2012, 04:24:24 AM »
I will say, I thought he was going for a more metal record.  While these clips are obviously heavier than Tremonti's other two bands, it still seems a little too much in the style of AB and Creed.  I'm not complaining cause I love both those bands, just something I noticed.  I do hope there is an instrumental track or two.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2012, 08:02:43 AM »
I will say, I thought he was going for a more metal record.  While these clips are obviously heavier than Tremonti's other two bands, it still seems a little too much in the style of AB and Creed.  I'm not complaining cause I love both those bands, just something I noticed.  I do hope there is an instrumental track or two.

I believe he said there are going to be vocals on all the songs but he hopes to do an instrumental album later on.

I think its from here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia547qcy-eo

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2012, 10:12:10 AM »
It sounds good, but not my cup of tea, particularly the vocals, they just seem overproduced, and not always fitting of the music.  But that's not saying I think it's bad, just not something I'm going out of my way to get.  I'll probably get this for my friend since his birthday is coming up, it's right up his alley.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »
this is some good modern rock thats for sure

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2012, 09:54:05 AM »
New single coming soon

https://www.billboard.com/news/creed-s-mark-tremonti-releasing-solo-debut-1006882152.story#/news/creed-s-mark-tremonti-releasing-solo-debut-1006882152.story

"Guitarist Mark Tremonti will step out from behind the axe on solo debut "All I Was" this summer.

The longtime Creed and Alter Bridge musician's new project, bowing under the name Tremonti, is due July 10. It'll see release on his own Fret 12 Records, a label founded with brother Daniel Tremonti and Tom Stanley.

The metal-influenced 12-track set will feature his first lead vocals, along with his signature guitar playing. Submersed members Eric Friedman (rhythm guitar) and Garrett Whitlock (drums) will fill out Tremonti's new band, with Alter Bridge/Creed bandmate Brian Marshall set to step in on bass during the group's future tour dates. In the meantime, Tremonti will be on the road with Creed through August, performing the albums "My Own Prison" and "Human Clay."

The lead single, "You Waste Your Time," will hit Active Rock radio in the coming weeks.

Below, the track list for Tremonti's "All I Was":

1. "Leave It Alone"
2. "So You'e Afraid"
3. "Wish You Well"
4. "Brains"
5. "The Things I've Seen
6. "You Waste Your Time"
7. "New Way Out"
8. "Giving Up"
9. "Proof"
10. "All I Was"
11. "Doesn't Matter"
12. "Decay"

Offline RuRoRul

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »
Sounds awesome  :metal

Of course I knew basically what to expect since we already had a pretty big sample of the song, but it's good to hear the song in full. Solo, last chorus and outro (with the main riff doubled up) are amazing.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »
Sounded like an Alter Bridge song. It's good, but nothing special to be quite honest. I hope there's more unique stuff on the album.

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
Hmm Tremonti posted that video and now its blocked by FRET12  :-\

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2012, 01:28:40 AM »
You can hear the new song here until it's up on YouTube officially

https://loudwire.com/tremonti-you-waste-your-time-song-review/

What an awesome song. That solo is wicked!

Online Adami

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2012, 08:26:46 AM »
Very cool song indeed. However, aside from 1-2 riffs, that really could be an Alterbridge song.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline OsMosis2259

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »
Very cool song indeed. However, aside from 1-2 riffs, that really could be an Alterbridge song.

True... The song still rocks though but you know what... there are 12 songs so there might be some different things. I think it seems like it'll stay in the usual formula with more heavier riffs.

Really diggin the production  :metal

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »
Formula or not, this is a rockin song. I think this is a safe release, but i do hope there are more challenging songs on the record.

Offline Accelerando

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2012, 10:53:17 PM »
Sweet video! I love Tremonti's vocals, and how he improves on guitar.

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
Re: The Mark Tremonti solo project thread v. "You Waste Your Time" Video
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2012, 10:56:47 PM »
Sweet song. The only downside I find with it is that I tend to imagine the song if Myles Kennedy sung it and it sounds so much better with his voice :(

It's not the first time it happens for me. Same happened with some songs of Creed's Full Circle.